World Series of Darts 2017- Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: World Series of Darts 2017- Discussion

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Ginge wrote:When will the interesting draws be posted?
Should have been posted with my comment

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ssjsa
International

Re: World Series of Darts 2017- Discussion

Post by ssjsa »

KYLE ANDERSON'S victory in the Auckland Darts Masters, presented by TAB & Burger King, has been hailed as a breakthrough moment for the sport Down Under by PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

Anderson defeated reigning World Youth Champion Corey Cadby in an all-Australian final at the third staging of the Auckland Darts Masters to open August's World Series of Darts treble-header.

Watched on by New Zealand's Prime Minister Bill English and the enthusiastic Kiwi crowd, Anderson's victory saw him claim glory for the first time in a televised event just four years after making his big-stage debut.

Anderson's success included a quarter-final victory over Australian number one Simon Whitlock - a former European Championship winner - and has been seen as a significant step for the sport in the Oceanic region following an event which also featured emerging New Zealanders Cody Harris and Darren Herewini.

PDC Chairman Barry Hearn has praised Anderson's achievement, which he believes can inspire the Perth-born star to further glory and boost darts in Australia and New Zealand.

Hearn said: "Simon was the first flag bearer for Australia, Paul Nicholson also had some success. Over the years we've watched local players come through the ranks, Kyle Anderson, Corey Cadby - this young, precocious talent - and who'd have thought that the final of the Auckland Masters would be between two unseeded players.

"This gives the game in Australia and New Zealand a massive push. The event showed that people can change their lives through darts, and here it was in the raw.
"All we can do is give them the opportunity and fund the change in lifestyle. Kyle Anderson has earned over £30,000 in the last couple of weeks, but what does it lead to? Whitlock became a Premier League player and one of the world's elite and he's still there.

"We're very excited and we're looking to the future, because who knows what's going to happen in Melbourne this week? Will we see more Australian success? The fans are in for a treat, the TV viewers at Fox are in for an extravaganza."

The introduction of the World Series in 2013 had the aim of spreading top-level professional darts around the globe.

With new events in Las Vegas, Melbourne and Dusseldorf this year alongside the tournaments in Dubai, Shanghai, Auckland and Perth ahead of the season-ending World Series Finals, Hearn is delighted with the growth of the concept.

"Five years ago now we had the idea that we were making such huge progress in the UK and Europe, but there's another world out there that we have to go to, because there's dart players everywhere," he added.

"We launched the World Series to go out and find local talent, to encourage them, to show them the opportunity they have in their career and also to take the world's best players out there to entertain a new legion of darts fans.

"I'm feeling pretty happy because it's working. We've got seven World Series events this year, we've just come back from the best tournament we've ever done in America at the U.S. Masters and we've got a massive event coming up in Germany in October."

The Unibet Melbourne Darts Masters will take place from August 18-20 at the Hisense Arena. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au or call 132 849. Order Season Tickets - including $120 Tiered Seat season ticket - via this link.

The TABtouch Perth Darts Masters will be held from August 25-27 at HBF Stadium. For tickets visit www.downunderevents.com.au and www.ticketmaster.com.au.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

KYLE ANDERSON has set his sights on further glory after claiming his first televised title at the Auckland Darts Masters, presented by TAB & Burger King.

The 29-year-old from Perth opened the PDC's World Series of Darts August treble-header Down under by taking victory in the third staging of the tournament in Auckland.

Watched on by New Zealand's Prime Minister, Bill English, and a packed crowd at the Trusts Arena, Anderson overcame World Youth Champion Corey Cadby in an all-Australian final with an 11-10 success.

Anderson shed tears of joy after claiming the dramatic deciding-leg win as he marked his maiden title on the big stage less than five years after making his TV debut at the 2013 World Championship.

He has now targeted further success alongside the sport's top players, as he prepares for the inaugural Unibet Melbourne Masters this weekend and the forthcoming TABtouch Perth Darts Masters in his home city.

"It was my first time playing in Auckland and I loved every minute of it," said Anderson.

"I felt sick in my stomach after the game because of the elation of getting that double four. I'm happy, I'm proud and I'm looking forward to Melbourne.

"It's the first tournament in Melbourne and I'm looking forward to that one. I'm rapt with the way I'm playing; it's all in the doubles and the doubles are going in.
"I don't want one more [TV title], I want a whole load of them. I know I'm good enough, but it's a matter of on the day when you play.

"I'm not going to come out and say that I'll win every title because it's not going to happen, but I'm going to come out and get as far as I can, and if I win one then I win one.

"I know I've got the capability and I've just got to put it together. If I get the doubles and scoring together then I should be fine."

Following this weekend's event at the Hisense Arena in Melbourne, which will be held from August 18-20, Anderson will be amongst the competitors at Perth's HBF Stadium - where he will be cheered on by a large family contingent.

"In Perth, my family's going to be there," he added. "I haven't seen them for 12 months, so it's going to be emotional.

"It's going to be brilliant and I'm looking forward to playing well there."

The Unibet Melbourne Darts Masters will take place from August 18-20 at the Hisense Arena. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au or call 132 849. Order Season Tickets - including $120 Tiered Seat season ticket - via this link.

The TABtouch Perth Darts Masters will be held from August 25-27 at HBF Stadium. For tickets visit www.downunderevents.com.au and www.ticketmaster.com.au.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

David Platt? does Gayle know he's not looking after the kids?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

he talks a good game does Barry Hearn. And he also delivers.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
GRAYISALEGEND
County Player

Post by GRAYISALEGEND »

No surprise Barney gets a tough draw.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Melbourne Darts Masters, Last 16
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by slymaster on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

I' think Mensur v Pipe would be over a lot faster than this Corey v Barny match.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

GRAYISALEGEND wrote:No surprise Barney gets a tough draw.

#pray for grayisalegend
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Is Anderson using a new set of darts?
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Melbourne Darts Masters, Last 16
► Show Spoiler
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

whats this spoiler bollocks. If someone wants to watch it 'live' later then they should not be stupid enough to open a thread about it. So does that mean I and banned from now talking about these AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE results ;)..
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Skewball wrote:whats this spoiler bollocks. If someone wants to watch it 'live' later then they should not be stupid enough to open a thread about it. So does that mean I and banned from now talking about these AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE results ;)..
Exactly.

anyone stupid enough to read the thread about the darts and then moan about seeing the scores deserve what they get for their utter stupidity
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Skewball wrote:whats this spoiler bollocks. If someone wants to watch it 'live' later then they should not be stupid enough to open a thread about it. So does that mean I and banned from now talking about these AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE results ;)..
You can talk. It's just etiquette to spoiler any part of your post which references an actual match result before it has been screened on ITV4 tonight.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Well a mod approved the pre mod which gives a result away, well done on the spoiler feature......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:Well a mod approved the pre mod which gives a result away, well done on the spoiler feature......

Will you be watching any of this on ITV4?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:Well a mod approved the pre mod which gives a result away, well done on the spoiler feature......

Nah, not now I know Corey beat RVB

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

BlueSpark wrote:

I will as at work today. But spoiled the results looking on live darts in lunch break. Tomorrow and Sunday will watch the streams in morning.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Spoiler alert!! :grin:
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: World Series of Darts 2017- Discussion

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Spoiler alert!! :grin:
Did you not read my first post that you replied to.....

Madsocks