Q-School 2016

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
billyd
Pub Champion

Q-School 2016

Post by billyd »

So the details are already online, when are entrants names released?

Anyone caught wind of any "top name" BDO players attending? Or anyone not renewing a tour card? Heard Steve Brown will not try Q-School this year. Ryan de Vreede managed to be seeded for Lakeside after failing to win a card at Q-School, I think that should encourage serious players to at least give it a go and see if they get a guaranteed 2 year tour card or not, then plan the year accordingly
Dannyboy
International

Re: Q-School 2016

Post by Dannyboy »

Steve Brown has already said he's packing it in, concentrating on his academy.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

billyd wrote:So the details are already online, when are entrants names released?

Anyone caught wind of any "top name" BDO players attending? Or anyone not renewing a tour card? Heard Steve Brown will not try Q-School this year. Ryan de Vreede managed to be seeded for Lakeside after failing to win a card at Q-School, I think that should encourage serious players to at least give it a go and see if they get a guaranteed 2 year tour card or not, then plan the year accordingly
Entries aren't open yet, well not announced by PDC so there isn't a list
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

The Jolly Man wrote:
billyd wrote:So the details are already online, when are entrants names released?

Entries aren't open yet, well not announced by PDC so there isn't a list
Ah OK, shows how much im paying attention :-) you would think that they would maybe announce something on TV about it then while they have been on TV the last few weekends to get as many entries as possible and promote the product, something I thought I would have to criticize the PDC about. I mean they did a better job of promoting the BDO this year at the Grand Slam than the BDO have all year!
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I think with the number of entries last year, I don't think the PDC will be pushing for even more people turning up in Wigan.
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Dannyboy wrote:Steve Brown has already said he's packing it in, concentrating on his academy.
We won't miss too much if he isn't playing anymore. Good step at his age, chooses for the future in which he seems perspective and in which he can earn himself a living.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Dannyboy wrote:I think with the number of entries last year, I don't think the PDC will be pushing for even more people turning up in Wigan.
Their info this year is putting a lot of emphasis on the fact that the Challenge Tour-only option exists, and I would guess they hope that's going to stop a few players from going to Wigan (at least more than the couple dozen last year). They really don't need 400-odd players to show up, 325 or so would be plenty enough to fill up the draw every day even if some don't play all 4 days.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Though I have to say it's a bit confusing that the £250 registration fee for the Challenge Tour is labelled "tour card upgrade" on Paypal.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Anybody think Q-School will be busier than ever next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DartsjournalistCOM
Pub Champion

Post by DartsjournalistCOM »

Jerry Hendriks is in!
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

DartsjournalistCOM wrote:Jerry Hendriks is in!
He is not. As entries are not open.
DartsjournalistCOM
Pub Champion

Post by DartsjournalistCOM »

Well, he enters then...
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Q School is already listed on Servasport, so I guess entries are technically open, just not officially announced yet.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:Q School is already listed on Servasport, so I guess entries are technically open, just not officially announced yet.
Yes entries are open, i do expect a lot less entries this year, i know personally of at least half a dozen that are paying but not attending, including myself.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

ifm wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Q School is already listed on Servasport, so I guess entries are technically open, just not officially announced yet.
Yes entries are open, i do expect a lot less entries this year, i know personally of at least half a dozen that are paying but not attending, including myself.
But paying for QS rather than directly for the Challenge Tour membership? Just keeping open their options I guess in case they reconsider?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:
ifm wrote:
But paying for QS rather than directly for the Challenge Tour membership? Just keeping open their options I guess in case they reconsider?
It's one in the same isn't it?
When i said entries i meant attendees.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Target_Pro Stone
Steady Sixties

Post by Target_Pro Stone »

Can anyone that has the £250 to pony up enter Q-School?
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

Seen someone on Twitter say Q School is open for entries:

http://pdpa.co.uk/Page/Content/50
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Post by Bruce Terrett »

http://pdpa.co.uk/News/Article/529/2016-pdc-q-school

Scroll to the bottom for the Entry List
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Q-School 2016

Post by Ginge »

phil davies wrote:If it's the Danny Dyer from near me he is a very good player.
Is he "propa nawty"?
Big Jock Knew