BBC confirm Lakeside dropped.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Re: BBC confirm Lakeside dropped.

Post by clemy1989 »

BDO Brad wrote:The decision by the BBC to drop Lakeside will backfire massively. This could lead to a number of people demanding a refund on their license fee.
Wow a contender for most deluded poster ever!
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

BDO Brad wrote:The decision by the BBC to drop Lakeside will backfire massively. This could lead to a number of people demanding a refund on their license fee.
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

spaceman70 wrote:
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Ginge! oh, hang on.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
The Mannaheir
Steady Sixties

Post by The Mannaheir »

Are we soon to see no more big fishes in little ponds and all the fish swimming in the same tank? Always thought it might happen some day many years down the road but surely that possibility has been brought forward some what now. Still room for BDO or whatever a future organisation may call themselves(as long as it's not deluxe darts corporation) but surely it's best if all the best players are playing all together.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

clemy1989 wrote:
You may need to fix your sarcasm detector.
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

Dannyboy wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
You may need to fix your sarcasm detector.
Apologies didnt realise this was ginge having a laugh. Some of the bdo fanboys are a deluded bunch im sure they would believe that to be true!
BDO Brad
The Ton Club

Post by BDO Brad »

Laugh all you want but this is a black day, not just for darts, but for the general viewing public.
deathrides
Steady Sixties

Post by deathrides »

True, It was the best comedy show they had
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

If you had sat down to write this two months you'd never have come up with this scenario. it just seems too far fetched. All the texts and emails were flying about re the new era. Lakeside was abuzz with mention of new events, backed by obscene figures that would make us all flip. Sue Williams gave an interview to the Independent, telling fans of exciting new commercial tie-ups, new sponsors and new events. Scott Mitchell tells the darting world that players will be flocking back to the BDO.

Fast forward only a clatter of weeks. The new sponsors and new commercial tie ups were a fallacy. The BDO's new partner has been shown to be a debt ridden organisation composed of shell companies. The first new event was cancelled. Kevin McDine is the only player to return to the BDO. And on the same day the jewel in the BDO's crown - terrestrial coverage of Lakeside - is binned, the PDC announces a new event to be broadcast on BBC. Honestly, I'd never have imagined this in my wildest dreams. It's absolutely glorious.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

^ I think this just about sums it up!
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Murphio wrote:If you had sat down to write this two months you'd never have come up with this scenario. it just seems too far fetched. All the texts and emails were flying about re the new era. Lakeside was abuzz with mention of new events, backed by obscene figures that would make us all flip. Sue Williams gave an interview to the Independent, telling fans of exciting new commercial tie-ups, new sponsors and new events. Scott Mitchell tells the darting world that players will be flocking back to the BDO.

Fast forward only a clatter of weeks. The new sponsors and new commercial tie ups were a fallacy. The BDO's new partner has been shown to be a debt ridden organisation composed of shell companies. The first new event was cancelled. Kevin McDine is the only player to return to the BDO. And on the same day the jewel in the BDO's crown - terrestrial coverage of Lakeside - is binned, the PDC announces a new event to be broadcast on BBC. Honestly, I'd never have imagined this in my wildest dreams. It's absolutely glorious.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

So the pdc have brokered a deal with the BBC and effectivly killed off the bdo.........is this really good news for thousands of bdo players. A flecking sad day for darts.

Profit before people. ............a monopoly of contrived orchestrated repeats.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:So the pdc have brokered a deal with the BBC and effectivly killed off the bdo.........is this really good news for thousands of bdo players. A flecking sad day for darts.

Hitler parody anyone?
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Paddy McGinty wrote:So the pdc have brokered a deal with the BBC and effectivly killed off the bdo.........is this really good news for thousands of bdo players. A flecking sad day for darts.

It's like shopping at lidl for years and then being offered a free shop at marks and Spencer's.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Darts will be shipped from now on spacey.........theater TV for the masses.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

a great day
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Darts will be shipped from now on spacey.........theater TV for the masses.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Anyone?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

“We have started to move forward. We have new events coming on board, new sponsors, so we are in a very good position. I’m confident about the future. We would like to improve the prize-money, of course, and that is something under discussion with all our partners.”
Could someone kindly remove Sue Williams' boot from her own mouth. Cheers.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Any luck, Sue? :D
Big Jock Knew
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

I feel genuinely sorry for Scott and all the rest of the nice guys, a couple of exceptions!!!, who have turned down qschool and stayed with the belief that things would improve although years of experience would have told them different. Where does the bdo go fro here? There are still A LOT of people who think Scott Mitchell is the world champion, these people have no exposure to sky sports and aren't pub goers. They will now get to see a proper professional darts show, unreal excitement and different in so many ways to what they see every January, some of the people won't like the razamataz BUT an awful lot will. Expect much higher traffic through pdc.tv at the end of Sept and many new fans. Barry Hearn "joked" to us a few years ago at a players meeting that he'd give BBC a tourney to p155 of the bdo, can't imagine he'd have given them a comp but you can be sure they haven't paid top dollar for it.
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!