Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:
26scored wrote:No difference really in these numbers, Grand Slam averages slightly higher because of the massive trebles.
Fixed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
But the bigger trebles were at Lakeside. :)
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Post by ifm »

spaceman70 wrote:
ifm wrote:
26scored wrote:No difference really in these numbers, Grand Slam averages slightly higher because of the massive trebles.
Fixed.

According to the fanboys we need a larger sample size, it cannot be proven from one item, don't shoot me that was dragged up every time by your mob ;)

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

ifm wrote:
Fixed.

You haven't seen the new Blade 5 then...
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
ifm wrote:
Fixed.

According to the fanboys we need a larger sample size, it cannot be proven from one item, don't shoot me that was dragged up every time by your mob ;)

Of course that's the first time you have post changed or mentioned massive trebles. :MAD:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

26scored wrote:
ifm wrote:
Fixed.

I haven't live actually, I have unicorns at home, they make me feel like a world beater :)

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Lakeside World Professional Championships 2017 7-15 Jan

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Yes the only unbiased newspaper on sale in the UK now is the Guardian, it's no wonder we are stuck with this right wing, uncaring, lying government. As Rout says most people who reside in the UK are constantly lied and miss-led, they should know better......
I agree about the Guardian. To quote it:

BDO World Darts Championship

Held every January at the Lakeside country club in Surrey, the BDO world championship is not such a terrible tournament in itself. It’s a straight knockout, devoid of fiddly format changes, with enough seeded players to add structure without stifling a strong outsider’s path to glory. The problem with it is more fundamental than that; simply put, it is not a real world championship.

By definition, a world champion is the best in the world at their chosen pursuit. With all due respect, Scott ‘Scotty 2 Hotty’ Waites is not the best darts player in the world. He won the 2016 final, regaining the title from Scott Mitchell (Waites can at least claim to be the best darts player in the world called Scott) but with an average of 87.54. That standard would have resulted in Mitchell being obliterated in the early rounds of the PDC world championship, darts’ true blue riband event.
I was talking about it's political persuasion, obviously their sports section hasn't caught up yet.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
ifm wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
ifm wrote:
Fixed.

Of course that's the first time you have post changed or mentioned massive trebles. :MAD:
Independent body should be responsible for measuring boards used in TV events ......who knows they might be slightly bigger than the norm ;)
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Yes the only unbiased newspaper on sale in the UK now is the Guardian, it's no wonder we are stuck with this right wing, uncaring, lying government. As Rout says most people who reside in the UK are constantly lied and miss-led, they should know better......

Held every January at the Lakeside country club in Surrey, the BDO world championship is not such a terrible tournament in itself. It’s a straight knockout, devoid of fiddly format changes, with enough seeded players to add structure without stifling a strong outsider’s path to glory. The problem with it is more fundamental than that; simply put, it is not a real world championship.

By definition, a world champion is the best in the world at their chosen pursuit. With all due respect, Scott ‘Scotty 2 Hotty’ Waites is not the best darts player in the world. He won the 2016 final, regaining the title from Scott Mitchell (Waites can at least claim to be the best darts player in the world called Scott) but with an average of 87.54. That standard would have resulted in Mitchell being obliterated in the early rounds of the PDC world championship, darts’ true blue riband event.
I was talking about it's political persuasion, obviously their sports section hasn't caught up yet.
Having a certain political persuasion doesn't make it unbiased Einstein!
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Murphio wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Skewball enjoys mocking the BDO. his dream in life is for Lakeside to go up in flames with people inside and the BDO to cease the next day
You are an absolute imbecile.
How dare you!
UKDA 4 Life
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
26scored wrote:
ifm wrote:
Fixed.

I haven't live actually, I have unicorns at home, they make me feel like a world beater :)
Have a look at your Pro Tour winnings Iain McFarlane £0, that will bring you back down to earth. :DDD:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Demonloy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Having a certain political persuasion doesn't make it unbiased Einstein!
Yes you are correct, I don't know why I wrote that....... ;-)
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
26scored wrote:
ifm wrote:
Fixed.

Have a look at your Pro Tour winnings Iain McFarlane £0, that will bring you back down to earth. :DDD:
Really?
You are either trolling or lying..........

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
26scored wrote:
ifm wrote:
Fixed.

Really?
You are either trolling or lying..........
Or pulling your leg. ;-)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Has he said what Potter did to annoy him so much?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

markymark wrote:Has he said what Potter did to annoy him so much?
Threw out some charity dudes.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The Jamie Caven of BDO darts
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

What Sport is he on about?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Before this event I did think it would come over a little 'stale " with it being the 3rd event there this year.

But with it being packed out it kind of felt like the other 2 events were 'some were' else.

guess the title being played for and the good crowds set it apart from the others.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BT Sport will not be free to BT TV subscribers (i.e. me) from August. So that will be even fewer people watching Lakeside on BT Sport next year.