The England Open 17th - 19th JUNE 2016

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: The England Open 17th - 19th JUNE 2016

Post by Dannyboy »

Rout wrote:Not in the slightest, the PDCs UK Open qualifiers most years is a complete shambles for the same reasons. They had 46 entries in the one near me, some waited 3 hours for a game. They had 13 boards in the venue and used 4. Been like that for a few years across the nation.
Scraping the barrel here Routy. These are Rileys regional tournaments (about 25-30 a year?) not run by normal PDC staff, because they've got their own tournaments to run!
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

ifm wrote:Though starting late and ending late is not a difference between the orgs, the PDC wrongly IMO run 2 challenge tours, developments per day not finishing till very late on.
Why not start earlier? 10am start for a CT/DT day?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The lady with the damaged arm still played in the fours last night.....she didn't want to let her team down. The speaker that fell on her was not supplied by the edo....I believe it was supplied by the camp. Yesterday a card system was in place so things went a lot smoother.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The lady with the damaged arm still played in the fours last night.....she didn't want to let her team down. The speaker that fell on her was not supplied by the edo....I believe it was supplied by the camp. Yesterday a card system was in place so things went a lot smoother.
Cheers for that Paddy. hope your having fun :)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Dannyboy wrote:
Rout wrote:Not in the slightest, the PDCs UK Open qualifiers most years is a complete shambles for the same reasons. They had 46 entries in the one near me, some waited 3 hours for a game. They had 13 boards in the venue and used 4. Been like that for a few years across the nation.
Scraping the barrel here Routy. These are Rileys regional tournaments (about 25-30 a year?) not run by normal PDC staff, because they've got their own tournaments to run!
Yeah it's been discussed to death, the PDC did hand over these though (they used to run them) which is very unPDC like.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Dannyboy wrote:
ifm wrote:Though starting late and ending late is not a difference between the orgs, the PDC wrongly IMO run 2 challenge tours, developments per day not finishing till very late on.
Why not start earlier? 10am start for a CT/DT day?
Or one per day!!
I see the logistics of it makes sense for everyone, cheaper for players and PDC alike but it's not very good from an actual playing side, maybe it's just because i tend to run deep in the second comp of the day which means you get there around 9am, knocked out by half 11, wait around till about 2-3pm then play on and off until 7-8pm, long ass day.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I've been roped into the pairs now ....... I feel sorry for my partner he would have a better chance playing with my cat.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I see a few pdc players trying their hands in the pairs......let's see how they get on against the amateurs....
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Paddy McGinty wrote:I see a few pdc players trying their hands in the pairs......let's see how they get on against the amateurs....
I didn't know you were a PDC player Paddy ;-)
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: The England Open 17th - 19th JUNE 2016

Post by Rout »

Dannyboy wrote:
Funny because those running the tournaments said they were under strict orders from the pdc to only use 4 boards.

But the comps are nothing to do with them .......
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
TDSS
Steady Sixties

Re: RE: Re: The England Open 17th - 19th JUNE 2016

Post by TDSS »

Rout wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
Funny because those running the tournaments said they were under strict orders from the pdc to only use 4 boards.

But the comps are nothing to do with them .......
Oddly enough that never came up in any of the Rileys qualifiers I went to; 6/7 boards were frequently used, the only one that wasn't was the one on the end so people could get past without disturbing the players
Nothing to see here.....
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paul putting his hands up on FB and acknowledging mistakes were made, that the EDO got it wrong this time. Also, more importantly, looking at how the EDO can learn from these mistakes.

But also it seems some players attitude isn't helpful.

anyway, surely some folks enjoyed the event?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Yes it was excellent...
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
ifm wrote:McGeeney missed the entry cutoff for seeding so was unseeded which is just stupid, loads of people across my fb are moaning, mostly the tannoy being too loud (people in bed can still hear it) and waits up to 5-6 hours for their first game which tells me they started from the top again after the prelims (a rookie mistake).
A few players walked out and apparently Fitton gave up half way through his match.
It was always a stupid idea playing the National Singles on a Friday, the majority of entrants come from county playoffs and they (cynically in my opinion) play the finals on the Sunday to get people to book for the weekend.
Is this the biggest difference between the two orgs.
Not in the slightest, the PDCs UK Open qualifiers most years is a complete shambles for the same reasons. They had 46 entries in the one near me, some waited 3 hours for a game. They had 13 boards in the venue and used 4. Been like that for a few years across the nation.

