PDC World Cup of Darts rule change

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: PDC World Cup of Darts rule change

Post by Ginge »

GRAYISALEGEND wrote:Should put the names of players in the hat and see which pairings come out. If MVG missed out, the MVG misses out
OH aye yeah, I can imagine them doing that and the England pairing coming out as Steve Hine v Ian McKevitt :MAD:
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

GRAYISALEGEND wrote:Should put the names of players in the hat and see which pairings come out. If MVG missed out, the MVG misses out
mvg should just get and play with klassen if next highest ranked
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC World Cup of Darts rule change

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
OH aye yeah, I can imagine them doing that and the England pairing coming out as Steve Hine v Ian McKevitt :MAD:
I'd be just as surprised to see Taylor v Lewis.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

rout is as sharpe as a yorkshre whip. pdc bin fixed for years at the end of the day.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

thelad1985 wrote:rout is as sharpe as a yorkshre whip. pdc bin fixed for years at the end of the day.
Big Jock Knew
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

26scored wrote:
Ginge wrote:
26scored wrote:
Ginge wrote:
26scored wrote:The rule may have been the same last year, but I thought it was top 2 of the OoM, thus Klaasen and Wright had to withdraw. Not sure why would they risk those statements (which were clearly BS), if they could have just picked Barney and Thornton anyway.
Its already been explained why those statements were made - in a PR exercise to make it look like the 2 players concerned had pulled out of their own accord.
But we know they didn't. People know they didn't. So why not pick Barney and Thornton without an explanation, simply because they can do it?
Of course they could have just left out Barney and Thornton with no explanation. But why leave it there because it makes the PDC look like the bad guys, they got Klaasen and Thornton to issue statements saying it was their choice to pull out and this makes the PDC look better.

What part of this are people struggling to understand?
If the majority of the darts fans can be misled with this, then it's a good move probably.
You could argue that Barney was/is simply a better (tv-)player than Klaasen (and Taylor is a better choice than Wade). Almost all darts fans would probably agree. But picking Thornton over Wright cannot be defended with whatever reasoning possible.
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

teddybreak wrote:
26scored wrote:
Ginge wrote:
26scored wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Its already been explained why those statements were made - in a PR exercise to make it look like the 2 players concerned had pulled out of their own accord.
But we know they didn't. People know they didn't. So why not pick Barney and Thornton without an explanation, simply because they can do it?
Of course they could have just left out Barney and Thornton with no explanation. But why leave it there because it makes the PDC look like the bad guys, they got Klaasen and Thornton to issue statements saying it was their choice to pull out and this makes the PDC look better.

What part of this are people struggling to understand?
If the majority of the darts fans can be misled with this, then it's a good move probably.
You could argue that Barney was/is simply a better (tv-)player than Klaasen (and Taylor is a better choice than Wade). Almost all darts fans would probably agree. But picking Thornton over Wright cannot be defended with whatever reasoning possible.
To be fair, it was Thornton who saved Ando's ass at the World Cup last year, but you have a point. I think consistency is needed. Pick every team by the rankings, or pick the 2 best players of every nation.

As for the English team, I'm really not sure what would be the best pairing. Neither of the 3/4 players are in great form. I dare say that it's possible that Wade and Chisnall would make the best team right now. But it's a close race between those 4. The Premier League will help us decide.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Anderson and Wright appeared to have no issue at the end of their semi-final so I think it's probably done and dusted.
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Murphio wrote:Anderson and Wright appeared to have no issue at the end of their semi-final so I think it's probably done and dusted.
It was Mrs Wright who was the problem don't think Gary or Peter had an issue with each other

Bloody women

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
Is that Jim's brother?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:Anderson and Wright appeared to have no issue at the end of their semi-final so I think it's probably done and dusted.
That's a tasty looking pairing there, they'd have to be favorites or maybe just second
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

nikkiboy wrote:
That's a tasty looking pairing there, they'd have to be favorites or maybe just second
If Barney cares, the Netherlands should be the favorite, but they have to play England in the semis which is a tough battle.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: PDC World Cup of Darts rule change

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Agreed. 32 teams at random. Countries drawn at random.

As follows.

Peter Hudson & Paul Nicholson - Holland
Kyle Anderson & Andy Boulton - Swaziland
Jermaine Wattimena & Jeffrey De Graaf - Micronesia
Ted Evetts & Andrew Gilding - Mali
Dave Chisnall & William O'Connor - Bosnia
Dirk Van Duijvenbode & Berry Van Peer - Slovenia
Jelle Klaasen & Stephen Bunting - Uzbekistan
Ian White & Brendan Dolan - Wales
Jim Walker & Phil Taylor - Jamaica
Alan Tabern & Jamie Robinson - Comoros
Gerwyn Price & Vincent Van Der Voort - Turks and Caicos
Nathan Aspinall & Joe Murnan - Lithuania
Mike de Dekker & Jan Dekker - San Marino
Daryl Gurney & Corey Cadby - Columbia
John Michael & Simon Stevenson - South Korea
Mark Barilli & Gary Anderson - Poland
Max Hopp & Kim Huybrechts - Samoa
Jason Wilson & Peter Wright - Guinea-Bissau
Mark Walsh & John Bowles - Mongolia
Robert Thornton & Joe Cullen - Russia
Steve West & Justin Pipe - Uganda
Lee Palfreyman & Ron Meulenkamp - Kosovo
Wes Newton & Mensur Suljovic - Pakistan
Mark Webster & Yordi Meeuwisse - Thailand
Steve Beaton & James Wilson - Andorra
Michael Van Gerwen & Jason Lovett - Morocco
Nathan Derry & John Henderson - New Zealand
Adrian Lewis & Kim Viljanen - Chad
Prakash Jiwa & Mervyn King - Belarus
Jamie Caven & Nigel Heydon - Nepal
Alan Norris & Mark Frost - Malta
UKDA 4 Life
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Far more watchable
UKDA 4 Life
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Actually a pairs event with the top 64 players, (either random drawn or 1st paired with 64th, 2nd with 63th etc) would be great to watch. But no problem at all with the way the World Cup is.