European Tour Rule Changes Announced

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: European Tour Rule Changes Announced

Post by Ginge »

There is also a change which has clearly been put in because of MvG - the draw will be reversed in half the events so that the number #1 seed is at the bottom of the draw rather than the top. This is presumably so the #1 seed doesnt always have the longest rest time on the final day when matches are played in draw order.
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

DartsjournalistCOM wrote:I think it was better to expand the field to 64 players, with two stages.
I agree with you there make top 24 from pro tour rankings then 20 from uk qualifier 12 from west Europe qualifier 4 from host naction and 2 each from other 2 day 1 play on 2stages then all on 1 from weekend

I see the WGP changed it top 16 from pro tour no 2 Irish players getting unless they in top 16
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

The big question in all this is where do the Montenegrins play? Or do the PDC not class them as European?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote:
callataxi wrote:What player seeded in an event is going to give that up to play qualifying so that prize money counts??

Can't see that scenario happening very much unless a real need to gain some money to qualify for a tv event.
I dont think anyone is expecting that scenario to happen. In any case the PDC are hardly going to allow someone who is seeded through to the last 32 to just give it up to play a qualifier.

Its only being done so that people dont get OoM credit for not winning a game. Although in the name of consistency, the same needs to happen with the Last 64 of the UK Open, and in Pro Tour events where there is a late withdrawal and a player/players get byes through to the Last 64.
Only just through the door from work, and seeing this for the 1st time, so haven't really given this much thought, but might there be a benefit to the No16 seed prefering to play a qualifier to potentially avoid MVG in the last 16.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: European Tour Rule Changes Announced

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:
callataxi wrote:What player seeded in an event is going to give that up to play qualifying so that prize money counts??

Can't see that scenario happening very much unless a real need to gain some money to qualify for a tv event.
I dont think anyone is expecting that scenario to happen. In any case the PDC are hardly going to allow someone who is seeded through to the last 32 to just give it up to play a qualifier.

Its only being done so that people dont get OoM credit for not winning a game. Although in the name of consistency, the same needs to happen with the Last 64 of the UK Open, and in Pro Tour events where there is a late withdrawal and a player/players get byes through to the Last 64.
Only just through the door from work, and seeing this for the 1st time, so haven't really given this much thought, but might there be a benefit to the No16 seed prefering to play a qualifier to potentially avoid MVG in the last 16.
Maybe. But then what happens if the new #16 doesn't want to be seeded? And so on and so on?
Big Jock Knew
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Maybe. But then what happens if the new #16 doesn't want to be seeded? And so on and so on?
First one to accept it would get the seeding I guess. But I really can't see anyone playing a qualifier, it's far too risky.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

26scored wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

First one to accept it would get the seeding I guess. But I really can't see anyone playing a qualifier, it's far too risky.
I agree. I don't think anyone would take that chance, but interesting scenario.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
B78
Brass Darts

Post by B78 »

I wonder if Q school player from Europe get this membership for European events.
Any thoughts?
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:There is also a change which has clearly been put in because of MvG - the draw will be reversed in half the events so that the number #1 seed is at the bottom of the draw rather than the top. This is presumably so the #1 seed doesnt always have the longest rest time on the final day when matches are played in draw order.
This was added to the rules last year, and I think they were already doing it informally during part of the 2015 season as well.
simonbals
Steady Sixties

Post by simonbals »

This is from the PDPA website:

Day PDPA Membership: Non PDPA Members can play as Day Members in European & Host Nation Qualifiers at European Darts Tour events only with the payment of a PDPA supplement as part of their entry fee (some restrictions apply). See PDC Rules
NOTE: In 2017 to play in ET Qualifiers, you can enter as a day member once only then you are subject to the new European Tour Associate Membership details (TBC).

Not a lot of clarity from the PDC and the PDPA on this point. Probably they are going to force the players to pay something if they want to try and qualify for the other European Tour Events. I think that BDO players are safe from the ban reserved to Tour Card holders and reserve players who play in a PC, but that is their decision to take.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

I suppose it's only an issue once they have played twice !
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Interesting change there. Winning a match to get OoM credit seems fair enough to me, used to be in the BDO rankings you had to win at least one match in TV events to earn any ranking points (even for the 16 parachuted into the Masters). Although this rule has gone in the last year or so.
Ginger bringing the bdo into it, there.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:Interesting change there. Winning a match to get OoM credit seems fair enough to me, used to be in the BDO rankings you had to win at least one match in TV events to earn any ranking points (even for the 16 parachuted into the Masters). Although this rule has gone in the last year or so.
It's a legitimate comparison and it's a shame they now give points to people who lose their first game. Should never had changed it.
Big Jock Knew
simonbals
Steady Sixties

Post by simonbals »

ssjsa wrote:
26scored wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

I agree. I don't think anyone would take that chance, but interesting scenario.
Don't we forget that this year the prizemoney for a L32 in a ET event is £2,000. Even if the money doesn't count toward the Orders of Merit, you still have to be really bold to refuse that kind of guarantee pay and decide to maybe pay yourself £100 and play a tough qualifying tournament!
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
It's a legitimate comparison and it's a shame they now give points to people who lose their first game. Should never had changed it.
They haven't given points to first-round losers who were World Trophy wildcards or World Masters seeds.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: European Tour Rule Changes Announced

Post by Ginge »

Zeyes wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
They haven't given points to first-round losers who were World Trophy wildcards or World Masters seeds.
Should be given them to anyone who doesn't win at least one game.
Big Jock Knew
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

The first three Eastern Europe qualifiers will take place in Hungary on the 25th and 26th of February.

https://www.pdc-europe.tv/qualifier/
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

armchairfan wrote:The first three Eastern Europe qualifiers will take place in Hungary on the 25th and 26th of February.

Not sure if it was mentioned before. but a good move from the PDC that they lowered the entry fees. Now it's 50 quid for PDPA members, and 65 quid for non-members.
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

26scored wrote:
armchairfan wrote:The first three Eastern Europe qualifiers will take place in Hungary on the 25th and 26th of February.

Not sure if it was mentioned before. but a good move from the PDC that they lowered the entry fees. Now it's 50 quid for PDPA members, and 65 quid for non-members.
But that's because there's only one place up for grabs. The entry fee for the bigger qualifiers is unchanged.