Lakeside 2011

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
chop
Brass Darts

Re: Lakeside 2011

Post by chop »

So it's wrong to repeat the darts the next afternoon could sky and PDC please take note as this is repeated on more than 1 sky sports channel
HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Post by HayemakerBen »

Not wrong at all Chop... Just repeat the broadcast, don't repaclage yesterdays events with a livw studio feed, with analasyis and features I am intrested in.

As sky do it, repeat the broadcast verbatum.
Twitter: Hayemakerben
Facebook:
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

I'm not in the habit of making insults, but I sincerely hope they won't have this super irritating DJ like youngster doing the interviews again as both his accent and his performance in front of the cams is utterly annoying i.m.h.o.
HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Post by HayemakerBen »

A lot of people don;t like Colin Murray.. And to be honest I didn't think I would...

But Ihe made me laugh several times the way he took the pi$$ a little out of it all...
Facebook:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
chop wrote:Why the sarcasm of bdo starting at 5.30 on a weekday yet acceptable for PDC 1/4's starting during the day !
because its the BDO plain and simple and in some people's eyes they can do no right
The PDC didn't bill it's single 1pm start as an "evening session". It's totally different.

You go for a night at the darts, not to be kicked out of Lakeside at half 8. Just my opinion though.
Big Jock Knew
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

Bradders wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
chop wrote:Why the sarcasm of bdo starting at 5.30 on a weekday yet acceptable for PDC 1/4's starting during the day !
because its the BDO plain and simple and in some people's eyes they can do no right
The PDC didn't bill it's single 1pm start as an "evening session". It's totally different.

You go for a night at the darts, not to be kicked out of Lakeside at half 8. Just my opinion though.

You been to lakeside often ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Offline wrote:
Bradders wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Does not going bar me from having the opinion that the darts finishes too early?
Big Jock Knew
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

Bradders wrote:
Offline wrote:
Bradders wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Does not going bar me from having the opinion that the darts finishes too early?

So that will be a no then, you haven't been ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

Bradders wrote:Does not going bar me from having the opinion that the darts finishes too early?

Not at all just lets us gauge the validity of your opinion, just my opinion though
HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Post by HayemakerBen »

Would Bradders want to go? I wouldn't!! ..am happy to view it on TV.
Facebook:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

HayemakerBen wrote:Would Bradders want to go? I wouldn't!! ..am happy to view it on TV.
Very true.

Oh Ben, went to the cinema tonight and there was an advert for Sky 3D, said it was starting in the Autumn, probably the reason why you were having probs watching the darts the other night.
Big Jock Knew
HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Post by HayemakerBen »

Ahaha, I TRIED To call SKY first thing this morning, but their tedious route to speak with an actual person meant I became bored and got on with some work..

I should have just asked you..! :book1:

But yes, would explain so...
Facebook:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

HayemakerBen wrote:Ahaha, I TRIED To call SKY first thing this morning, but their tedious route to speak with an actual person meant I became bored and got on with some work..

I should have just asked you..! :book1:

But yes, would explain so...
Seems a bit silly to have the channel in place though so early. Teasing you, they are!!
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

but bradders your point about lakeside starting at 5.30 was during the week and people would be at work! in pdc land is not friday at 1pm not only during the week but 4.5 hrs earlier. lakeside is a very large complex they clear the playing arena but the various bar areas in the 2 hotels are still open and players mingle amongst the fans! you should try it and see you might even enjoy yourself
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:but bradders your point about lakeside starting at 5.30 was during the week and people would be at work! in pdc land is not friday at 1pm not only during the week but 4.5 hrs earlier. lakeside is a very large complex they clear the playing arena but the various bar areas in the 2 hotels are still open and players mingle amongst the fans! you should try it and see you might even enjoy yourself
I doubt many people in holiday in Blackpool in July will complain about going to darts at 1pm Paul (I presume it is you). The number of afternoon sessions has gone from 3 to 2 to 1 over the past few years, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was 0 next year. Even if it wasn't, a summer afternoon in Blackpool is much different to a freezing January afternoon in landlocked Frimley Green.

As for Lakeside, nah. To be honest I went to the Matchplay past week and the drink and company aside, I much prefer watching it at home. Get to see it much better! Although the atmos isn't the same, granted.
Big Jock Knew
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

Yes bradders it's me couldn't log on as chop from of could on iPhone I emailed admin, was quicker to re registar!!
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Unless you live locally to any venue showing darts (and i mean very very locally) most people will book the day off they are going and the day after aswell. If you finish work at 5.30 you arent going to be ready to have a proper night out, including travel home from work, getting ready and travel to venue for 7pm are you? So it makes no difference

In many ways its better having an early afternoon start with darts sandwiched in the middle and doing something else at the end.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

And be able to get strain or bus home , the bdo thinking of road safety don't drink and drive
the battler
The Ton Club

Post by the battler »

:D it finishes that early coz maroon blazers bus passes cannot be used after 6pm!