The BDO AGM - 7th August

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

The BDO AGM - 7th August

Post by Ginge »

Well, its the AGM on Sunday, not too sure what time at.

Will the board dodge the difficult questions by cancelling the AOB section of the meeting again, or will they make some announcement about Lakeside and/or Masters coverage (and venue) in a huge bid to deflect?

Or will they do both?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Re: The BDO AGM - 7th August

Post by Deleted User »

#NewEra
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Ginge wrote:Well, its the AGM on Sunday, not too sure what time at.

Will the board dodge the difficult questions by cancelling the AOB section of the meeting again, or will they make some announcement about Lakeside and/or Masters coverage (and venue) in a huge bid to deflect?

Or will they do both?
Nothing will happen until some like minded individuals garner enough support among the counties to raise a challenge to the board. Problem is no one gives a shit apart from the EDO board and 20 members of the travel club. It's unbelievable that Sue the hatchet wound has the brass neck to even show up, she should have resigned months ago along with the old age psycho.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

They should look at having 3 or 4 at the most TV tournies a year. Imo, the Lakeside, Masters and WDT all being secure and televised would be a decent achievement and they shouldn't feel the need to break their necks trying to better that.

Restructure the tour to simplify it - streamline it in terms of qualifiers for majors.

The commercial side is costing the side they need to concentrate more on. Stop trying to compete with Barrys bucks.

Their selling point should be affordability. I see more and more moves away from this, probably to try and keep pace with Barrys bucks and it bothers me. Its this that keeps getting them in trouble with dodgy morons and without it big players have no reason to stay.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote:They should look at having 3 or 4 at the most TV tournies a year. Imo, the Lakeside, Masters and WDT all being secure and televised would be a decent achievement and they shouldn't feel the need to break their necks trying to better that.

Restructure the tour to simplify it - streamline it in terms of qualifiers for majors.

The commercial side is costing the side they need to concentrate more on. Stop trying to compete with Barrys bucks.

Their selling point should be affordability. I see more and more moves away from this, probably to try and keep pace with Barrys bucks and it bothers me. Its this that keeps getting them in trouble with dodgy morons and without it big players have no reason to stay.
^^^^
100% this.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Rout wrote:They should look at having 3 or 4 at the most TV tournies a year. Imo, the Lakeside, Masters and WDT all being secure and televised would be a decent achievement and they shouldn't feel the need to break their necks trying to better that.

What has happened to the old Rout that used to purposefully wind people up? I agree with you again!!
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Any TSOD spies attending this?
T14T11
Pub Champion

Post by T14T11 »

Spot on. And more coherent (and less autistic) than ginge's '78838 questions that should be asked of the BDO Board' thread.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

^^^^
100% this.
Have they not been looking at having 3 or 4 tournaments a year televised before?

That's progress?
T14T11
Pub Champion

Post by T14T11 »

They need a markers' scheme.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paul James attending and according to face book looking at having a decent debate ( without causing trouble for troubles sake).

Imo: they will release news about masters and lakeside being televised and thus a deflection. No way will the board resign.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

^^^^
100% this.
The lad's got it spot on
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

T14T11 wrote:They need a markers' scheme.
They need rules at least, instead of calling the last person drawn on a board to mark the first game, at Blackpool last weekend they were asking for volunteers instead. Calling several times for markers on board X or Y.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

spaceman70 wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

^^^^
100% this.
Have they not been looking at having 3 or 4 tournaments a year televised before?

That's progress?
Unfortunately the present incumbents have proved themselves to be unable to take any strides forward so consolidation and structure rebuilding has to be the name of the game. If they had a Barry hearn type guru then go for it but they don't and anyone who's anyone would quite rightly (at the moment) stay away from the bdo.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

I wonder if anyone would notice if the lakeside 'world' championship disappeared from the tournament diary without any mention or explanation.
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

It is likely the increased prize money for Lakeside will be announced at this AGM. Along with other positive steps the BDO is taking nowadays for the benefit of the sport.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

devosteve wrote:Paul James attending and according to face book looking at having a decent debate ( without causing trouble for troubles sake).

Imo: they will release news about masters and lakeside being televised and thus a deflection. No way will the board resign.
That was meant not to end up as a name calling exercise, ask questions doesn't have to be causing trouble . There is a lot to discuss but that doesn't have to end up a shouting match.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Nothing will get announced, announcing things just leaves them open to having to explain themselves for everything else.

It will be as vague as possible

"we cant talk about any potential TV deals or major tournaments because we are in negotiations at the minute but we can tell you great news is on the way"

Que the usual idiots getting straight on here and BDOF that the BDO has been saved and long live the Williams.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

its usually on a friday night the "announcements of announcements " take place so expect a load of horseshit this friday leading up to the AGM where the counties who moaned will do nothing.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

i agree i think they need get tv deals venues sorted for those 3 tv events they tried to much this year which they could not pull it off there main thing they Need is get lakeside on tv and world masters to happen and on tv to and people will want answers at this AGM the next year dont promise all theses new events witch wont happen make sure the big 3 events all have venues and TV and try and just add 1 new event and build from there

i think the players champ idea was a good idea and format for a tv event with 24 mens 12 woamns but don't have wildcards made it clear top 20 mens 4 qualifiers and womans top 10 2 qualifiers and if the tv events do happens next year or this year with world masters do split session dont play all matches in 1 long session like WDT i think it better like round 1 of the masters play 8 matches 12. 5 then next session of 8 games 6 30 11 30 instead of all in one go make more appealing for tv