sky

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
slim
The Ton Club

sky

Post by slim »

dont know if this has been done but i guess its been talked about but havent had time to read all - surley something has to be said / done about sky working the crowd in play ? poor old walshie had it in his game with painter where they showed taylor backroom knowing crowd would react - TWICE on walshies throw - tonight on barneys throw they show a corro dart boy knowing damn well the crowd would react and all these times it put the player off and walshie did lose ? FFS do it on the break to pass time not midway through a frickin final with 2 legends throwing - out of order imo ? thoughts ?
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Re: sky

Post by and the Iron Fist »

Couldn't care less personally.

Maybe you think darts should be played behind closed doors with no tv? Oh wait... they do that on the Pro tour... A bit of crowd noise is an easy excuse for a bad shot.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Rave
Superleague Player

Post by Rave »

and the Iron Fist wrote:Couldn't care less personally.

Maybe you think darts should be played behind closed doors with no tv? Oh wait... they do that on the Pro tour... A bit of crowd noise is an easy excuse for a bad shot.
Yeah agreed!!
Fergal
Steady Sixties

Post by Fergal »

Kevin Webster put Barney off.
Ted Hankeys Cape
Brass Darts

Post by Ted Hankeys Cape »

Sky can do what they want! They pays their money! And so can the fans! They pays their money!
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

slim wrote:dont know if this has been done but i guess its been talked about but havent had time to read all - surley something has to be said / done about sky working the crowd in play ? poor old walshie had it in his game with painter where they showed taylor backroom knowing crowd would react - TWICE on walshies throw - tonight on barneys throw they show a corro dart boy knowing damn well the crowd would react and all these times it put the player off and walshie did lose ? FFS do it on the break to pass time not midway through a frickin final with 2 legends throwing - out of order imo ? thoughts ?
You have a point and why doesn't anybody shout MISS when Taylor is on an important shot?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

scott1uk wrote:
slim wrote:dont know if this has been done but i guess its been talked about but havent had time to read all - surley something has to be said / done about sky working the crowd in play ? poor old walshie had it in his game with painter where they showed taylor backroom knowing crowd would react - TWICE on walshies throw - tonight on barneys throw they show a corro dart boy knowing damn well the crowd would react and all these times it put the player off and walshie did lose ? FFS do it on the break to pass time not midway through a frickin final with 2 legends throwing - out of order imo ? thoughts ?
You have a point and why doesn't anybody shout MISS when Taylor is on an important shot?
because they would be ejected of course.

Its a difficult on for Sky as they want to portray the whole experience as a fun event hence the crowd shots, without Sky there would be no TV so I guess its a necessity
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

scott1uk wrote:
exactly - ok its a business etc and poor old barney should cope with whatever - when is it ever done on skys pride and joys throw ? in my opinion it has been blatantly used . twice on walshie mid throw ? that isnt coincedence
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

Taylor is the greatest player ever and proves it time and again BUT he's being overhyped by all of the Sky crew to the extreme. I know they consider him their key product, their flagship if you like, but there's a few other players too deserving a piece of attention. And that's words from me as a Taylor fan.
Ted Hankeys Cape
Brass Darts

Post by Ted Hankeys Cape »

nikkiboy wrote:
scott1uk wrote:

Its a difficult on for Sky as they want to portray the whole experience as a fun event hence the crowd shots, without Sky there would be no TV so I guess its a necessity
Its not a difficult one for sky at all. They have a license to do what they want!
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

Ted Hankeys Cape wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
scott1uk wrote:

Its not a difficult one for sky at all. They have a license to do what they want!
EXACTLY and they are doing just that and are trying to interfere with results with use of the crowds - without a doubt !!!!
boommoob2
Feather Flights

Post by boommoob2 »

Rudy wrote:Taylor is the greatest player ever and proves it time and again BUT he's being overhyped by all of the Sky crew to the extreme. I know they consider him their key product, their flagship if you like, but there's a few other players too deserving a piece of attention. And that's words from me as a Taylor fan.
You've got a long history of liking but not really liking Taylor. Sky, PDC would LOVE serious competition for Taylor. The hype they gave Barney this week was unreal but he flopped yet again. What can they do?.
boommoob2
Feather Flights

Post by boommoob2 »

slim wrote:
Ted Hankeys Cape wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
scott1uk wrote:

EXACTLY and they are doing just that and are trying to interfere with results with use of the crowds - without a doubt !!!!
Cant idiots like this be banned
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

boommoob2 wrote:
slim wrote:
Ted Hankeys Cape wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
scott1uk wrote: You have a point and why doesn't anybody shout MISS when Taylor is on an important shot?

Cant idiots like this be banned
The place would be empty!
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

scott1uk wrote:
I seem to remember about 3000 Scots really giving it to Taylor when he was on an important double against Jelle in PL match.

Ofcourse he cans the double and give's it back to the crowd - brilliant TV.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

DylanR
Brass Darts

Post by DylanR »

scott1uk wrote:
they have done plenty of times i will name examples if u want
doubles for dough

Post by doubles for dough »

Rave wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:Couldn't care less personally.

Yeah agreed!!
it's not the noise that's the problem it's that sky induced the noise with their actions making it an unfair playing field. Would you be saying the same if it was about 'the prowler'?
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

spot on mate...........i thought just the same when those 2 things happened in walshies game and suprise suprise walshie threw 24 and 60 in both visits were he was off put...........sky need to take a look at themselves and rather than get their heads even furhter up taylors arse put the respect of the fellow players first
woolleybully
Steady Sixties

Post by woolleybully »

think they should just edit the crowd shots on the screen inside the venue so that they just show the darts.