The BDO AGM - 7th August

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Re: The BDO AGM - 7th August

Post by mshaw2 »

Bag Carrier wrote:Channel 4 and More 4 I have heard. And apparently it's confirmed 100%
Well let's all hope that they don't read BDOF, apparently. I mean, sponsors will be ready to pull the plug if they read a Facebook page...
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Bag Carrier wrote:Channel 4 and More 4 I have heard. And apparently it's confirmed 100%
So why not simply make a formal announcement. And why have the TV company also not announced anything.

After all the bullshit the board has fed to the counties and the fans for the last couple of years I remain very cynical, you're as cynical as most, Spud but you seem to be accepting this just because Sue says so,

If it does prove to be TV deal with C4 then this is definitely a positive step forward and I think they'd do a great job.

Why the bloody secrecy and cloak and dagger stuff about TV deals again. If it's in place, announce it!!!!

In fairness there was a rumour back in April (I think) that C4 expressed an interest, but only after the BBC dropped Lakeside, certainly no bidding war :D :D
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

mshaw2 wrote:
Well let's all hope that they don't read BDOF, apparently. I mean, sponsors will be ready to pull the plug if they read a Facebook page...
Aye because things posted on Facebook have never had any reaction in real life, ever
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Why the bloody secrecy and cloak and dagger stuff about TV deals again. If it's in place, announce it!!!!
Its August. The event is in January.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Got to be careful what say now with Social media police looking on .
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:Why the bloody secrecy and cloak and dagger stuff about TV deals again. If it's in place, announce it!!!!
So what? If it's a done deal. Sky announce their football deals years before they start and even more until they expire. They shout it from the rooftops as does the FA.

WHat has he time of year got to do with anything?

Convenient this suddenly appeared at the AGM after Wayne's jaunts around the country and all the bollocks with the #NewEra and De:Luxe
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

So let's get this right.

lakeside goes from BBC to ch.4: and that's progress.

The WDT and the Masters now move to Lakeside: and that's progress.

bdo giving some kind of grief to the edo forgotten.

vic sexton quiting is ignored.

cancelled events not to mentioned.

All good stuff: no wonder sue and Wayne got voted in with a massive vote : the majority believe they have done a great job!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

devosteve wrote:So let's get this right.

All good stuff: no wonder sue and Wayne got voted in with a massive vote : the majority believe they have done a great job!
lol it is addition by subtraction. The new math if your one of the faithful it always will come out in your favor.

It really doesn't matter what you say the faithful are going to look at it all thru the maroon tinted glasses and see it all coming up roses. For the love of God the overwhelming majority put these retards back on the board after a 8 months of disaster, cock up, and failure. That is really all you need to know.

Another question is where is the WDF in all this don't they own the rights to the Masters and the World Champs? And here they sit letting the BDO shit all over the premium products. You have to call stupid stupid and it has nothing to do with code it has to do with just well stupid.

I have followed alot of sports over the years at the amateur levels, participated in some along the way. I have to say I have never seen a governing body and a sanctioning body screw up so badly, so frequently, and still get the support these morons on the BDO board get.
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

to keep lakeside on terrestrial tv is good for the BDO and the WDT have increased prize and getting it on dave they did good job for the last min but i dont think having all tv events at lakeside is a good move the other 2 need different venues next year and they need to have the tickets on sale few months before so got time to sell them
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
mshaw2 wrote:
Aye because things posted on Facebook have never had any reaction in real life, ever
''if any potential sponsors or companies saw what the officials are like on bdof today they wouldn't every use the bdo again''
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

cannibal wrote:

I have followed alot of sports over the years at the amateur levels, participated in some along the way. I have to say I have never seen a governing body and a sanctioning body screw up so badly, so frequently, and still get the support these morons on the BDO board get.

If the BDO is as bad as people say it is on here, the standard of darts is as poor as most of the members on here would have you believe, the quality of viewing as "car crash" as comments suggest etc. . . then you could say to have absolutely anything on TV at all is a collossal achievement by the current BDO board. To the point where they should even get knighted in the new years honours list.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Above point proved, thanks for playing and come again.
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I think the current board are useless. Totally antiquated and need to be replaced.

I just don't feel the need to criticise them for things that don't warrant criticism. All that does is take away from the things that matter.

Such as not getting too angry about the lack of announcement of a TV deal 5 months before a competition, for example.

Any my point remains. There's people on here who are intensely critical of the product the BDO have to work with. Then they criticise the board for not getting this god awful product on TV more than 3 times a year or struggling to find strong financial backing for this dreadful show etc. . Its baffling to read at times.

"THIS IS THE WORST DARTS I HAVE EVER SEEN!"

"WHY IS THIS NOT ON TV MORE!!"
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Rout wrote:I think the current board are useless. Totally antiquated and need to be replaced.

I just don't feel the need to criticise them for things that don't warrant criticism. All that does is take away from the things that matter.

Such as not getting too angry about the lack of announcement of a TV deal 5 months before a competition, for example.

Any my point remains. There's people on here who are intensely critical of the product the BDO have to work with. Then they criticise the board for not getting this god awful product on TV more than 3 times a year or struggling to find strong financial backing for this dreadful show etc. . Its baffling to read at times.

The main issue regards these "rumours" is that the board have over the last 12 months released these comments often before or around meetings where their running of the BDO would be questioned. More often than not these positive comments have not come to fruition even though they were dead cents.

They did do well in sorting out the WDT but I can't help but think that lakeside pulled them out of a sticky hole. Would seem they are doing the same for the masters and I'd expect to see Dave cover it. If they don't then ......

If C4 is a goer the BDO isn't helped if all but a handful of sessions end up on more4.

Then while the BDO are scratching around trying to maintain what they have the PDC no doubt looking how to advance the pro game and undoubtedly attracting more youngsters and top players to its ranks. This will only increase the long term struggles. Though short term it does help the older more marketable players stay in the big tournaments
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

Rout wrote:
It's a long way off ask Ross
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: The BDO AGM - 7th August

Post by Deleted User »

masticman wrote:
Rout wrote:
It's a long way off ask Ross
#Loyalty
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Rout wrote:I think the current board are useless. Totally antiquated and need to be replaced.

The main issue regards these "rumours" is that the board have over the last 12 months released these comments often before or around meetings where their running of the BDO would be questioned. More often than not these positive comments have not come to fruition even though they were dead cents.

They did do well in sorting out the WDT but I can't help but think that lakeside pulled them out of a sticky hole. Would seem they are doing the same for the masters and I'd expect to see Dave cover it. If they don't then ......

If C4 is a goer the BDO isn't helped if all but a handful of sessions end up on more4.

Then while the BDO are scratching around trying to maintain what they have the PDC no doubt looking how to advance the pro game and undoubtedly attracting more youngsters and top players to its ranks. This will only increase the long term struggles. Though short term it does help the older more marketable players stay in the big tournaments
You have highlighted exactly my point. The C4 thing is a perfect example of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

From what I have read on here and elsewhere, the C4 thing hasn't actually come from anything official at the top.

- If they had announced it at the AGM, those on here would be saying "typical, making announcements at this time to try and fool top players to stay"

- They didn't announce it and now its criticism that it hasn't been announced. When all it is at the moment is rumours.

This is why I said a couple of days ago they need to be more accepting of the situation at the "top" and focus more time and effort on the rest.

The players have a choice. Spend big to try and win big with Barrys bucks. Or take the grounded route first. The players that aware of this choice, can't be fooled or swayed. The ones that aren't, are too stupid to bother about anyway.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Butlins.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Lakeside is now officially listed as the Masters location on the BDO's tournament calendar.