The TSOD PL Comp - opinions wanted

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

How would you like to see the PL competition run? (see opening post)

Option One
4%
Option Two
42%
Option Three
42%
I'm not fussed, pick as you see fit
12%

Total votes: 26

Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: The TSOD PL Comp - opinions wanted

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:
The Crusader wrote:
Ginge wrote:Only issue I have is that the comp has gradually got less popular and popular and Ive done it every year since 2011, remove weekly prizes out and some people wont bother playing it.
Forums are dying in general though, the same people posting the same crap in different topics most of the time on multiple forums. Mods who dont seem to be around much (seems they have lost interest). In about 3 years there will be ifm, rout and paddy left sniping at one another.
No Ginge?
Proof to how biased this place is, no wonderful, no Ringworm, no Ginge, no ssaja..........just the BDO supporters highlighted. That's the reason there is no harmony here, people only agreeing with their own views .
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Crusader
International

Re: The TSOD PL Comp - opinions wanted

Post by The Crusader »

See Padds you just proved I was right, I never mentioned any org, during Lakeside I was on here saying how much I was enjoying it, yet 1 post and you presume that is me saying I am anti BDO.

Thanks for confirming my view.
Thinking of one.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The Crusader wrote:See Padds you just proved I was right, I never mentioned any org, during Lakeside I was on here saying how much I was enjoying it, yet 1 post and you presume that is me saying I am anti BDO.

So you didn't see any repetitive posts from one or two people that totally ruined the lakeside threads?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The TSOD PL Comp - opinions wanted

Post by The Crusader »

Rout wrote:
The Crusader wrote:See Padds you just proved I was right, I never mentioned any org, during Lakeside I was on here saying how much I was enjoying it, yet 1 post and you presume that is me saying I am anti BDO.

So you didn't see any repetitive posts from one or two people that totally ruined the lakeside threads?
Yes but maybe it''s a compliment I remember the 3 names I gave.

I get sick of the same BDO/PDC debate taking over nearlly every thread nowadays, I actually believe some posters just say things about it to rile others.

I just love darts, the board running it doesn't make a comp any better than another. I like boxing and when there is a fight I dont look whether its for WBC, IBF etc I just look at whether it has potential to entertain me.
Thinking of one.
neil9629
Brass Darts

Post by neil9629 »

Run it however you see fit Ginge.
neil9629
Brass Darts

Post by neil9629 »

The Crusader wrote:
Rout wrote:

Yes but maybe it''s a compliment I remember the 3 names I gave.

I get sick of the same BDO/PDC debate taking over nearlly every thread nowadays, I actually believe some posters just say things about it to rile others.

I just love darts, the board running it doesn't make a comp any better than another. I like boxing and when there is a fight I dont look whether its for WBC, IBF etc I just look at whether it has potential to entertain me.
Bucket loads of this ^^^^^^
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

I've voted option 2, only because I think that will keep some interest throughout for some. Certainly be a big drop off in entries with the drop in prises, although personally I enter the comps to keep an interest in the darts rather than trying to win a prize and to stop me throwing a few quid at the bookies.

Maybe...
1 Knockout all the way through.
1 Top predictor come Judgement Night.
2 Prizes for top 2 at end (but take out judgement night winner if same person).

Anyway, don't really mind, will enter whatever.
It's better to be lucky than good!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Any more opinions on this before I start the thread later on today?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Option 2 surely the best option.
Will make it more entertaining.
schuster
Steady Sixties

Post by schuster »

I've chosen option 3 because then you can "re-enter" after judgementsday and keep interest to the end
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

The Crusader wrote:
Ginge wrote:Mods - has any reason been given why they have reduced the prizes by over 85%
Guessing because some of the winners just choose the most expensive darts then sell them on ebay.

Disclaimer: Not a moan those who choose expensive sets to use or pass to friends or family. Only those trying to make a quick buck or two.
Still got my random draw win Lumina from last year, brilliant set. :DDDD:

Maybe the reduction in prizes will weed out the prize hunting no posters? I like to enter for fun, any prize is a bonus.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Maybe Edward has taken umbrage at the unfair criticism Unicorn products get on here from the same posters, purely because of their affiliation with the PDC.
I have used Unicorn products for the last 18 years and have no complaints at all.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Maybe Edward has taken umbrage at the unfair criticism Unicorn products get on here from the same posters, purely because of their affiliation with the PDC.
I have used Unicorn products for the last 18 years and have no complaints at all.
It would be a shame if he has taken that attitude, one or two members of the forum do not speak for the forum as a whole.
Big Jock Knew
rabsmith2
Superleague Player

Post by rabsmith2 »

Sadden to hear of the reduction in prizes,I always enjoyed checking for the random draw. I can't complain as I won my fair share of prizes. I do home whatever option Ginge chooses that it is well supported by the forum. As for Unicorn products I would have no complaints,I have used their products since I started playing darts (decades).
J Y Kelly
Pub Champion

Post by J Y Kelly »

Maybe it is based upon a business decision that giving away approx £1,000 of merchandise every year which does not equate to increased sales as most of the people who enter only do it in order to get a freebie and don't even post or probably even play darts.
There's a homo fae Fife whom plays the game
and oh what a bummer , Stevie's the name
No man sais he , shall stand in his way
He'll make them bend over, because he is a gay
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

J Y Kelly wrote:Maybe it is based upon a business decision that giving away approx £1,000 of merchandise every year which does not equate to increased sales as most of the people who enter only do it in order to get a freebie and don't even post or probably even play darts.
Well yes, it could be this.

If I had my way anyone who has posted less than 50 times wouldnt be allowed to enter...
Big Jock Knew
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Ginge wrote:
J Y Kelly wrote:Maybe it is based upon a business decision that giving away approx £1,000 of merchandise every year which does not equate to increased sales as most of the people who enter only do it in order to get a freebie and don't even post or probably even play darts.

If I had my way anyone who has posted less than 50 times wouldnt be allowed to enter...
Time to implement Ginge rule . . .
Thinking of one.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Crusader wrote:
Ginge wrote:

The last time I attempted to, Nikkiboy had a massive moan.
Big Jock Knew
J Y Kelly
Pub Champion

Post by J Y Kelly »

Given the amount of money I've thrown at Mr Lowy's products over the years, I would have hoped he'd stipulate that I have to win at least twice every season.
There's a homo fae Fife whom plays the game
and oh what a bummer , Stevie's the name
No man sais he , shall stand in his way
He'll make them bend over, because he is a gay
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Ginge wrote:
The Crusader wrote:
Ginge wrote:

The last time I attempted to, Nikkiboy had a massive moan.
Maybe now times have changed, less prizes up for grabs and someone could join up next week make 15 posts in comp thread and walk away with darts never to be seen again or contribute to the site. I didn't agree last time but sort of understood it may help entice newbies with weekly prizes.
Thinking of one.