BDO World Darts Trophy 2017

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

Will the WDT 2017 be on telly or streamed?

Telly
18%
Streamed
42%
Neither
24%
Don't know
16%

Total votes: 45

nikkiboy
International

Re: BDO World Darts Trophy 2017

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Absolute zero mention of this on any of the Unilad FB pages. Then again, they did pick the wrong day to be announcing it...
Because of Roger Moore dying?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He was the best Bond and I wont hear a word said otherwise.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Absolute zero mention of this on any of the Unilad FB pages. Then again, they did pick the wrong day to be announcing it...
Because of Roger Moore dying?
Stop it.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Yes although to what extent is unknown. FR have booked-in live sport on Friday night and Sunday afternoon.
So it IS on TV, but you said...... lol

Better than fek all but this cloak and dagger hush hush stuff really pisses people off
paid-for TV NIkki, Paid-for TV
All TV is paid for Skewy
FFS Nikki, stop being pedantic or thick. WHichever it is, please stop :grin:
What?

Are you sure that they haven't secured a sponsor to pay for it?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:He was the best Bond and I wont hear a word said otherwise.
Plus his name has been an ethos of yours, allegedly :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:He was the best Bond and I wont hear a word said otherwise.
Plus his name has been an ethos of yours, allegedly :)
It was for a few years, aye.

He used to go on the Jonathan Ross talk show when he was still on the BBC, was always good for a laugh even into his late 70s and 80s.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO World Darts Trophy 2017

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:This is all great news, but the fact remains no one is buying tickets and putting money into the event.
This is going to cost them a tidy sum.
its not great news and by believing it is you are falling into the classic BDO trap of 'something is better than nothing' style of annoucments'
The BDO is heading for the dustheap at an alarming rate. Remember this was on EuroSport once.
Last year it was on one of the country's biggest FTA channels available to everyone on TV...
An excellent celebration of the achievement of having this event on that channel.

I'm very confident this is the sort of thing you were saying at the time too. I'd be very surprised if you were derogatory about it back then....
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:This is all great news, but the fact remains no one is buying tickets and putting money into the event.
its not great news and by believing it is you are falling into the classic BDO trap of 'something is better than nothing' style of annoucments'
The BDO is heading for the dustheap at an alarming rate. Remember this was on EuroSport once.
Last year it was on one of the country's biggest FTA channels available to everyone on TV...
An excellent celebration of the achievement of having this event on that channel.

I'm very confident this is the sort of thing you were saying at the time too. I'd be very surprised if you were derogatory about it back then....
Enough chasing of me, do you still think...
Rout wrote: They are playing roulette with 50k.
??
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:

The day before Dave was announced he was busy arguing with me that Dave would never ever show the darts
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Chase me, chase me!!!!
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Not chasing just doing a Ginge and repeating what you said
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Not chasing just doing a Ginge and repeating what you said
"When Barney moved to the PDC they gave him a wildcard into ranking events"

;)
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Not chasing just doing a Ginge and repeating what you said
"When Barney moved to the PDC they gave him a wildcard into ranking events"

;)
They're still doing it or do you think Klaasen's operation timing was just a coincidence
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nick thinking the World Cup is a ranking event, there.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Perhaps it's time for our side of sport to cut its cloth to suit and all that , the old BBC deal was great , just as Eurosport was getting involved with BDO, EDO and even Jersey a certain party with his bullshite ruined all that .
Frontrunner are keen to grow our band and EDO are progressing nicely with them Selsey getting decent coverage in June , and hopefully a longer term guaranteed coverage will result .
Pleased the BDO are also using them on this occasion , perhaps they can work with EDO and realise we occasionally do bring something to the table , our directors the business people you rarely hear about saw through Delux at an early stage and brought Frontrunner to the table .
If we work together we can improve if the in fighting of the last few years continue .....we will fail .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:Perhaps it's time for our side of sport to cut its cloth to suit and all that , the old BBC deal was great , just as Eurosport was getting involved with BDO, EDO and even Jersey a certain party with his bullshite ruined all that .
Frontrunner are keen to grow our band and EDO are progressing nicely with them Selsey got decent coverage in June , and hopefully a longer term guaranteed coverage will result .
Pleased the BDO are also using them on this occasion , perhaps they can work with EDO and realise we occasionally do bring something to the table , our directors the business people you rarely hear about saw through Delux at an early stage and brought Frontrunner to the table .
If we work together we can improve if the in fighting of the last few years continue .....we will fail .
I think its too convenient to blame Warren brown for Eurosport not showing darts anymore, they had just been taken over by Discovery Communications , its perfectly possible they were going to ditch darts coverage anyway . Their standards seem to have improved, the snooker coverage on there these days is about ten times better than it was a few years back, they may have deemed a Parrack/Battersby production as too amateurish for their channel.

What all this proves is that the PDC dominate the modern darts broadcasting landscape and outside of one event (Lakeside) , everyone else on that side of the divide either has to give away its coverage for free, or pay for it. That isnt going to be changing anytime soon.
Big Jock Knew
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

bdo are on the up and up.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As an aside, Im looking forward to reading the live comments on the Unilad site as thie live stream If you thought the comments John Parrack had on his streams were bad... :D :D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:As an aside, Im looking forward to reading the live comments on the Unilad site as thie live stream If you thought the comments John Parrack had on his streams were bad... :D :D
No only forums have bad comments
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:As an aside, Im looking forward to reading the live comments on the Unilad site as thie live stream If you thought the comments John Parrack had on his streams were bad... :D :D
No only forums have bad comments
:D

Unilad are going to rip it to shreds. Guaranteed. Oche will be fighting a losing battle on there....
Big Jock Knew