Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Stubby
County Player

Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by Stubby »

Makes me smile that Taylor says he doesn't like MvG jumping around the stage when he hits a big finish or score and this place condems him as a sore loser, yet the ones condeming him have all week been saying they can't watch MvG gurning and fist pumping everytime he hits a big finish etc!!
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by Ginge »

Stubby wrote:Makes me smile that Taylor says he doesn't like MvG jumping around the stage when he hits a big finish or score and this place condems him as a sore loser, yet the ones condeming him have all week been saying they can't watch MvG gurning and fist pumping everytime he hits a big finish etc!!
They both have as much right to celebrate a win as much as people on here may not like either doing so. A shame Taylor doesn't feel the same way.
Big Jock Knew
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Cant stand MVG and all the stuff he gets up to, cant see were I have backed Taylor too. Dont get me wrong if you take out a big finish to break at an important time, to pull away or level up I get it, however not when 4,5,6, legs ahead.
Thinking of one.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Made me laugh when they showed a World Champs montage straight after and who was the one jumping and shouting in it?

Wasn't MvG :D
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Just watched the interview at the end and Taylor comes across as a cantankerous old fecker, couldn't let MVG bask in his well earned glory without trying to put the mockers on it.

Which is nothing new.

Even when he was losing the odd final during his domination he always tried to make the trophy presentations about him.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Well as far as I can see he holds no major titles at present so it's not about him any more......maybe someone should tell him.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Well as far as I can see he holds no major titles at present so it's not about him any more......maybe someone should tell him.
News of the world champion
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Well as far as I can see he holds no major titles at present so it's not about him any more......maybe someone should tell him.
News of the world champion
It's not a PDC major though is it :D
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

They're probably scared he'll headbutt them. Definitely don't tell him when he has a cold, would be my advice.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

seems like Phil likes a squabble, e.g Fordham, huybrechets, mvg, anyone who he thinks writes him off, or even questions that he may be on the decline. I think it is a way for him to keep focus or get motivation. What ever works for him, but to me it comes off like a drama queen. But then again this is the guy who cried about mervyn throwing a dart over his head because he could have faced serious injury. Always been a diva cry baby.
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Tristan wrote:Apparently Taylor complained to Van Gerwen about his celebrations after the match. MVG was not very happy about it; in fact he was in tears aftwards in the interview with RTL7. MVG did say Phil simply has to deal with it because he will do it again next time...
MvG was emotional, but it had nothing to do with Taylor's complaints, it was because of the win.

Or was there more then 1 MvG-interview after the win?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Yes most of the other players learnt to deal with Taylor farting on the oche so he should learn to do the same.
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Case wrote:
Tristan wrote:Apparently Taylor complained to Van Gerwen about his celebrations after the match. MVG was not very happy about it; in fact he was in tears aftwards in the interview with RTL7. MVG did say Phil simply has to deal with it because he will do it again next time...
MvG was emotional, but it had nothing to do with Taylor's complaints, it was because of the win.

Or was there more then 1 MvG-interview after the win?
No, it was tweeted that he was emotional by the interviewer... bit misleading.

You are correct sir.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

devosteve wrote:S
But i keep reading that taylor had a strop with MvG after the match. i watched this and didn't see that. Was there an interview elsewhere by Taylor becuase watching last night it seemed (maybe i was paying enough attention) Taylor took the defeat in good spirit?
I took the lack of replies to indicate there wasn't another interview so watched back his interview after the match. I watched this live but hadn't picked up the comment.

On 2nd watch he just, imo, made a basic comment about the celebration. Made other comments then said he is getting under my skin (not the celebrations, though he could have been referring to that). he didn't go on a rant at all. Are folks reacting to who said it and not what (and how) was said? I think so.

I'm no fan of taylor anymore. His double standards have 'worn me down' over time as to liking him. But let's give the guy a bit of slack.

He has just lost the final of a event that he was defending champion: his only current title. He just missed out on an extra £50,000. he blew a lead. The new boss beat the old boss. He makes a comment in that context. No big deal having re watching it for me.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

No, Taylor is every bad word under the sun, regardless of what he said!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Got the sound turned down, what's he saying?
He said during the first game that when he played harrington in some comp he (Harrington) hit the wrong double and claimed the match and then in this one he said he thought Lewis and Mason colluded to get through and knock him out in his only grand slam :D

Wowsers, earth shattering.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:
He said during the first game that when he played harrington in some comp he (Harrington) hit the wrong double and claimed the match and then in this one he said he thought Lewis and Mason colluded to get through and knock him out in his only grand slam :D

It took over 2 years, lads, but you landed him in the end :D
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:

Thats an almighty whoosh for you lad.
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: Grand Slam of Darts November 7th-15th 2015, Wolverhampton - Discussion

Post by Deleted User »

Booji Boy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:

Thats an almighty whoosh for you lad.
Nah.