Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2017 Premier League Darts

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
ifm wrote: You say it's not broken but viewing figures are dropping, all I'm saying is freshen it up a little.

You may find that sky viewing figures for its premium products will now spike as one of the major reasons for sky bleeding customers has taken a massive hit this past month.
Yeah tell me about it. I just hope they keep it restricted to sky channels
What's this about?
There's dodgy sky boxes that you plug you satellite dish into like a standard sky box and it uses the Internet to unscramble the channels. Usually come at a one off cost of about a ton or so and then a yearly subscription to who you got it from.

Sky have recently figured out a way to black channels out.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Re: 2017 Premier League Darts

Post by BOOM »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:I have cancelled my sky sports and already had three begging emails for me to come back. Price is getting lower each time.
I always cancelled over the phone and they then pass you over to "The Closer" and they fall over backwards to get you to renew. I ended up with all the movie and sport chanels with Superfast Broadband for 20 quid a month. Just research the other companies "key offers" and use them to your advantage, because thats all they have to go on for a pricing structure.
Beware though, your line rental usually increases after 3 months due to "a price rise in delivery costs"
£20 a month for all the TV channels and superfast broadband on Sky? Sounds a bit fanciful to me
devosteve
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2017 Premier League Darts

Post by devosteve »

Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
ifm wrote: You say it's not broken but viewing figures are dropping, all I'm saying is freshen it up a little.

You may find that sky viewing figures for its premium products will now spike as one of the major reasons for sky bleeding customers has taken a massive hit this past month.
What's this about?
There's dodgy sky boxes that you plug you satellite dish into like a standard sky box and it uses the Internet to unscramble the channels. Usually come at a one off cost of about a ton or so and then a yearly subscription to who you got it from.

glad about that. Hope all these other products can somehow be 'neutralised '. Why should sky invest money into filming and broadcasting sport so someone else makes money on it? If everyone did it the sky model would collapse. Watching sky sports is not a right.

Hope the law changes soon to stop all these folks selling products to get sky for free.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2017 Premier League Darts

Post by Rout »

devosteve wrote:
Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

What's this about?

If everyone did it the sky model would collapse
Vastly overpriced product which is driving the cost of following sport upwards and upwards, not just to watch on tv but in ticket sales etc too. Making it unaffordable to many. So that a multi billionaire can make more money.

What a disaster that would be.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Same principle would be forging tickets to get into events for free.

Can't afford a cd: then pirate it.who cares if the band loses out. Blondie have a new cd out. I will wait for price to drop in hmv, or not buy it.

It's called stealing, isn't it?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Blondie :D I know they are still releasing albums still but bloody hell Devo :D
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:Blondie :D I know they are still releasing albums still but bloody hell Devo :D
3 original members in the band. Though Parallel Lines will never be beaten.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

BOOM wrote: £20 a month for all the TV channels and superfast broadband on Sky? Sounds a bit fanciful to me
As long as you do your research on the current offers from the other providers you can bat them down to nearly nothing. The phone people are paid to keep customers and they don't need to show a profit or loss, just a subscriber.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
BOOM wrote: £20 a month for all the TV channels and superfast broadband on Sky? Sounds a bit fanciful to me
As long as you do your research on the current offers from the other providers you can bat them down to nearly nothing. The phone people are paid to keep customers and they don't need to show a profit or loss, just a subscriber.
Vodafone used to call theirs the customer retention team and BT had the disconnections team, their jobs were to keep customers so offer discounts and freebies.
Every year i would do it with vodafone until they finally called my bluff :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

ifm wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Vodafone used to call theirs the customer retention team and BT had the disconnections team, their jobs were to keep customers so offer discounts and freebies.
Every year i would do it with vodafone until they finally called my bluff :grin:
Cheers.
Customer Retention was the words I was looking for.(sorry phone people)
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Premier League Darts

Post by Rout »

devosteve wrote:Same principle would be forging tickets to get into events for free.

Can't afford a cd: then pirate it.who cares if the band loses out. Blondie have a new cd out. I will wait for price to drop in hmv, or not buy it.

Well no. It's not the same. Because if tons of people forged tickets to get in an event for free then people would end up hurt or dead.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

devosteve wrote:Same principle would be forging tickets to get into events for free.

Imagine turning up at the WDT with forged tickets ;-)
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

BlueSpark wrote:Food menu £9 a burger :omg:
IMG_0033.JPG
Hope you went for it? That's an absolute steal if it comes with chips & salad!
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It comes with a free cup of piss if you are in the stands. Or a waterproof poncho if you are at the tables
Last edited by Rout on Fri May 19, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa wrote:.
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:I was just wondering whether every finish has been taken out in the premier league in a single year i.e 2-170?
Would be pretty certain the answer is no, but seen something very similar on Twitter with data for this. It was for MVG and Snakebite collectively on tour this year.

Will find and post.
Found it.
Attachments
IMG_20170519_223806.jpg
IMG_20170519_223806.jpg (83.25 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Cheers SSJSA, i take it thats for those 2 players? I'll have a look for the rest a bit later.
Good old pencil and paper, its far easier for me.