Lakeside 2017 viewing figures

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nice marker
Steady Sixties

Re: Lakeside 2017 viewing figures

Post by nice marker »

Well it's much of a muchness. I'm very confident with my figures, but there are lots of reasons they could be out by that sort of amount. Without comparing sources it's hard to isolate what that could be though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nice marker wrote:Well it's much of a muchness. I'm very confident with my figures, but there are lots of reasons they could be out by that sort of amount. Without comparing sources it's hard to isolate what that could be though.
True, not much difference.

Im surprised at BT being so low for the final though. Last year they got 83k for the final and they were the broadcaster showing ads, you would have thought with the alternative also having ads this year it would have been roughly similar, instead its over half less. Maybe that is testament to the C4 coverage over the BBC effort from last year.

OK you have the 7 day data to add into that 37k but its not going to add very much to it, if anything.
Big Jock Knew
nice marker
Steady Sixties

Post by nice marker »

Ginge wrote:
nice marker wrote:Well it's much of a muchness. I'm very confident with my figures, but there are lots of reasons they could be out by that sort of amount. Without comparing sources it's hard to isolate what that could be though.

Im surprised at BT being so low for the final though. Last year they got 68k for the final and they were the broadcaster showing ads, you would have thought with the alternative also having ads this year it would have been roughly similar, instead its about half. Maybe that is testament to the C4 coverage over the BBC effort from last year.
I haven't got the BBC figures from last year to hand but is the BT proportion of the total viewing bigger than last year?

It's quite possible that a)the final itself was a bit lower key (Waites is generally a more more well known figure than Durrant), b) the coverage on C4 was a bit lower key (no 2300 highlights show, no radio cross promotion) and c) there's potentially a bit of over saturation in the market (see the decline in PDC viewing figures) all contributing to a lower over figure.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nice marker wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Im surprised at BT being so low for the final though. Last year they got 68k for the final and they were the broadcaster showing ads, you would have thought with the alternative also having ads this year it would have been roughly similar, instead its about half. Maybe that is testament to the C4 coverage over the BBC effort from last year.
I haven't got the BBC figures from last year to hand but is the BT proportion of the total viewing bigger than last year?

It's quite possible that a)the final itself was a bit lower key (Waites is generally a more more well known figure than Durrant), b) the coverage on C4 was a bit lower key (no 2300 highlights show, no radio cross promotion) and c) there's potentially a bit of over saturation in the market (see the decline in PDC viewing figures) all contributing to a lower over figure.
Dunno about % share, the BARB website doesnt give details like that. I was just surprised that BT Sport was down so much on the final in terms of pure numbers (was actually 83k last year, I edited my post as you were replying), especially with the alternative choice also having adverts this year.
Big Jock Knew
nice marker
Steady Sixties

Post by nice marker »

Well it probably didn't help either channel that there were 2.5m people watching Man U v Liverpool for the first couple of hours of the coverage.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nice marker wrote:Well it probably didn't help either channel that there were 2.5m people watching Man U v Liverpool for the first couple of hours of the coverage.
And the peak ties in with the end of that match.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
nice marker wrote:Well it probably didn't help either channel that there were 2.5m people watching Man U v Liverpool for the first couple of hours of the coverage.
Peaks in darts matches usually tie in with the climax of matches, so hardly a surprise the peak wasnt in the first hour. Lunacy to clash it but I guess nobody knew what PL match would be in that slot until a few months back.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Peaks in darts matches usually tie in with the climax of matches, so hardly a surprise the peak wasnt in the first hour. Lunacy to clash it but I guess nobody knew what PL match would be in that slot until a few months back.
There was a big peak on the youtube channel straight after the final whistle. Went from 15M to 20M.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
There was a big peak on the youtube channel straight after the final whistle. Went from 15K to 20K.
I fixed your last post for accuracy.

You are also forgetting that at 1845 in the UK, the football will have been over for about an hour, you are getting your time zones confused ;)
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Indeed I am anyway the peak on youtube was then.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I'm currently 5.5 hours ahead of the UK and watched the last set of the final (as I had jet lag) - it was at 25k then.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:Indeed I am anyway the peak on youtube was then.
6.38pm GMT - 25,800. A good 45 minutes or so after full time in the football ;) and not too dissimilar to the UK peak at 6.45pm GMT

EDIT - Dannyboy verifing my number above.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
6.38pm GMT - 25,800. A good 45 minutes or so after full time in the football ;) and not too dissimilar to the UK peak at 6.45pm GMT

The jump in viewers from around 15-17 to mid 20sk happened at the end of the footy. I was watching both.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:
nice marker wrote:
Ginge wrote:That 922k is less than the figure of 1.01m I got from elsewhere.
Mine is the overnight, depending on when the higher number came in it could include some consolidated viewing.
The 1.01m was the overnight too. Very odd.
C4 are very happy .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:

The jump in viewers from around 15-17 to mid 20sk happened at the end of the footy. I was watching both.
Ah you have added the word "mid" in now ;)
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge trying to doctor the figures again I see.........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Ginge trying to doctor the figures again I see.........
Paddy, you want my figures to be the right ones, not these new ones that show them to be lower, so shush :D
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

They will never be that accurate nowadays........I told you this ages ago, take them with a pinch of salt.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nice marker wrote:
Ginge wrote:That 922k is less than the figure of 1.01m I got from elsewhere.
Mine is the overnight, depending on when the higher number came in it could include some consolidated viewing.
The 1.01m was the overnight too. Very odd.
C4 are very happy .
so were Eurosport, ESPN, Dave, Setanta etc etc etc.
Same BS after each one. The CH4 guys on the ground will feed you whatever you want to hear. The numbers men will decide if its a success or not ;)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Someone on another forum says they spoke to Bob Potter last week and he said that they were relying on Channel 4 to show future events on TV. Now he may have misheard or Potter may have been talkin bollix (what would he know, he aint the BDO) but a bit dangerous to pin all your hopes in one place like this. Especially when C4 wont want anything on their main network past 6pm on weekdays and 8pm in evenings.

Anyway Skewy, I wouldnt write Dave off quite yet. Now if they choose not to show the WDT 2017 then I would say yes, they arent interested anymore.
Big Jock Knew