Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:If you would have told anyone a few years ago that Chris Mason would be commentating on this, you would have been sectioned.

yeah but he has done serious sucking up and arse licking since then
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:If you would have told anyone a few years ago that Chris Mason would be commentating on this, you would have been sectioned.

Well yes, that was the point. Would never have expected it.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Well yes, that was the point. Would never have expected it.
Indeed and as you (someone) said earlier, its the $$$$$ that gets people every time. He even had to stop coming on here (out of embarrassment i'd wager !! :grin: )
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Must be unicorn renewal for TSOD

Nikki has turned into gentle Gazmong
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Must be unicorn renewal for TSOD

Oh come on, don't tell me you didn't laugh at it :D

Are you not worried that a single country outside of the UK and Ireland is showing the event?
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As an aside to the above:

http://www.nu.nl/sport-overig/4368256/v ... teren.html

Now my Dutch isn't any good but I am reliably informed that the article (from a significant Dutch news site) makes repeated references to Barney's title in 2007 being his first and only World title. Maybe that says it all about how the Lakeside is viewed outside the UK these days and why nobody seemingly wants to show it.
Big Jock Knew
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Must be unicorn renewal for TSOD

Oh come on, don't tell me you didn't laugh at it :D

Are you not worried that a single country outside of the UK and Ireland is showing the event?
Didn't even crack a smile. It was shit.

And Oche's right.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:As an aside to the above:

Now my Dutch isn't any good but I am reliably informed that the article (from a significant Dutch news site) makes repeated references to Barney's title in 2007 being his first and only World title. Maybe that says it all about how the Lakeside is viewed outside the UK these days and why nobody seemingly wants to show it.
It clearly says his first title in the PDC after his move from the BDO. I doubt people in Holland have forgotten his first 3 world titles as they were massive on TV. By the way nu.nl is not really a significant news site.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:

It clearly says his first title in the PDC after his move from the BDO. I doubt people in Holland have forgotten his first 3 world titles as they were massive on TV. By the way nu.nl is not really a significant news site.
My apologies, he said it was one of the "bigger" news sites. As for the rest, are you suggesting he has misread it?

Is Lakeside scheduled to be on Dutch TV?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

My apologies, he said it was one of the "bigger" news sites. As for the rest, are you suggesting he has misread it?

I'm suggesting your post is incorrect. The article says first world title in the PDC. Then in the next para explains he stepped over from the BDO.
There is then one more reference to his first world title later in the article. So repeated references..hmmmmmmm.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

I'm suggesting your post is incorrect. The article says first world title in the PDC. Then in the next para explains he stepped over from the BDO.
There is then one more reference to his first world title later in the article. So repeated references..hmmmmmmm.
I am going off a Dutch speaker paraphrasing the article elsewhere. I don't speak or understand a word of the language.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Any Dutch speakers in here able to give us a third and deciding opinion? :D

Mgt wrote:http://www.nu.nl/sport-overig/4368256/v ... teren.html

Interesting article on one of Holland's bigger news sites. It's about Barney having to be more serious about looking after himself and all that jazz. What's funny about it though is it repeatedly mentions his 2007 WC victory as his "first" and "only to date" world title.
Big Jock Knew
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

It mentions the BDO once, and never mentions he also won world titles in the BDO. Then further on in the article it refers to 'his only world title'. Not his only PDC world title, only world title period. It looks to me like the author did the absolute bare minimum to acknowledge the BDO exists, skimming around it as much as possible.

And nu.nl might not be the most prestigious news site, but with 4 million people using it's apps, it definitely is one of the most popular, especially among smartphone users.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Mgt wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

It mentions the BDO once, and never mentions he also won world titles in the BDO. Then further on in the article it refers to 'his only world title'. Not his only PDC world title, only world title period. It looks to me like the author did the absolute bare minimum to acknowledge the BDO exists, skimming around it as much as possible.

And nu.nl might not be the most prestigious news site, but with 4 million people using it's apps, it definitely is one of the most popular, especially among smartphone users.
Once you mention in the opening para it was his first in the PDC you would not mention it the second time . Wouldn't make sense.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:

Oops :-)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

ChrisW wrote:
Mgt wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote: It clearly says his first title in the PDC after his move from the BDO. I doubt people in Holland have forgotten his first 3 world titles as they were massive on TV. By the way nu.nl is not really a significant news site.

Once you mention in the opening para it was his first in the PDC you would not mention it the second time . Wouldn't make sense.
Title: Ten years after world title van Barneveld has to mind his body.

First paragraph, before either the BDO or PDC are mentioned: van Barneveld melancholically looks back on his only world title. Only once in the entire article is his world title described as a PDC world title. It states his popularity peaked after his world title, ignoring any fame he might have had before.

I don't know if Dutch is your native tongue or not, but from this article a layman wouldn't have a clue whether the BDO organises WC's at all, let alone that Barney actually won four of them. You don't find that an odd way to describe Raymond's career at all? I think the PDC bias is extremely obvious. First time I encountered that, usually it's pretty balanced while still allowing for the far greater popularity of the PDC in Holland.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

2nd opening paragraph.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

ChrisW wrote:2nd opening paragraph.
Yes that would be the only time it's referred to as a PDC title, as I mentioned. Well spotted! Any interest in responding to any of the other things I mentioned?
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

I am going off a Dutch speaker paraphrasing the article elsewhere. I don't speak or understand a word of the language.
Ginge in passing off responsibility when found to be talking bollocks shocker.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Mgt wrote:
ChrisW wrote:2nd opening paragraph.
Yes that would be the only time it's referred to as a PDC title, as I mentioned. Well spotted! Any interest in responding to any of the other things I mentioned?
No.