BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Something about Madsocks.
The guy is a visionary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:Or women despite what the fanboys claim, the bdo is darts for all the pdc is better but still a bit behind, no youth, an obsession with the top 8 or so and nothing for the ladies unless they play in the men's tour which we all know is pointless.

There is no reason whatsoever in having ladies separate from the men, we've been through this
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:Or women despite what the fanboys claim, the bdo is darts for all the pdc is better but still a bit behind, no youth, an obsession with the top 8 or so and nothing for the ladies unless they play in the men's tour which we all know is pointless.

There is no reason whatsoever in having ladies separate from the men, we've been through this
Well done on your decision but answer me a question, do you think all the women currently playing bdo would fork out £100 to play in the pdc?

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Well done on your decision but answer me a question, do you think all the women currently playing bdo would fork out £100 to play in the pdc?

If a women doesn't think she is good enough then no

If she's good enough for challenge tour they go there

If not they do what every single person in the world that isn't good enough does.

A ladies tour is an admission of "we arnt good enough but we want the same rights and tournaments and money"
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Be careful with that argument, you'll have that desperate mutant Davcol calling you a sexist.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

If a women doesn't think she is good enough then no

If she's good enough for challenge tour they go there

If not they do what every single person in the world that isn't good enough does.

A ladies tour is an admission of "we arnt good enough but we want the same rights and tournaments and money"
So in order to cater for the majority of women you need a women's tour, thanks.

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

There's no reason at all to have separate tournaments for people who are twenty odd years old.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The women would win nowhere near as much money as they do now, if combined with the men on a single tour.
Wouldn't be on telly as much either.
I find most women's games of a poor standard, some of them are decent, when the usual suspects are on.
Probably best they are left to have their own little tournaments.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Rout wrote:There's no reason at all to have separate tournaments for people who are twenty odd years old.
To teach them to win.

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:The women would win nowhere near as much money as they do now, if combined with the men on a single tour.
I find most women's games of a poor standard, some of them are decent, when the usual suspects are on.
They wouldn't play so there is no viable place for them to play in the pdc, being able to play is not enough as women cannot compete with men at darts, yes a couple can win a few quid every once in a while but they are not consistent enough to make decent money.

Madsocks
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:The women would win nowhere near as much money as they do now, if combined with the men on a single tour.
They wouldn't play so there is no viable place for them to play in the pdc, being able to play is not enough as women cannot compete with men at darts, yes a couple can win a few quid every once in a while but they are not consistent enough to make decent money.

Perhaps then, the LDO could do something in terms of promoting their players and events and get a standalone event on TV/streamed.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by ifm »

markymark wrote:
ifm wrote:

Perhaps then, the LDO could do something in terms of promoting their players and events and get a standalone event on TV/streamed.
Not much said about them these days, something unsavoury happened I believe that led to the top players resigning or lapsing their membership.

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
markymark wrote:
ifm wrote:

Not much said about them these days, something unsavoury happened I believe that led to the top players resigning or lapsing their membership.

Really?
I thought they put on loads of events.
And the top players played in them.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:
markymark wrote:
ifm wrote:

Really?
I thought they put on loads of events.
And the top players played in them.
Pauly may reveal all, he was involved at the beginning with Deta but left soon after.

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ifm wrote:
Rout wrote:There's no reason at all to have separate tournaments for people who are twenty odd years old.
To teach them to win.

Exactly.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

So some top players won't be going to this?
Could win a grand.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (88.75 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wayne is going to get a proper slapping from Des Jacklin if he carries on stirring the pot :D

Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont ... elease.pdf

Announcement – Ranking Points for Special Events

This announcement is being provided to inform all interested parties of the impact of the decision taken by shareholders of the BDO at the BDO Member County Delegates Meeting held on Sunday 7th May 2017 with regard to the awarding of points for Special Events in the BDO Invitational Rankings System.

The Shareholders requested an explanation as to why the BDO Board of Directors had amended Ranking System Rules without their approval. They were informed that the Board had done so under power granted to them within the rules, permitting the Board to use their own discretion in respect of the content of the rules. The particular rule change in question had created the situation where Special Events were to be exempt from the generally applicable “No Win – No Points” rule.

Discussion took place that made it clear that there were Shareholders who believed the Board had been wrong in invoking the clause granting the use of “discretion” and a formal proposal was made to the effect that the Board receive a directive from the Shareholders to reverse the decision previously taken with regard to the “No Win – No Points” rule in respect of Special Events.

The proposal was carried by a large majority of the Shareholders. As a result, the Board of Directors have accepted the directive and therefore ranking points awarded to players that did not win any game in a Special Event shall now be removed in accordance with the Shareholders directive with immediate effect.

The Special Events affected by the Shareholders’ instruction being the BDO World Trophy 2016, the Winmau World Masters 2016, the Finder Masters 2016 and the BDO Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017.

For each of these events, points will be removed as follows:
BDO World Trophy – all points awarded at Men’s joint 17th place and Women’s joint 9th place.
Winmau World Masters – all points awarded to seeded players losing their first game, applying to both Men and Women.
Finder Masters – all points awarded to players that won no games in the round-robin stage, applying to both Men and Women.
BDO Lakeside World Professional Championships – all points awarded to players that had no win in the event.

Clarification for Play-offs leading to a Place in a Special Event

For those events that have a separate qualifying event to determine a number of the qualifying players for the Special Event the following applies: BDO World Trophy and BDO Lakeside World Professional Championships – wins in a play-off will not be counted as wins in the Special Event as they are not categorised as the same event. [i.e. they are run under a different draw]
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Getting more tit for tat.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Looks like democracy in action to me, the board being hung by its own rules.
Big Jock Knew