Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by nikkiboy »

Duterprat wrote:
MvG is winning for about 3 years now and if you don't get used to being 10 legs in front during that period you'll probably never be. I wouldn't mind an exaggerated celebreation at the end, but doing a Rumpelstilzkin impersonation after each and every good throw and/or leg is (to me) just a sign of severe mental disorder. And even worse, of total disrespect for the opponent.

The problem I see is one of monkey see, monkey do and there are a load of young players out there who think it is perfectly acceptable, I'm old school so I think it shows a total lack of respect and these kids are going to start doing this and the game will start to go to the dogs, sooner or later when this new batch progresses the TV companies will realise that they have an image problem and drop darts like a stone.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by The Crusader »

nikkiboy wrote:
Duterprat wrote:
MvG is winning for about 3 years now and if you don't get used to being 10 legs in front during that period you'll probably never be. I wouldn't mind an exaggerated celebreation at the end, but doing a Rumpelstilzkin impersonation after each and every good throw and/or leg is (to me) just a sign of severe mental disorder. And even worse, of total disrespect for the opponent.

The problem I see is one of monkey see, monkey do and there are a load of young players out there who think it is perfectly acceptable, I'm old school so I think it shows a total lack of respect and these kids are going to start doing this and the game will start to go to the dogs, sooner or later when this new batch progresses the TV companies will realise that they have an image problem and drop darts like a stone.
Spot in Nick.
Thinking of one.
Bram_1900
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by Bram_1900 »

nikkiboy wrote:
Duterprat wrote:

Not something the young only do. The biggest monkey of all is Peter Wright and he has been there for a long long time now.
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

nikkiboy wrote:
Duterprat wrote:

Yes just like how many years ago F1 drivers won a race and received their trophy with a hand shake.
Now they do donuts and burn outs, stand on their car roofs, bonnets or nose cones, leap around like idiots and poor champaigne over everyones heads, and throw the half empty bottle into the crowd........ yeah right Darts celebration is over the top and will be dropped.

Few people here need to get out more.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
Henk
Brass Darts

Post by Henk »

spaceman70 wrote:Don't understand why, even if you are MvG, you would go for T17 on 83 with 3 darts in your hand.
Agree. But what happened?
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Henk wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:Don't understand why, even if you are MvG, you would go for T17 on 83 with 3 darts in your hand.
Agree. But what happened?
He missed the bull after missing T17.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Bram_1900 wrote:Not something the young only do. The biggest monkey of all is Peter Wright and he has been there for a long long time now.
really?
Wright looks stupid and his walk-on is silly and OTT but apart from that he is nowhere near the likes of MvG, Huybrechts or Hamilton.

4-1, hope that continues and the Gurner ends up crying like a big fat baby once more.
ssjsa
International

Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by ssjsa »

Very poor start from MVG averaging under 86 in that first session. Haven't watched his semi final, in fact don't even know the scores from the semis, as just came in from work, but he has been absolutely immense in this tournament so far. Can't afford to lose the next session or we could have a repeat of the demolition at last year's Matchplay final.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Duterprat wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:Not something the young only do. The biggest monkey of all is Peter Wright and he has been there for a long long time now.
really?
Wright looks stupid and his walk-on is silly and OTT but apart from that he is nowhere near the likes of MvG, Huybrechts or Hamilton.

4-1, hope that continues and the Gurner ends up crying like a big fat baby once more.
Wright stops before his last dart, walks to the end of the stage and starts stirring up the crowd..thats even more unprofessional.
deetee89
Pub Champion

Post by deetee89 »

Good start by Taylor, to be honest i thought he would be well behind even at this stage.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

ROFLMAO, Gurner manages to lose a leg that Taylor had already given up. sweet.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

HE IS HERE!!!
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Bram_1900 wrote:
Duterprat wrote:
really?

Wright stops before his last dart, walks to the end of the stage and starts stirring up the crowd..thats even more unprofessional.
Several times in the PL exhibition and a very few times in serious matches with his 3rd dart on a finish, yes. Ofc not great, but also not on almost every turn like the other s***bags.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Much better session from MVG, against a rampant Taylor, but failing to finish with 5 darts at a double in that 10th leg was absolutely criminal. Up against it big time.

Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Oh dear, can't believe MVG drowns near the shore. I got a cohort of accas with him as antepost winning the GSOD
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

SINGHA Beer Grand Slam of Darts 
Sunday November 15
Afternoon Session
Semi-Finals 

Michael van Gerwen (102.19) 16 (19) 6 (93.08) Michael Smith
Raymond van Barneveld (97.07)12 (31)16 (100.84) Phil Taylor
Best of 31 legs 

Evening Session (7pm)
Final 
Michael van Gerwen v Phil Taylor
Best of 31 legs 

Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

MVG 5-0 in that session. Phil has collapsed in this game - now can't buy a double.
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Chambord wrote:Oh dear, can't believe MVG drowns near the shore. I got a cohort of accas with him as antepost winning the GSOD
OK, he found out how to breathe again :)
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

haha, fek it, Taylor throwing it away.
Time to switch it off, good night ;)
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Taylor 0/9 on doubles this session, what a breakdown. Lets see how it plays out...