NEW ISSUE: It's never a dull week in the BDO

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
dartsweekly
The Ton Club

Re: NEW ISSUE: It's never a dull week in the BDO

Post by dartsweekly »

The Cat wrote:I think the point is (as you made earlier Ginge) there just isn't enough news for a weekly magazine.

Monthly would be far better as long as you used more pages for it.

I can't see advertisers being too interested in a write up of the PL (In the 16 odd weeks it is actually active), county news when mostly it is only one match a month and that leaves you with blogs and interviews that really don't need to be weekly in any case. Yeah you get the weeks where you have tournaments to report on but it is all second hand stuff that has been all over the forums the same day.

The rest (gossip, scandal, breaking news) is all available on a daily basis on most forums so publishing weekly serves the worst of both worlds imo.
It's rare now that there is a weekend where there isn't a PDC or a BDO tournament being held somewhere so we felt going weekly would enable us to be more current with darts fans. We usually try and get at least one interview in each week so we have our own fresh content and we've also just got on board a new columnist to replace Andrew, who will be writing a column three times a month (the other week will still be used for our A Darter's Diary column with Ricky Williams).

In the next few months we're looking to do some more historical pieces and try and chat with some of the former top players. I'm really hoping to get a chat with Tony Brown for one of those pieces, if there is anyone else you think would be good to chat to then let us know.

We've been running for four months now and I'd like to think we've developed a great readership of darts fans. Hopefully with your feedback we'll be able to improve the magazine and keep it going for many more months to come :)
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:If the content was good and suitable for sensitive readers it'd be worthwhile. Wouldn't have to have a thousand posts a day but "could" be a way to bring players and fans together like old SOD
I think the WDT ticket sales are a pretty good indicator or the market demand for your product.
Totally unrelated, wot a load of crap.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

dartsweekly wrote:
The Cat wrote:I think the point is (as you made earlier Ginge) there just isn't enough news for a weekly magazine.

Monthly would be far better as long as you used more pages for it.

I can't see advertisers being too interested in a write up of the PL (In the 16 odd weeks it is actually active), county news when mostly it is only one match a month and that leaves you with blogs and interviews that really don't need to be weekly in any case. Yeah you get the weeks where you have tournaments to report on but it is all second hand stuff that has been all over the forums the same day.

The rest (gossip, scandal, breaking news) is all available on a daily basis on most forums so publishing weekly serves the worst of both worlds imo.
It's rare now that there is a weekend where there isn't a PDC or a BDO tournament being held somewhere so we felt going weekly would enable us to be more current with darts fans. We usually try and get at least one interview in each week so we have our own fresh content and we've also just got on board a new columnist to replace Andrew, who will be writing a column three times a month (the other week will still be used for our A Darter's Diary column with Ricky Williams).

In the next few months we're looking to do some more historical pieces and try and chat with some of the former top players. I'm really hoping to get a chat with Tony Brown for one of those pieces, if there is anyone else you think would be good to chat to then let us know.

We've been running for four months now and I'd like to think we've developed a great readership of darts fans. Hopefully with your feedback we'll be able to improve the magazine and keep it going for many more months to come :)
I wish you nothing but the best but I can't see weekly working in the long term. Fair play to you though for having a go. If you do carry on weekly it has to be exclusives such as interviews like you have started doing.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So after the hoo-ha of the 41 page thread (now locked), I bet not a single thing was mentioned at the Delegates Meeting yesterday.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Ginge wrote:So after the hoo-ha of the 41 page thread (now locked), I bet not a single thing was mentioned at the Delegates Meeting yesterday.
Ask Mh's "source"
UKDA 4 Life
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Ginge wrote:So after the hoo-ha of the 41 page thread (now locked), I bet not a single thing was mentioned at the Delegates Meeting yesterday.
The fact that the only thing that has "leaked" is a draw, suggests that's the case. You'd have thought, after the last few months of "events" that they'd have have plenty to talk about!
TDSS
Steady Sixties

Post by TDSS »

markymark wrote:
The fact that the only thing that has "leaked" is a draw, suggests that's the case. You'd have thought, after the last few months of "events" that they'd have have plenty to talk about!
Yep, but when it came down to it they all bottled it and stayed quiet; and people wonder why things don't change
Nothing to see here.....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

One assumes they all "bottled it" over the mess of the first 4 months of this year as well?
Big Jock Knew
TDSS
Steady Sixties

Post by TDSS »

Ginge wrote:One assumes they all "bottled it" over the mess of the first 4 months of this year as well?
They were in a meeting with the board, they had an opportunity to challenge them, it appears they did not. Saying they "bottled it" may be harsh but it seems it's applicable in this case
Nothing to see here.....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Williams apologised to the meeting saying he wasn't representing the BDO when he went on his UK Tour"
Big Jock Knew
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Ginge wrote:"Williams apologised to the meeting saying he wasn't representing the BDO when he went on his UK Tour"
The UK tour seems to have been a total success for him ....no challenge to the board !!

No doubt all of the delegates sympathised with him and Sue. As all posters on forumland nowadays seem to be deemed as the devil incarnate.

I would suggest that the demographics of the delegates suggest they would allways have backed them.

No doubt in the Bdo HQ this morning they must be thinking job well done and a victory over the tinternet bad boys !!!!
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wonder if he bought the petrol himself or claimed that on the expenses, in which case he was representing the BDO :)
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Told you nothing would happen.