Taylor A Disgrace?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Taylor Is A Disgrace!

Post by nikkiboy »

scott1uk wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:I'd say more to dishearten the opponent ready for the next tournament
Yeah but even that is disgusting.
but very effective and no different from Bristow, Painter, Manley and loads of others. It also plays to the crowd which for the TV cameras makes great television
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

polarbear70 wrote:he is supposed to be a world champion with unprecedented wins but he doesn't really act like it.
Thats not a criticism. Just that's the way he is and maybe why he keeps his hunger for the game.
I can't understand though that you don't like him enjoying a win. It's just the post match stuff i think he needs to sort out.
Everyone has the right to celerbrate a win of course they do but taylor takes it way to far,For example did you see Merv King or Paul Nicholson especially celerbrate like that when they got a win over Taylor on t.v?.Its to the point now where it is embarrassing everyone knows Taylor is the greatest of all time and he knows it too, The man has more money than all the players put together but he is now losing his dignity acting like that.He acted tonight it was the first time he won it not the 11th or 12th.
Last edited by scott1uk on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

slymaster wrote:Scott1 - you bothered to open this thread to cry about Taylor.
How many comments for the main event - the match - ?

I am sure Taylor would never say something like this to his opponents....
Scott1: You will never win anything Grubby your reports are great but your results are embarassing.

:showbum: :showbum:
Isn't this what a forum is for?, and as for the last comment I wouldn't put it past him .
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Arthur Daley wrote:I think it's difficult for Taylor to know what to say or do after he's thrashed someone in the past, although he is usually extremely patronising.
In Barney's case tonight he was far from thrashed and Taylor should have shown him more respect, rather than dancing around the stage and acting like a Tony Blair when he was being presented with his runners-up prize.
The way Taylor was acting you'd think he'd won his first ever major.
After all he's won in past 25 years you'd think he could be more dignified in victory, especially knowing full well what Barney has been through in the past 12 months.

I find it great that he is acting like its his first win. Thats him, the best ever. Never getting tired of winning. Wants it so bad.
The joy is real. Darts is his life.

Talking about dignified - you should watch him losing the Worlds 2007 or some other biggies. Now thats class!
Rarely seen him a bad loser.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Thats because we rarely see him lose Sly :D
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

slymaster wrote:
Arthur Daley wrote:I think it's difficult for Taylor to know what to say or do after he's thrashed someone in the past, although he is usually extremely patronising.
In Barney's case tonight he was far from thrashed and Taylor should have shown him more respect, rather than dancing around the stage and acting like a Tony Blair when he was being presented with his runners-up prize.
The way Taylor was acting you'd think he'd won his first ever major.
After all he's won in past 25 years you'd think he could be more dignified in victory, especially knowing full well what Barney has been through in the past 12 months.

I find it great that he is acting like its his first win. Thats him, the best ever. Never getting tired of winning. Wants it so bad.
The joy is real. Darts is his life.

Talking about dignified - you should watch him losing the Worlds 2007 or some other biggies. Now thats class!
Rarely seen him a bad loser.

I just honestly find it hard to like the man and Im not saying that because Im bitter infact he won me a few quid tonight just never been able to take to him thats all
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

I must agree with Slymaster here. Taylor is a far better loser than Barney, believe me.

Besides, Scott, didn't you notice Raymond walking off stage (again!!!) and Taylor making a remark about that by indicating Barney had been brought back?

I do believe in mind games, also being applied by Taylor, but he wanted to give the dartboard to a young kid in the front row and the PDC had to rush the runner up ceremony. They could have waited for Taylor a few secs.
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

Taylor said tonight he doesn't care if people like him or not so he is obviously aware of people not liking him.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

scott1uk wrote:Taylor said tonight he doesn't care if people like him or not so he is obviously aware of people not liking him.
goes with the territory
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

Rudy wrote:I must agree with Slymaster here. Taylor is a far better loser than Barney, believe me.

