Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Lakeside 2017 viewing figures

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

C4
Saturday - 540k overnight which is a 5.3% share
Sunday - 578k overnight
Don't know whether that's good or bad for that time of day or sport

Youtube viewing figures (at time session ended, not rewatched, a view is someone that clicks the link and watches for 30 seconds)
Sat Afternoon - 55K
Sat Night - 39k
Sunday Afternoon - 54K
Sunday night - 17k
Monday Afternoon - 29k
Monday night - 50K
Tuesday Afternoon (as of Wed) - 55K
Tuesday Evening (as of Wed) - 49K
Wednesday Afternoon - 45K
Wed - Evening - 48k
Thurs Afternoon - 30k
Last edited by Zapp Brannigan on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Lakeside 2017 viewing figures

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Added Sundays Youtube views. Cant get any more overnight views a friend got me Saturdays as a favor. He did say the figures dropped off a cliff edge at 4:30 was that when the last game ended?
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

It's also around the time Football Focus starts on BBC1. I would have thought very similar audience profile.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:C4 afternoon session - 540k overnight which is a 5.3% share
Sunday overnight - 578k (dunno what share). I also dont know how this compared with BBC early coverage either.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

So the early rounds of this are smashing the later rounds of the PDC worlds. Interesting.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Col wrote:So the early rounds of this are smashing the later rounds of the PDC worlds. Interesting.
Well I shall try and find the BT Sport evening figures for a more accurate comparison....
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:
Col wrote:So the early rounds of this are smashing the later rounds of the PDC worlds. Interesting.
Well I shall try and find the BT Sport evening figures for a more accurate comparison....
Most folks would accept a comparison between pvv chanel is more accurate. Both now have folks watching on illegal streams. No one will do that for channel 4.

so BT - sky coverage fair.

what would be interesting would be comparing these figures with the bdo on the BBC last year. Have they dropped (from the equivalent time slot) or actually held their viewing figures. A lot, including me, thought some folks watched lakeside because it was on the BBC. What if they have increased?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

You can't compare terrestrial TV with cable or satellite ffs. Have a look at how many viewers watched the FA Cup tie between West Ham and Man City on BBC then compare the same match on Sky. Same match - totally different viewing figures.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Most folks would accept a comparison between pvv chanel is more accurate. Both now have folks watching on illegal streams. No one will do that for channel 4.

so BT - sky coverage fair.

what would be interesting would be comparing these figures with the bdo on the BBC last year. Have they dropped (from the equivalent time slot) or actually held their viewing figures. A lot, including me, thought some folks watched lakeside because it was on the BBC. What if they have increased?
i think channel 4 will be pretty ok with these figures if you compare them with the average from gee gee racing last year 300/350k for a meeting from kempton & wetherby on a saturday the crux for me for channel 4 is the monday / friday afternoon slot to see if that has the nursing home stay / at home oap impact viewers that auntie excelled at catering for, with tony green, bobby george the familier faces from yesterday year as it was,comfort viewing as it is called
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Youtube is saying only 1700 people watched todays stream but I assume that is wrong. Ill check again when I check the evening one.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside 2017 viewing figures

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Youtube is saying only 1700 people watched todays stream but I assume that is wrong. Ill check again when I check the evening one.
Must have been millions surely?
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

If only there was a way of comparing the two codes when they've had a tournie on the same channel.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Rout wrote:If only there was a way of comparing the two codes when they've had a tournie on the same channel.
So you want to compare a 10 player, non ranking 'exhibition' making its debut, with a world championship which has been part of the furniture for decades? That's not comparing apples and oranges, that's comparing apples and leeks.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:If only there was a way of comparing the two codes when they've had a tournie on the same channel.
So you want to compare a 10 player, non ranking 'exhibition' making its debut, with a world championship which has been part of the furniture for decades? That's not comparing apples and oranges, that's comparing apples and leeks.
The professional tournament surely should always trump the amateur tournament?

All about averages. People tune in for the standard. yadda yadda yadda.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Murphio wrote:
You surely meant to say you want to compare a 'PDC professional tourney' on BBC to a 'dying should have in my eyes 5 years ago pissed off' boring tourney.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ChrisW wrote:
Murphio wrote:
You surely meant to say you want to compare a 'PDC professional tourney' on BBC to a 'dying should have in my eyes 5 years ago pissed off' boring tourney.
When something has been establised in a time slot for decades it becomes a part of the furniture. The tradition of darts on the BBC just after Christmas was one of the things the BDO had going for it. If it's all about the event(s) - how does the Champions League of darts on BBC compare with the BDO World Championship on Channel 4? And why haven't those who tuned in on BBC moved to Channel 4 since they are both free to air?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I see the Youtube viewers are only increasing as the tourney goes on and not suffering from
Monday blues.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Youtube is saying only 1700 people watched todays stream but I assume that is wrong. Ill check again when I check the evening one.
This is absolute bollocks, I bet more than that were watching over in Canada alone..........obviously their viewing figures are a waste of time, inaccurate to say the least.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
This is absolute bollocks, I bet more than that were watching over in Canada alone..........obviously their viewing figures are a waste of time, inaccurate to say the least.
It was actually 25K, I updated it when I checked again

As for how many are watching the stream has never gone over 4000 watching.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
It was actually 25K, I updated it when I checked again

As for how many are watching the stream has never gone over 4000 watching.
It reached 5k yesterday.