Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
slymaster
International

Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by slymaster »

Guys - please enlighten me! Since when is Taylor fruking up his doubles that bad? Havent seen that many matches from him (last 18 months). Just recently saw the Worlds final vs Mr. Anderson, where it was already showing...
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Phil can't boss him on the oche anymore so he tries to do it off the oche, not surprising really. I think Taylor just gave motivation to MVG for their future meeting and Taylor will regret it. Wonder if sky will play up this one too, at least it gives them something to spice up the next event lol
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Tristan wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
Tristan wrote:Apparently Taylor complained to Van Gerwen about his celebrations after the match. MVG was not very happy about it; in fact he was in tears aftwards in the interview with RTL7. MVG did say Phil simply has to deal with it because he will do it again next time...
Oh dear, you have to feel sorry for them after trousering a bucket load of cash. :roll:
??

Not really the point.
They are professional sportsmen, it's part of the game, deal with it.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

spaceman70 wrote:
Tristan wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
Tristan wrote:Apparently Taylor complained to Van Gerwen about his celebrations after the match. MVG was not very happy about it; in fact he was in tears aftwards in the interview with RTL7. MVG did say Phil simply has to deal with it because he will do it again next time...
Oh dear, you have to feel sorry for them after trousering a bucket load of cash. :roll:
??

Not really the point.
They are professional sportsmen, it's part of the game, deal with it.

Can you imagine Jocky crying?
FoundSidInTheBar
Steady Sixties

Post by FoundSidInTheBar »

No, but he might punch an official.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

FoundSidInTheBar wrote:No, but he might punch an official.
And which would you prefer to see. :D
FoundSidInTheBar
Steady Sixties

Post by FoundSidInTheBar »

Ha ha, fair enough. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just emotion, same as he shows on the stage. Taylor is just being a first class t0sser as usual.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Greatest player there has ever been of that there is no doubt ............joint with biggest twat also !!!!!
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

slymaster wrote:Guys - please enlighten me! Since when is Taylor fruking up his doubles that bad? Havent seen that many matches from him (last 18 months). Just recently saw the Worlds final vs Mr. Anderson, where it was already showing...
Sly, completely anecdotal as I have not looked at the stats from these matches, but crucial missed doubles cost him most recently in his loss to Adie at the European Championship, to Vincent in the Grand Prix, James Wade at the Matchpkay, Wright at the UK Open and numerous players in the P/L, including a match against RVB, where he averaged in excess of 115.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

ssjsa wrote: Sly, completely anecdotal as I have not looked at the stats from these matches, but crucial missed doubles cost him most recently in his loss to Adie at the European Championship, to Vincent in the Grand Prix, James Wade at the Matchplay, Wright at the UK Open and numerous players in the P/L, including a match agzinst RVB, where he averaged in excess of 115.
Thanks, so its not only happening vs the big ones (Mr. Anderson, MvG). Is he bowing down to the old champ, Father Time? Was it a mistake to change the darts, should he play more tournaments? Anyway - interesting times right now. :IIII:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MVG reflects on his GSOD win.

Michael Van Gerwen ‏@MvG180

I am so happy with this win. I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me and believed in me. #darts

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

More sore loser nonsense from Phil. He really is a first class tosser. (No pun intended)
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

Thanks MvG, $1000 @ $2.75 = $2750.00
Had me worried for a while v Taylor, but ya came thru Bro! Good on ya mate.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

Welshwizard79 wrote:More sore loser nonsense from Phil. He really is a first class tosser. (No pun intended)
I wouldn't go that far mate.
If you've ever played competitive sport, any sport, and you think you are the best, and you lose, it's hard to accept immediately after the event. Given more time Taylor would have selected his words more carefully, as you or I would. But, at the heat of the moment we say things we can later regret. I don't think any less of Taylor for what he said, he was a beaten and annoyed player. At least he's experienced it less than most.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

Typical Taylor.....he doesn't half jump around himself. They all do it these days.

Taylor currently hold no PDC major. That must hurt, though it looks like he might get a favourable draw at Ally Pally and go quite far. Averaging 91 v Jenkins and surviving earlier in the week, I thought his name was on this.

7-3 up, and missed at least 2 darts at double in the next 4 legs. He blew it at that point.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Superb final. Wonder if mvg was 'rattled' at the start with the fans chanting for Taylor? Started slow that's for sure.

Whatever you think of Taylor, what a player. Yes he 'blew' his lead but he made the final and was throwing some very good darts for parts of the match.

MvG may be the man to beat but he won't dominate as Taylor has done.

But i keep reading that taylor had a strop with MvG after the match. i watched this and didn't see that. Was there an interview elsewhere by Taylor becuase watching last night it seemed (maybe i was paying enough attention) Taylor took the defeat in good spirit?

If has people are saying taylor complained about MvG's celebrations he is out of order imo. When he wins not only does he celebrate but he 'makes' the loser sign the board he has just beaten them on!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Just watched the interview at the end and Taylor comes across as a cantankerous old fecker, couldn't let MVG bask in his well earned glory without trying to put the mockers on it. Now he knows it gets to Taylor he should jump around a bit more and rip the board off the wall and get Taylor to sign it.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Just watched the interview at the end and Taylor comes across as a cantankerous old fecker, couldn't let MVG bask in his well earned glory without trying to put the mockers on it. Now he knows it gets to Taylor he should jump around a bit more and rip the board off the wall and get Taylor to sign it.
+1
Taylor has always said. he'll done every thing and any thing for winning and has actually blamed other players not to do same. Now when one does and beats him, it's not a good thing any more
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

At 7-3, and with the break just before the break, I was convinced that Taylor would smash him. To use a football analogy, Taylor is like Man United under Moyes taking the lead. They still looked like Man United, but you couldn't trust them anymore.

We all knew it, but the end of an era really is here.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Updated for 2015, I'm sure a lot of you will have done it before but still passes the time, etc

http://www.sporcle.com/games/supercert/ ... ompetitors