Pdc players being ripped of with drink prices or not?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
el_ringo
County Player

Re: Pdc players being ripped of with drink prices or not?

Post by el_ringo »

Out of interest

How much is a pint in the 'VIP' section at Lakeside ?

and the cost of a pint to a player at the holiday camp opens ?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

el_ringo wrote:Out of interest

How much is a pint in the 'VIP' section at Lakeside ?

and the cost of a pint to a player at the holiday camp opens ?
Minehead was nearly £4
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

What are there around 30ish floor events a Tour card holder can enter ?

So even if it's £1.50 charged over the odds EVERYWHERE that's a cost of about £450 over a whole year if this amount is an issue to you being able to play In any sport at professional level then you are simply not good enough to win enough money for it not to matter so you shouldn't be chasing a hopeless dream.

Of course if you come from the London area I am sure anything under £5 a pint would be regarded as cheap and £3 a pint a steal so its all swings and roundabouts.

I know this has been discussed many times at length but if you are truly good enough to play darts at professional level it is much easier to achieve a break even point financially within the PDC system than the BDO one so the cost of a few pints isn't really going to affect a proper professional darts player.
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

The ordinary darts fans definitely are being ripped off but that's their own probs for going

as they know its a rip off before venturing out to such venues ..Its a dog eat dog World we live in today

and you have to be aware of such sadly , and if you don't like paying over the top prices then its best not to go
to feed the millionaires in the game with such prices ..
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Alcohol is performance enhancing, so £4 pints are a small price to pay to be able to perform at the top of your game.
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

TheSandman wrote:Alcohol is performance enhancing, so £4 pints are a small price to pay to be able to perform at the top of your game.
A don't drink pints and norm in England a pint is touch cheaper then in Scotland

spirits are cheaper in Scotland than anywhere else in UK ..
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

This explains why Lewis eats so many pies.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Agent 86 wrote:This explains why Lewis eats so many pies.

Ye he looks like a fat pie-eating zorb :P
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

It is £4 a pint and 60p for a dash!!!!!!!!!!! Some places charge up to £1 for a dash of b/c or lime. rip off. It was worse 1st time in cov, that windy room upstairs, £4 a pint then, a few years ago.
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Grubby wrote:It is £4 a pint and 60p for a dash!!!!!!!!!!! Some places charge up to £1 for a dash of b/c or lime. rip off. It was worse 1st time in cov, that windy room upstairs, £4 a pint then, a few years ago.
Always wondered why people pay for a "dash", those new Robinson Concentrate Squash are tiny and fit anywhere. They also hold enough for a shot of Vodka ;-)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Grubby wrote:It is £4 a pint and 60p for a dash!!!!!!!!!!! Some places charge up to £1 for a dash of b/c or lime. rip off. It was worse 1st time in cov, that windy room upstairs, £4 a pint then, a few years ago.
Didn't the heating fail and the PDC dropped it for a while?
I do think they need a midlands base, the Jag club in Solihull would be perfect.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

In answer to the question, no more than anyone else! Mind you, living in London might influence my views, although £5 a pint is not the norm, unless you're drinking over advertised fizzy piss :)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Addicks Fan wrote:In answer to the question, no more than anyone else! Mind you, living in London might influence my views, although £5 a pint is not the norm, unless you're drinking over advertised fizzy piss :)
It's all relative, i remember paying €6 for a guinness in Dublin 6 years ago (a € was = to a £ at the time), a guinness in Brum was around £2.50 then.
BTW if anyone says you only get proper guinness in Ireland or it tastes better etc. it's bullshit, it's the same all around the world.

Madsocks
rabsmith2
Superleague Player

Post by rabsmith2 »

ifm wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:In answer to the question, no more than anyone else! Mind you, living in London might influence my views, although £5 a pint is not the norm, unless you're drinking over advertised fizzy piss :)
It's all relative, i remember paying €6 for a guinness in Dublin 6 years ago (a € was = to a £ at the time), a guinness in Brum was around £2.50 then.
BTW if anyone says you only get proper guinness in Ireland or it tastes better etc. it's bullshit, it's the same all around the world.
€5.35 last year for a pint in the Citywest,obviously your not a Guinness drinker (well i hope your not). I have drunk many a pint outside the emerald isle and I can say with my wee hand on my heart they were jiving,the only place you will find a real pint of Guinness ,is in Ireland.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

rabsmith2 wrote:
ifm wrote:
€5.35 last year for a pint in the Citywest,obviously your not a Guinness drinker (well i hope your not). I have drunk many a pint outside the emerald isle and I can say with my wee hand on my heart they were jiving,the only place you will find a real pint of Guinness ,is in Ireland.
Had a couple of Guinness in east London last week at under £4 a pint, which must count as a bargain! And its all about the throughput in the bar and the pipes, which is why it might still taste better in Ireland. All Draught Guinness in uk is the same as Ireland when it comes out of the brewery.
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

ifm wrote:
I can only speak for Scotland and N Ireland as its only two countries ive tasted Guinness

and the Guinness in Scotland was far the better , although norm don't drink pints as who wants a big fat beer gut
or guinness gut fir that matter :grin:
Von Bully
Brass Darts

Post by Von Bully »

Technically you cannot charge for a dash, unless its given in a separate glass, as you do not get the pint you paid for therefore breaking the weights and measures act.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Von Bully wrote:
Technically you cannot charge for a dash, unless its given in a separate glass, as you do not get the pint you paid for therefore breaking the weights and measures act.
Even if true, I can guarantee that this has been enforced by the UK authorities exactly zero times.

If you don't like being charged 60p for 1p of cordial stop putting the stuff in your big, girly drinks in the first place!
The Icon
Brass Darts

Post by The Icon »

If you don't want to be done for drink driving, stick to big girly drinks.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Hayling Island last weekend was £3.85 for a Pint of San Miguel, which seemed pretty reasonable, although you can easily take your own in

Selsey I believe will be £4.40 for a pint of Grolsch and there is zero chance of bringing your own in