BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by Addicks Fan »

Nobody should get ranking points at the Special Events. The only fair way, especially with the exemptions from qualifying for past winners, wild cards etc. Players should earn their places through the opens that have ranking points or the qualifiers (or in the case of the World Masters, one of the other established routes).
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:Nobody should get ranking points at the Special Events. The only fair way, especially with the exemptions from qualifying for past winners, wild cards etc. Players should earn their places through the opens that have ranking points or the qualifiers (or in the case of the World Masters, one of the other established routes).
But then they are only playing for money and not points, and we can't be having that.

The whole system needs reviewing anyway. The fact you get the same number of points for winning the Welsh Open (and six other opens) as you do Lakeside is ridiculous.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:Nobody should get ranking points at the Special Events. The only fair way, especially with the exemptions from qualifying for past winners, wild cards etc. Players should earn their places through the opens that have ranking points or the qualifiers (or in the case of the World Masters, one of the other established routes).
But then they are only playing for money and not points, and we can't be having that.

The whole system needs reviewing anyway. The fact you get the same number of points for winning the Welsh Open (and six other opens) as you do Lakeside is ridiculous.
I partly agree, you should get more for Lakeside because you need to put in a lot of time and effort to get there but IMO it shouldn't be massively weighted like ally pally where the winner is given a 2 year free ride.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO Delegates Meeting (7th May 2017)

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:

I partly agree, you should get more for Lakeside because you need to put in a lot of time and effort to get there but IMO it shouldn't be massively weighted like ally pally where the winner is given a 2 year free ride.
The winner of Lakeside gets a THREE year free ride. Which is far too long, maybe should be two at most.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:

The winner of Lakeside gets a THREE year free ride. Which is far too long, maybe should be two at most.
You know i mean the OOm ranking guarantees entry to every comp for 2 years which in the pdc is probably worth £60k
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:Why paste every post on here?
Let the lazy sods look themselves if the even want to.
Only paste posts that I think will be of interest to the rest of my 'team mates' on here.

prefer this place to fanatics but real fanatics has some good posters/posts.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:

You know i mean the OOm ranking guarantees entry to every comp for 2 years which in the pdc is probably worth £60k
Would be worth more than that. There is however a lot more to keep playing for in the PDC once your at the top. All a Lakeside champ has to wait for is the next one.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Jolly Man wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote: But then they are only playing for money and not points, and we can't be having that.

Would be worth more than that. There is however a lot more to keep playing for in the PDC once your at the top. All a Lakeside champ has to wait for is the next one.
Thats the point, you get a couple of Lakesides but in the pdc you get everything for 2 years because you had one good comp.

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ignore him Devo.

For me our forum is about being a one stop information site, where you can get results, data, information and the latest rumours without having to troll social media and websites. That applies to both codes, and the input we get from the likes of Paul, and those, like Devo and Markymark who keep us updated on the content of the Bdo groups, complements the quality that ACF and others provide on the PDC.

Have to say given that you consistently articulate we are a PDC biased site, why would you object to Devo posting content on the BDO, pasted from BDO Social media forums.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

'One good comp'
Your fucking World Champion for Christ sakes. Of course the system should get you in the majors for a year or two.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:
Ignore him Devo.

For me our forum is about being a one stop information site, where you can get results, data, information and the latest rumours without having to troll social media and websites. That applies to both codes, and the input we get from the likes of Paul, and those, like Devo and Markymark who keep us updated on the content of the Bdo groups, complements the quality that ACF and others provide on the PDC.

Have to say given that you consistently articulate we are a PDC biased site, why would you object to Devo posting content on the BDO, pasted from BDO Social media forums.
Because they do it to take the piss as you know and ignore, there is a huge thread on fanatics where the fanboys just take the piss out of posts on that group.

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:'One good comp'
Your fekkin World Champion for Christ sakes. Of course the system should get you in the majors for a year or two.
Diane going off script there.

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote:
Only paste posts that I think will be of interest to the rest of my 'team mates' on here.

prefer this place to fanatics but real fanatics has some good posters/posts.
Plus most of us have been banned from there
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ignore him Devo.

Because they do it to take the piss as you know and ignore, there is a huge thread on fanatics where the fanboys just take the piss out of posts on that group.
Which fanatics group is that ? real fanatics encourage debate and a variety of opinions .
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

This gets more like a parish council meeting each year where barely a dozen people have any interest.

The "world champion" finds playing darts annoying through the year as it gets in the way of his job and nobody outside of this forum gives a toss anymore.
Its time to call time on this organisation as it couldnt descend deeper into farce if you hired Jeremy Corbyn and Mad Mac to run it.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:Board to announce Front Runner as broadcaster of the WDT (nap)
You wish, apparently some very good news has been announced, prepare to continue seething.
any joy?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:Bump.

Any news from today's meeting?
Still going, i shall get my report presently.
Thanks for the PM, very interesting and if true excellent news
any joy?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

:D
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ifm wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote: I partly agree, you should get more for Lakeside because you need to put in a lot of time and effort to get there but IMO it shouldn't be massively weighted like ally pally where the winner is given a 2 year free ride.
Thats the point, you get a couple of Lakesides but in the pdc you get everything for 2 years because you had one good comp.
But the same thing would be said for the BDO if they had decent events. It would be for a year but if you won Lakeside you would hope the reward of that would qualify you for all the majors for at least the following 12 months. Unfortunately there just isn't the events in place for the BDO lads
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote:It's the old shop Steward in TT used to having to shout at packed meetings lol.
In fairness a lot of sense talked at meeting and we need to be realistic of what we can achieve !
I believe next year will be the most important in our history including the split .
I have a feeling we will face a challenge like never before , the youth tour started we ignored it ! Then we had the challenge tour ! Then along came the excellent JDC tour and of course the £11,000,000 pro tour !
Our mantra was darts for all , in fact Barry now caters for all in the PDC from juniors to seniors fantastic cash rewards .
I believe everything has been put in place for a reason and I fear the reason will become apparent soon .

interesting post from Paul on fanatics on the delegates thread. Wonder if he will elaborate on here?

I remember reading that the bdo were not the official or for darts in this country anymore? Anybody confirm or correct this? Pdc to become the official governing body?

What else is Paul implying?
Barry also brought equality to the game allowing all to play on a level playing field in the same fields (subject to being good enough) playing for the same prize funds.