The BDO AGM - 7th August

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Re: The BDO AGM - 7th August

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

So lets get this straight, they were unanimously voted in and no complaints seem to have been made against the organisation.
So does that mean that no BDO "Top Player" can now never moan about last minute venue changes/prize money, loss of earnings and travel bookings, general organisation of competitions and how there treated by officials?
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:So lets get this straight, they were unanimously voted in and no complaints seem to have been made against the organisation.
So does that mean that no BDO "Top Player" can now never moan about last minute venue changes/prize money, loss of earnings and travel bookings, general organisation of competitions and how there treated by officials?
If the players don't like it they know what they can do. The vast majority of them have already done it.
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

Rout wrote:I remember during the third dynasty when imhotep designed the pyramid of djoser.

Like it happened yesterday.
I'll never forget the look on Rod Harrington's face when Dusty Bin Phillips beat Lager Lewis in the Grand Slam.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:So lets get this straight, they were unanimously voted in and no complaints seem to have been made against the organisation.
You do kind of get the feeling that they deserve what they get so in my humble opinion they cannot complain about anything because they (through their counties) are apathetic about doing anything to change it.

The bdo board have been given carte blanche to do anything they like.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote:
You do kind of get the feeling that they deserve what they get so in my humble opinion they cannot complain about anything because they (through their counties) are apathetic about doing anything to change it.

Including visiting you :D

I bet no questions were asked about Wayne's "surprise visits" to website admin.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

I bet no questions were asked about a Cheshire marker visiting EDITED BY ADMIN
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

dartsfacts wrote:The vast majority of them have already done it.
Do you read what you type before hitting submit?

The "vast majority" of darts players, play in the PDC. That is what you are telling us here, right?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Rout wrote:

The "vast majority" of darts players, play in the PDC. That is what you are telling us here, right?
You and I both know he was on about the "pros"

and to be fair the comments on the last page are right, the players and counties have made their bed and now they have to lie in it. If it goes tits up and the idiots fall for the same speil in January about 2017 being the year of new events and big deals (already seen it on BDOF) then they deserve everything they get.

I do think all of this shows how fucked up the current BDO structure is. You have a top table desperate to compete with Bazza despite failing at almost every hurdle being voted in by a set of individuals that I doubt would care one bit if the BDO went under as long as the BICC keeps running and then they vote in rules that stack the odds in the top tables favor. Something needs to change, either give up on the pipe dream or get some people in with some interest in how to succeed professionally.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Rout wrote:

NO, do you read before diving in, the quote was "BDO top players" that I was referring to, the vast majority of top BDO players have left and joined the PDC.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

TimmyB wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

I bet no questions were asked about a Cheshire marker visiting EDITED BY ADMIN
For Routs benefit, And I don'tt mean his dole money.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

How long is a BDO top player a BDO top player?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Rout wrote:How long is a BDO top player a BDO top player?
While ever he plays to a high standard within the BDO system.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Begorah!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Not many left though is there?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:

If it's not broke don't fix it........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

The interesting bit is where a new member can be introduced onto the board in a year(if i recall?) Which to me means, if that person can calm down and try to deflect away from board incompetence then they will be elected onto the board by Sue and Wayne. Hmmmmmmm ;-)
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: The BDO AGM - 7th August

Post by Rout »

dartsfacts wrote:Not many left though is there?
Your definition of a top player and mine will differ.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Re: RE: Re: The BDO AGM - 7th August

Post by dartsfacts »

Rout wrote:
Your definition of a top player and mine will differ.
Well there's a lot less in the BDO than the PDC whichever way you want to spin it.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Dennis Harbour is a top bdo player :DDD:

expect rout post #4575 of "pdc are_cunts" to follow
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Wonder when the Top BDO players, Harbour, Dawson and Widmayer will make the switch? :DDD: