World Series of Darts 2017- Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: World Series of Darts 2017- Discussion

Post by DavidB »

Anyone mentioned the dreadful shadow on the board??? Shocking...
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

DavidB wrote:Anyone mentioned the dreadful shadow on the board??? Shocking...
It's an outrage.
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Gurney playing really well here.
Putting Gando under real pressure.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Gurney was fantastic there. Played brilliantly and a well deserved finalist.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Semi-Finals
Michael Van Gerwen (101.04) 8 (15) 0 (88.58) Gerwyn Price
Gary Anderson (103.81) 4 (15) 8 (101.89) Daryl Gurney
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:So the only leg MVG lost this weekend is to Dave Richardson.
Looking lik it might be the only one he loses in the tournement :omg:
...as Gurney hits D4 to lead 3-2 ;)
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Final
Michael Van Gerwen (101.35) 8 (15) 6 (96.08) Daryl Gurney
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Why do players look like their world has ended when they get a lead against MvG? Gurney seemed to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. Funny game darts!
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

WSOD ranking after Vegas (players possessing more than 1 point):

1 van Gerwen 32
2 Anderson 20
3 Price 13
4 Wright 11
5 Chisnall 11
6 van Barneveld 11
7 Wade 9
8 Gurney 8
9 Taylor 6
10 Richardson 3
11 Murschell 3
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Well I made a complete arse of that... ignored my own advice and took Wright in a quad instead of the Treble I was was confident in. I guess that is the difference in a smart punter and a mug.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I'm wondering if wright might fall back in the chasing pack a bit. Definitely a confidence player and I think it's taken a hit
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Rout wrote:I'm wondering if wright might fall back in the chasing pack a bit. Definitely a confidence player and I think it's taken a hit
Won the last Euro Tour didn't he? Losing a couple of exbo matches where he dicked about with his darts means very little.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: World Series of Darts 2017- Discussion

Post by Rout »

waddle147 wrote:
Rout wrote:I'm wondering if wright might fall back in the chasing pack a bit. Definitely a confidence player and I think it's taken a hit
Won the last Euro Tour didn't he? Losing a couple of exbo matches where he dicked about with his darts means very little.
I may well be wrong. Just a hunch.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

phil davies wrote:
Ginge wrote:
phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:So the only leg MVG lost this weekend is to Dave Richardson.
Looking lik it might be the only one he loses in the tournement :omg:
...as Gurney hits D4 to lead 3-2 ;)
Mike has been told to spot him a few legs by the PDC just like he was with Thorn in the WGP final a few years back just ask IFM he will tell you all about it. ;-)
It's either that or find a way to ban him or it's just going to continue be one MVG procession after another.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

MVG's dominance is being used as a stick to beat the PDC with when quite honestly I don't know what they are supposed to do. He is simply far better than the rest of the field. It does make things predictable and there is no doubt in this regard the BDO has a much more even playing field. At this moment in time I think there are only two or three players capable of winning TV majors; Anderson, Wright and MVG. The rest, in as much as they are bloody good players, are making up the numbers. Again though I don't see what can be done. As the career of one PDC monster draws to a close an even bigger monster has filled his shoes.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:MVG's dominance is being used as a stick to beat the PDC with when quite honestly I don't know what they are supposed to do. He is simply far better than the rest of the field. It does make things predictable and there is no doubt in this regard the BDO has a much more even playing field. At this moment in time I think there are only two or three players capable of winning TV majors; Anderson, Wright and MVG. The rest, in as much as they are bloody good players, are making up the numbers. Again though I don't see what can be done. As the career of one PDC monster draws to a close an even bigger monster has filled his shoes.
It's simple, there is nothing that they can do. Just like taylor before him he is just head and shoulders above the rest at the moment. The rest have to up their game or wait until he starts to fade a tad.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

nikkiboy wrote:
Murphio wrote:MVG's dominance is being used as a stick to beat the PDC with when quite honestly I don't know what they are supposed to do. He is simply far better than the rest of the field. It does make things predictable and there is no doubt in this regard the BDO has a much more even playing field. At this moment in time I think there are only two or three players capable of winning TV majors; Anderson, Wright and MVG. The rest, in as much as they are bloody good players, are making up the numbers. Again though I don't see what can be done. As the career of one PDC monster draws to a close an even bigger monster has filled his shoes.
It's simple, there is nothing that they can do. Just like taylor before him he is just head and shoulders above the rest at the moment. The rest have to up their game or wait until he starts to fade a tad.
Agreed but in the meantime all the complaining is pointless; the PDC is not to blame for the darting freak that is MVG
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Gary Anderson and Peter Wright 5-10 years ago were never in that exclusive club. They've upped their game to that level. Its up to the rest of the field to do so themselves.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Agreed but in the meantime all the complaining is pointless; the PDC is not to blame for the darting freak that is MVG
I suppose the only thing you could possibly blame is the longer format that they favour, Taylor was vulnerable in the first rounds but as the format got longer he pulled away, maybe more set play events??
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

nikkiboy wrote:
Murphio wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
I suppose the only thing you could possibly blame is the longer format that they favour, Taylor was vulnerable in the first rounds but as the format got longer he pulled away, maybe more set play events??
Yeah good call.