Besides, Scott, didn't you notice Raymond walking off stage (again!!!) and Taylor making a remark about that by indicating Barney had been brought back?

I do believe in mind games, also being applied by Taylor, but he wanted to give the dartboard to a young kid in the front row and the PDC had to rush the runner up ceremony. They could have waited for Taylor a few secs.
Maybe Barney didn't want to be patronised like Taylor usually does to everyone after a match.
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

end of the day it would be hard for the guy to say " anything " and it not be patronizing or deemed as patronizing by us the masses - im sick of him on the verge of hating him but he didnt do anything wrong tonight to be fair - he corrected himself on the bad loser thing which in fairness he was right lol but tried to be politically correct . when your that good and win that often what are you left with to say ?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

slim wrote:end of the day it would be hard for the guy to say " anything " and it not be patronizing or deemed as patronizing by us the masses - im sick of him on the verge of hating him but he didnt do anything wrong tonight to be fair - he corrected himself on the bad loser thing which in fairness he was right lol but tried to be politically correct . when your that good and win that often what are you left with to say ?
just "hes a cracking little player" :DDD: :DDD:
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

slim wrote:end of the day it would be hard for the guy to say " anything " and it not be patronizing or deemed as patronizing by us the masses - im sick of him on the verge of hating him but he didnt do anything wrong tonight to be fair - he corrected himself on the bad loser thing which in fairness he was right lol but tried to be politically correct . when your that good and win that often what are you left with to say ?
I can understand that to a degree what you are saying but like I said he doesn't come over as genuine in his compliments just patronising.
Arthur Daley
Brass Darts

Post by Arthur Daley »

scott1uk wrote:Taylor said tonight he doesn't care if people like him or not so he is obviously aware of people not liking him.
I don't understand why he needed to say that. The fans support him in large numbers so that's all the public need to know.
Obviously he was referring to other players so don't know why he needed to raise the matter.
I admire and totally respect what he has managed to achieve in his career and I'm amazed he still has the hunger to win more, but his whole behaviour this week has been different and he has gone down a long way in my estimation as a result.
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

ozzieb wrote:Taylor congratulated him and warned other players to watch out. Taylor took his words back and corrected himself saying Barney doesnt like losing, not that he is a bad loser.
funny that he only corrected himself when barney came back on stage! as a dart player the mans the best theres ever been and ever likely to be , mind you shaun griffiths got a 107+ ave in teenage open at braintree today watch out phil
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

I once read about the 1970's martial arts phenomenon Bruce Lee answering a question "Do you think you're the best in the world?" by replying "If I'd say "yes", you would find me arrogant, but if I'd say no, you'd know I would be lying".

It's hard to be good and modest without displaying some sort of a patronizing attitude.
Taylor does his best to respect his opponents, but sometimes -as we Dutchies say- falls through the ice....
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

scott1uk wrote: I just honestly find it hard to like the man and Im not saying that because Im bitter infact he won me a few quid tonight just never been able to take to him thats all

Fair enough although your first post/title of the thread looks a bit touchy.
Last edited by slymaster on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nothing to see here

Taylor was fine. Whoever you are your talking complete rubbish
TDSS
Steady Sixties

Post by TDSS »

Can Taylor do anything right in some peoples eyes??
Nothing to see here.....
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

Rudy wrote:I once read about the 1970's martial arts phenomenon Bruce Lee answering a question "Do you think you're the best in the world?" by replying "If I'd say "yes", you would find me arrogant, but if I'd say no, you'd know I would be lying".

It's hard to be good and modest without displaying some sort of a patronizing attitude.
Taylor does his best to respect his opponents, but sometimes -as we Dutchies say- falls through the ice....
very well put and true - cant beleive im sticking up for him as i am not pro taylor , he cannot win really what is he supposed to say ? i think he tries so hard not to be patronizing he "falls through the ice " as the dutch say :D