BDO to make big April announcement

Post by dartsfacts »

What's it gonna be?
oche balboa
International

Re: BDO to make big April announcement

Post by oche balboa »

hahahahaha
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The British Darts Organisation are proud to announce that there will be no announcements, except of course for this announcement which I suppose means that there will be one announcement but this announcement will just be announceing that there will be no announcements so it is not really a big announcement.
Therefore:
The British Darts Organisation is pleased to announce that apart from this announcement there will be no announcements in April.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BIG NEWS!!!!!

Site Navigation Problems

It has been reported that some site visitors using mobile devices are having problems with the drop-down menus on this site. As a temporary measure we have added a 2nd menu on the left hand side, below "Upcoming Events".

We are working to ensure that all visitors are able to successfully navigate to all pages using any type of device and ask for your patience while we identify causes and resolve issues
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ironic that upcoming events is involved.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Definitely will be a big announcement in April .

Maybe .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

VIZ TOP TIP - need to get a few aging darts players off your back for five weeks? Simply spend £300 on instructing a solicitor to send a letter to yourself.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:VIZ TOP TIP - need to get a few aging darts players off your back for five weeks? Simply spend £300 on instructing a solicitor to send a letter to yourself.
Still think it was a bdo ploy then?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:VIZ TOP TIP - need to get a few aging darts players off your back for five weeks? Simply spend £300 on instructing a solicitor to send a letter to yourself.
Yup. 4 days into April and still no announcement kinds goes some way to saying it was a time saving ploy. They have £600k in the bank, whats a few hundred quid to get a letter sent?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Yup. 4 days into April and still no announcement kinds goes some way to saying it was a time saving ploy. They have £600k in the bank, whats a few hundred quid to get a letter sent?
So you are suggesting underhand measures which, if the letters were intended for any of the county shareholders, may also be bordering on illegal, ie to knowing pass false information to shareholders is dodgy ground indeed.
Serious allegations, I wonder if Aunty sue would care to refute them on here?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I suggested at the time it was a time-saving measure, and I have been proven right.

Been over 2 weeks since I had "Channel 4" PM'd to me, and yet nothing announced, one can only assume its gone tits up.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Because of your pm I was told
T14T11
Pub Champion

Post by T14T11 »

No announcement to make. 'Big April' (Cheshire Ladies 1972-79) died years ago.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
So you are suggesting underhand measures which, if the letters were intended for any of the county shareholders, may also be bordering on illegal, ie to knowing pass false information to shareholders is dodgy ground indeed.
Is it?

The letter said nothing but advising that they couldnt answer any questions about the TV deal and future events because they were still in a stage of negotiations.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Because of your pm I was told
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Is it?

The letter said nothing but advising that they couldnt answer any questions about the TV deal and future events because they were still in a stage of negotiations.
Missing the point Brett, if it was produced by the md just to mislead shareholders then it borders upon being illegal.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

nikkiboy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Still think it was a bdo ploy then?
Is it?

Missing the point Brett, if it was produced by the md just to mislead shareholders then it borders upon being illegal.
No thats my point, its pretty hard to prove it was to mislead people because unless they are completely inept (and that's a completely other debate) they will be constantly talking and negotiating with people about events and a TV deal.

The argument I suppose is using that as an excuse to not go to the meeting but it wouldn't be the first time they used that excuse to not answer any questions (last years agm for example)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I heard that Sue and Wayne have been trying to get a tv deal but have fell flat on there arses and the likelyhood is that Lakeside will not be on TV in a live format

World Trophy/World Masters may be on the stream
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I've heard

Nowt
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

oche balboa wrote:I heard that Sue and Wayne have been trying to get a tv deal but have fell flat on there arses and the likelyhood is that Lakeside will not be on TV in a live format

World Trophy/World Masters may be on the stream
Did they fly to Cape Town to speak to Eurosport?