Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by nikkiboy »

It'll be interesting to see just what viewing figures they get (CH4) compared to the last few years, if it gets good ratings then maybe there's a clause in the contract for more
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

nikkiboy wrote:It'll be interesting to see just what viewing figures they get (CH4) compared to the last few years, if it gets good ratings then maybe there's a clause in the contract for more
Well they are only averaging 1-2 million for their biggest shows at the minute.

Their top 30 on Barb ends at .75 million which is what Hollyoaks gets at half 6, nothing in the afternoon gets more than that so I doubt we will actually see what the figures are unless Ginge can get them off Digital Spy.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:It'll be interesting to see just what viewing figures they get (CH4) compared to the last few years, if it gets good ratings then maybe there's a clause in the contract for more
Well they are only averaging 1-2 million for their biggest shows at the minute.

Their top 30 on Barb ends at .75 million which is what Hollyoaks gets at half 6, nothing in the afternoon gets more than that so I doubt we will actually see what the figures are unless Ginge can get them off Digital Spy.
I will make enquiries at the time. You would think the Final would make the top 30 though based on 30th getting 750k. In any case, most people only want to compare final vs final anyway so both figures should be easily available.

Will be interesting to see BT figures. They went up last year but only because they moved it from BT Sport 2 onto BT Sport 1. Will there be a dip like Sky Sports is seeing for its darts coverage?
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As an aside, Channel 4 used to show another minority sport on late Sunday afternoons: the Wembley NFL games. None of them charted in the Top 30 on the station, but maybe that is to be expected. Lakeside final should be getting at least half the BBC figure (around 800k),especially on a cold, dark and wet Sunday late afternoon in January.
Big Jock Knew
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

I'm sure Ginge can make up some sales figures for you, he's good like that. :DDD:
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by Ginge »

Agent 86 wrote:
I'm sure Ginge can make up some sales figures for you, he's good like that. :DDD:
Edited by Admin.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Agent 86 wrote:
Edited by Admin.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Agent 86 wrote:
Edited by Admin.
Big Jock Knew
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

There seems to be a echo in here
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Agent 86 wrote:There seems to be a echo in here
Do you get echos when you listen to the Crazy World of Arthur Brown LPs?
Big Jock Knew
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

Ginge wrote:
That's strange medication your doctors got you on. You'll have to record it and post it here so we can all listen to what your on.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by Ginge »

Agent 86 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
That's strange medication your doctors got you on. You'll have to record it and post it here so we can all listen to what your on.
Edited by Admin.
Big Jock Knew
malcy93
Pub Champion

Lakeside World Championships 7-15 Jan 2017

Post by malcy93 »

BT audience will depend if they keep on BTS1 or move back to BTS2 or 3. BTS1 is still free to most of BT's infinity (fibre) broadband customers. My dad gets this so I can use his log in to watch online. You have to pay extra for the other BTS channels hence the fall in audience numbers if a sport is on one of those.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Seems like the schedule has been given to the players. Not sure if on general release. Anyway players now trying to sell their quota. They don't get then free btw.

All seems a bit 2nd rate to me. Is lakeside filled with friends and family or just general fans like Patrick and his Geoff supporting mates?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:Seems like the schedule has been given to the players. Not sure if on general release. Anyway players now trying to sell their quota. They don't get then free btw.

All seems a bit 2nd rate to me. Is lakeside filled with friends and family or just general fans like Patrick and his Geoff supporting mates?
are you getting excited Stevo? ......better than Xmas that's for sure.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

That Monday afternoon session...
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

On a topical note at least 3 matches where players from same country play each other.......pmsl
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:Seems like the schedule has been given to the players. Not sure if on general release. Anyway players now trying to sell their quota. They don't get then free btw.

I am sure I would thoroughly enjoy going to lakeside. Doubt I'll ever go though.

But from a TV viewing perspective the schedule doesn't seem that thrilling. Much of a muchness : same venue and same players. Feels a bit stale.

will record the ch 4 coverage. Won't see any BT coverage.

will watch the ladies games but fast forward most of the men's except the final.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

I am sure I would thoroughly enjoy going to lakeside. Doubt I'll ever go though.

But from a TV viewing perspective the schedule doesn't seem that thrilling. Much of a muchness : same venue and same players. Feels a bit stale.

will record the ch 4 coverage. Won't see any BT coverage.

will watch the ladies games but fast forward most of the men's except the final.
Loool
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks