Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
GtotheF
International

Re: Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Post by GtotheF »

Good call Duzza.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Why is Murph not on pre-mod yet?
I am. The mods agree that my posts are so good they allow all of them through toute suite.
Ssjsa approves anything anti bdo, he approves all of Garrys, sort of makes a mockery of premod.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
:grin:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

well it seems the general feeling is that this was a good lakeside. That C4 did a good job overall and will be pleased with the viewing figures.

Some good matches and a great ladies winner and a popular men's.

Stepping outside of the forum/fb bubble for a moment though: how disappointing or significant is it that in Monday's daily mail there was just a short paragraph about Durrant winning? No picture at all.

I know it was covered in other papers. can't remember the level of coverage it unusually gets. But with a popular paper basically giving near zero coverage: will the BDO be concerned or does this not really matter?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Was reading some of the comments on the Daily Mail's online article this morning. Some good debate going on there :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... l#comments
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

devosteve wrote:how disappointing or significant is it that in Monday's daily mail there was just a short paragraph about Durrant winning? No picture at all
Given that the daily mail is an absolute steaming turd of an excuse for a 'newspaper', bought mainly by racists, bigots and middle class suburban hypocrites, not disappointing in the slightest.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote:Was reading some of the comments on the Daily Mail's online article this morning. Some good debate going on there :)

"Only in the BDO can you be on a 9 darter and end up struggling out on mad house!"
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

devosteve wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Was reading some of the comments on the Daily Mail's online article this morning. Some good debate going on there :)

"Only in the BDO can you be on a 9 darter and end up struggling out on mad house!"
Winmau made trebles bigger but couldn't bring themselves to make the doubles huge ;)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Rout wrote:
devosteve wrote:how disappointing or significant is it that in Monday's daily mail there was just a short paragraph about Durrant winning? No picture at all
Given that the daily mail is an absolute steaming turd of an excuse for a 'newspaper', bought mainly by racists, bigots and middle class suburban hypocrites, not disappointing in the slightest.
No point in debating your opinion of folks who buy the daily mail. I'm from a council estate and grew up with my dad buying the mail (need to pop down and tell him he's a bigot, a racist and also middle class - though he still lives in a council house. I also buy the times. Yikes I must be evil! That's not the point of the post.

Am I right in thinking it is the most popular paper out there? (actually not sure). And if so it's not disappointing that there was so little coverage?

lets have proper debate. why have they not covered it? maybe they never have. I can't remember at all.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Rout wrote:Given that the daily mail is an absolute steaming turd of an excuse for a 'newspaper', bought mainly by racists, bigots and middle class suburban hypocrites, not disappointing in the slightest.
This Daily Mail reader is a right bigot.
Well done Channel 4 and BT Sport.. It's the first time I have watched a BDO event in years, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course the standard of play isn't up there with the PDC, but I found the presentation and punditry so much better than the trashy stuff you get on Sky. The crowds are also better. They have fun, but are there to watch the darts, and not just to sing drunken football chants.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Give your head a wobble Rout FFS.

Daily Mail is the most viewed website in the country (To do with Newspapers)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hes not wrong about who buys the newspaper, though.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Post by Rout »

devosteve wrote:
Rout wrote:
No point in debating your opinion of folks who buy the daily mail. I'm from a council estate and grew up with my dad buying the mail (need to pop down and tell him he's a bigot, a racist and also middle class - though he still lives in a council house. I also buy the times. Yikes I must be evil! That's not the point of the post.

Am I right in thinking it is the most popular paper out there? (actually not sure). And if so it's not disappointing that there was so little coverage?

lets have proper debate. why have they not covered it? maybe they never have. I can't remember at all.
I'm sure there are exceptions which is why I said 'bought mainly'

Millions of people watch the Jeremy Kyle show every week. If it got 20m viewers it wouldn't make it any more credible.

The general public are idiots.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Rout is proving why people are pissed off with Lefties

Ginge joining in too.... he is gay remember - Admin (not that it has anything to do with the discussion or that it is illegal, well it is in Zimbabwe and a few other places but not in the north of England, in fact there are a few places where it is actually encouraged. Mind you having been for a night out in Barnsley and seen the Barnsley women I can understand how some choose that route and I guess a few didn't know until it was too late and by that time they had already invested three bacardi breezers and a kebab in the evening so probably thought why not).
Last edited by nikkiboy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And this is why you can never have a sensible conversation with Oche.
Big Jock Knew
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

The fact the Sun is the most read newspaper in the UK tells you all you need to know about the British public.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Si Robin wrote:The fact the Sun is the most read newspaper in the UK tells you all you need to know about the British public.

So the Sun is the most popular.

Still the point I made has been side-tracked by rout's comment about who buys it.

A very popular paper gave minimal coverage (I might type it out tomorrow, it was that short) to the final of the Lakeside. No picture of him at all. If in previous years they did cover it then that can't be a good thing.

Maybe the BDO couldn't care less that the Mail did so little coverage. I was genuinely surprised this Monday, even though the monday before they only carried a couple of results.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Here you go.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.33 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Daily Mail is a joke of a newspaper. I agree with Rout.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Yes the only unbiased newspaper on sale in the UK now is the Guardian, it's no wonder we are stuck with this right wing, uncaring, lying government. As Rout says most people who reside in the UK are constantly lied and miss-led, they should know better......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.