Plenty of examples in the past of them running tournies well later than planned and with moderate numbers.

The leisure centre gigs are of course well run, but lets bear in mind what they have available in comparison as they run as a business rather than a sport.
The pdc don't run the uk open Riley's qualifiers the local manager does.

The pdc run the GSOD and uk open qualys with big fields perfectly well compared to this shambles
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ladies National Singles Semi Finals
Deta Hedman v Fallon Sherrock
Lorraine Winstanley v Lisa Ashton

Mens National Singles Semi Final
Paul Harvey v Gary Robson
Scott Mitchell v Dennis Harbour

Ladies England Open Semi Final
Deta Hedman v Anastasia Dobromyslova
Aileen de Graaf v Trina Gulliver

Mens Open Semi Final
Glen Durrant v Wayne Warren
Scott Mitchell v Conan Whitehead

Ladies Pairs Final
Deta Hedman & Rachel Brooks v Lorraine Winstanley & Anastasia Dobromyslova

Mens Pairs Final

Girls Youth Final
Amy Collins v Beau Greaves

Boys Youth Final
Alex Gurr v Adam Howard

Ladies National Singles Final

Mens National Singles Final

Ladies England Open Singles Final

Mens England Open Singles Final
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Col wrote:
Rout wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
ifm wrote:McGeeney missed the entry cutoff for seeding so was unseeded which is just stupid, loads of people across my fb are moaning, mostly the tannoy being too loud (people in bed can still hear it) and waits up to 5-6 hours for their first game which tells me they started from the top again after the prelims (a rookie mistake).
A few players walked out and apparently Fitton gave up half way through his match.
It was always a stupid idea playing the National Singles on a Friday, the majority of entrants come from county playoffs and they (cynically in my opinion) play the finals on the Sunday to get people to book for the weekend.
Is this the biggest difference between the two orgs.
Not in the slightest, the PDCs UK Open qualifiers most years is a complete shambles for the same reasons. They had 46 entries in the one near me, some waited 3 hours for a game. They had 13 boards in the venue and used 4. Been like that for a few years across the nation.

Plenty of examples in the past of them running tournies well later than planned and with moderate numbers.

The leisure centre gigs are of course well run, but lets bear in mind what they have available in comparison as they run as a business rather than a sport.
The pdc don't run the uk open Riley's qualifiers the local manager does.

The pdc run the GSOD and uk open qualys with big fields perfectly well compared to this shambles
When I was mocking the Chorlton qualifier for letting a comp with 46 people in run the length it did and make people wait the time they had to, when there was 13 boards available in the venue to use, I was told on here that the PDC had instructed only 4 boards to be used and a mate of mine who played in it was told the same on the day.

Who do I believe, col?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Four boards for forty three people should be more than enough. Local managers don't have a clue how to run the comps. I played the one in Newport a couple of years ago and it was a shambles.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

But if the pdc instructed only 4 boards to be used as I was told when they were happening. Then is it the managers fault?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ladies National Singles Semi Finals
[78.87] Deta Hedman 5-4 Fallon Sherrock [80.91]
Lorraine Winstanley v Lisa Ashton

Mens National Singles Semi Final
Paul Harvey v Gary Robson
Scott Mitchell v Dennis Harbour

Ladies England Open Semi Final
Deta Hedman v Anastasia Dobromyslova
Aileen de Graaf v Trina Gulliver

Mens Open Semi Final
Glen Durrant v Wayne Warren
Scott Mitchell v Conan Whitehead

Ladies Pairs Final
Deta Hedman & Rachel Brooks v Lorraine Winstanley & Anastasia Dobromyslova

Mens Pairs Final

Girls Youth Final
Amy Collins v Beau Greaves

Boys Youth Final
Alex Gurr v Adam Howard

Ladies National Singles Final
Deta Hedman v

Mens National Singles Final

Ladies England Open Singles Final

Mens England Open Singles Final
Last edited by ChrisW on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.