Lakeside 2011

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Lakeside 2011

Post by Ginge »

chop wrote:And be able to get strain or bus home , the bdo thinking of road safety don't drink and drive
Yes, I'm sure thats the first thing on their minds when they schedule the sessions to start at 5.30.
Big Jock Knew
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

Bradders wrote:
chop wrote:And be able to get strain or bus home , the bdo thinking of road safety don't drink and drive
Yes, I'm sure thats the first thing on their minds when they schedule the sessions to start at 5.30.
No the 1st thing on their minds is what the BBC want because of the cash, much like the PDC if sky told barry they want PL to be shown at 5.30 on a Thursday it would be, also it's better than when PDC matches to suit sky have finished at midnight then throwing out 6thousand enebriated fans on to the streets with little or no public transport running causing disturbance to local residents
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

the battler wrote::D it finishes that early coz maroon blazers bus passes cannot be used after 6pm!
It finishes before 6pm? Can you read?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

chop wrote:
Bradders wrote:
No the 1st thing on their minds is what the BBC want because of the cash, much like the PDC if sky told barry they want PL to be shown at 5.30 on a Thursday it would be, also it's better than when PDC matches to suit sky have finished at midnight then throwing out 6thousand enebriated fans on to the streets with little or no public transport running causing disturbance to local residents
Good post Paul
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

bob potter masterstroke by having the wc starting on the 1st, that means players will have to attend the players meeting on the friday nite ensuring lakeside will get a bumper new years eve! would be nice this year if the restaurant was open rather than just bar meals, i know the scottish contingent werent happy about starting new years day.
personally think it would be better for pdc champs to be finished before lakeside starts seems daft when our tv time is limited not to maximise potential viewing figures, would be far more watching if the 1st or 2nd round lakeside wasnt up against the semi or final of pdc event
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:bob potter masterstroke by having the wc starting on the 1st, that means players will have to attend the players meeting on the friday nite ensuring lakeside will get a bumper new years eve! would be nice this year if the restaurant was open rather than just bar meals, i know the scottish contingent werent happy about starting new years day.
personally think it would be better for pdc champs to be finished before lakeside starts seems daft when our tv time is limited not to maximise potential viewing figures, would be far more watching if the 1st or 2nd round lakeside wasnt up against the semi or final of pdc event
Has it ever started on New Years Day before?

Think its better all round if there isnt an overlap, to be honest. Last few years there has been though.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

They have suffered considerably because the first round of the Lakeside has been played the same time as the latter stages at the ladbrokes
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:They have suffered considerably because the first round of the Lakeside has been played the same time as the latter stages at the ladbrokes
Which gets scheduled in first? You would think the other would work around it. Why Lakeside cant start on the 8th Jan is beyond me, it did in 2000 (on the second Saturday of the month, not the first), so there is a prescedent to do it again.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

That would be commonsense bradders! Bdo and PDC both at fault over this! I suppose bdo arguement is they had it first and PDC chose to go up against them, unfortunately the only ones to lose out are the fans!
At lakeside last year after the evening matches we all sat in the lounge watching the whitlock v Taylor match even a maroon blazer or two watching
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:That would be commonsense bradders! Bdo and PDC both at fault over this! I suppose bdo arguement is they had it first and PDC chose to go up against them, unfortunately the only ones to lose out are the fans!
At lakeside last year after the evening matches we all sat in the lounge watching the whitlock v Taylor match even a maroon blazer or two watching
Doesnt help now that the PDC event sometimes spills over past New Years Day - it never used to as far as I remember.

The PDC event this year has been pencilled in since at least the 9th October 2008:

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0 ... 55,00.html

Gives plenty of time for the "other side" to work around it, if you ask me. Assuming they hadnt named the date by then, but I dont think they had.
Big Jock Knew
crazydarter
Pub Champion

Post by crazydarter »

WCDPA wrote: i know the scottish contingent werent happy about starting new years day.

thats cause the scot's like to party party party at the bells..... :CCCCC: :CDDD: :CCCCC: :CDDD: :MMNN: :CDDD: :MMNN: :CCCCC: :CDDD: :CCCCC: :DDDC: :P :P :P
Little Richard
The Ton Club

Lakeside 2011

Post by Little Richard »

As darts fans, I think we all read a bit too much into the TV clash of the two World Championships. It seems to me that both are scheduled to suit their broadcasters, and not to directly compete with the other.

The Lakeside World Championship has been scheduled as a nine day event, starting on the first Saturday of the year since 1997. The only exception to that rule as Bradders pointed out was in 2000... due to extensive coverage of the millennium celebrations.

It is all to do with BBC sports scheduling. In recent years, the Lakeside World Darts is immediately followed by Masters Snooker... and it's the same production company that work on both events.

Darts is deliberately scheduled for the first weekend as there is a limit to other sporting activity that day (especially since FA Cup rights shifted to ITV). It makes sense and TV ratings back it up. It's exactly the same as Sky Sports mentality with the darts... a great slot for them is the Christmas period... it's their showpiece event, through what would otherwise be a quiet time in sports coverage on their channels.

It all makes sense in the broadcasting world... it's just that our lives revolve around darts that we start feeling hard done by with the clash and look for conspiracy theories.

Personally, I think it's a great period for our sport with many fans attending both events across the three weeks... and with the recent earlier scheduling for the evening matches at Lakeside, it worked in our favour as in the past couple of years there's barely a clash of the two events.
follow me on facebook and twitter
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Little Richard wrote:As darts fans, I think we all read a bit too much into the TV clash of the two World Championships. It seems to me that both are scheduled to suit their broadcasters, and not to directly compete with the other.

The Lakeside World Championship has been scheduled as a nine day event, starting on the first Saturday of the year since 1997. The only exception to that rule as Bradders pointed out was in 2000... due to extensive coverage of the millennium celebrations.

It is all to do with BBC sports scheduling. In recent years, the Lakeside World Darts is immediately followed by Masters Snooker... and it's the same production company that work on both events.

Darts is deliberately scheduled for the first weekend as there is a limit to other sporting activity that day (especially since FA Cup rights shifted to ITV). It makes sense and TV ratings back it up. It's exactly the same as Sky Sports mentality with the darts... a great slot for them is the Christmas period... it's their showpiece event, through what would otherwise be a quiet time in sports coverage on their channels.

It all makes sense in the broadcasting world... it's just that our lives revolve around darts that we start feeling hard done by with the clash and look for conspiracy theories.

Personally, I think it's a great period for our sport with many fans attending both events across the three weeks... and with the recent earlier scheduling for the evening matches at Lakeside, it worked in our favour as in the past couple of years there's barely a clash of the two events.

:DDDD: :DDDD:

Must confess I'm tempted to haul ar*e down to the Lakeside next year.

Sounds like a good day out. :CCCCC: :CCCCC:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

trust you to be the sensible one and ruin a good conspiracy theory richie, purely selfish reasons on my part as sister has a pub and through whyte and mackay gets freebies for pdc events ,would willingly forego them though if my lady was involved in ladies final nite at lakeside,
any good promotions in the pipeline mate?