Ticket Allocations

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Re: Ticket Allocations

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

deadlydiego wrote:Hi

How would I go about getting 8 tickets for a competition to be sat together? I normally go on two separate trips a year but this year we're looking at going to the same one for the Grand Prix. I know the normal allowance of 6 tickets per person is usually in effect. Anybody managed to get around this scenario?

Regards

Marc

You may be able to get 8 tickets for the Grand Prix anyway
deadlydiego
Steady Sixties

Post by deadlydiego »

Ginge wrote:

How would I go about getting 8 tickets for a competition to be sat together? I normally go on two separate trips a year but this year we're looking at going to the same one for the Grand Prix. I know the normal allowance of 6 tickets per person is usually in effect. Anybody managed to get around this scenario?

Regards

Marc
Trying to drag this thread back on topic - did you use two computers/accounts as suggested?
Hi Ginge

The tickets for the World Grand Prix I dont think are out until March but the PDC usually go with a 6 ticket per account policy.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

deadlydiego wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Regards

Marc
Trying to drag this thread back on topic - did you use two computers/accounts as suggested?
Hi Ginge

The tickets for the World Grand Prix I dont think are out until March but the PDC usually go with a 6 ticket per account policy.
What sessions are you after? The ones earlier in the week I cant see you having an issue with, the aircraft hanger they use is a ridiculous size to hold this event in. The sooner they ship this event off to Germany, the better.
Big Jock Knew
deadlydiego
Steady Sixties

Post by deadlydiego »

Ginge wrote:
deadlydiego wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Regards

Marc
Hi Ginge

What sessions are you after? The ones earlier in the week I cant see you having an issue with, the aircraft hanger they use is a ridiculous size to hold this event in. The sooner they ship this event off to Germany, the better.
Normally go for quarter finals night which is the Thursday mate.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

deadlydiego wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Regards

Marc
Hi Ginge

6 tickets per account is not entirely correct.
For the Matchplay in Blackpool tables seat 8 and you could buy 8 tickets in one order. Therefore it will entirely be based upon the number of seats per table.
deadlydiego
Steady Sixties

Post by deadlydiego »

fling wrote:
deadlydiego wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Regards

Marc
Hi Ginge

6 tickets per account is not entirely correct.
For the Matchplay in Blackpool tables seat 8 and you could buy 8 tickets in one order. Therefore it will entirely be based upon the number of seats per table.
Cheers for the response Fling, didnt even think of that reasoning. Think the seating is 8 per table at the Citywest, so maybe ok. Much appreciated
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Re tickets for the matchplay.

Went to the wintergardens box office today. All tickets sold out apart from Sunday afternoon (I bought 2) and Monday night! We are in February. Never been like this in my memory. Tables, balcony and standing all gone in most sessions.

talk all you want about the pdc pretending venues are sold out or how touts buy the tickets. This bubble is not bursting at the moment.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Ticket Allocations

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Re tickets for the matchplay.

Went to the wintergardens box office today. All tickets sold out apart from Sunday afternoon (I bought 2) and Monday night! We are in February. Never been like this in my memory. Tables, balcony and standing all gone in most sessions.

talk all you want about the pdc pretending venues are sold out or how touts buy the tickets. This bubble is not bursting at the moment.
But but but but the touts will have bought them all and the venue will be empty!!!
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I have never seen anyone say the matchplay will or might suffer or decline. If there's any truth in the bubble bursting theory then that would be the last event to feel it.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Rout wrote:I have never seen anyone say the matchplay will or might suffer or decline. If there's any truth in the bubble bursting theory then that would be the last event to feel it.
Why? A good number of folks going for the darts rather than the party atmosphere? Could be something in that.

But tickets have never sold like this in my memory (I go every year). Only 2 sessions available Feb?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

devosteve wrote:
Rout wrote:I have never seen anyone say the matchplay will or might suffer or decline. If there's any truth in the bubble bursting theory then that would be the last event to feel it.
Why? A good number of folks going for the darts rather than the party atmosphere? Could be something in that.

But tickets have never sold like this in my memory (I go every year). Only 2 sessions available Feb?
Missed last year because of a family wedding in Cyprus, and missing this year, due to going to Vegas for the WSOD the previous week, but have to say, this along with the Glasgow PL nights are my favourites, but the the last time I was there in 2015, from the Friday to final night on the Sunday, was the first time I heard the Toure chants at the Winter Gardens, in all the time I have attended the Matchplay.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

devosteve wrote:
Why?
Its just got a lot going for it.

- Generally considered the best atmosphere at any PDC event by a mile.
- Location - Ooop north, in the heart of a massive darting county. Always more likely to get more purist dart fans to attend.
- The venue itself, rather than being out in the sticks or isolated like many darts venues, is right, slap bang in the centre of a town known for a vibrant nightlife. You fall out of the venue right into it.
- The event has long history and meaning. The title is a biggie that all the big players want to win badly. That makes it more appealing and watchable. It makes for a better spectacle and therefore better atmosphere. Therefore people will want to watch the darts and be engaged in it more than most other PDC events. Its a very respected title to hold and rightly so.
- Perfectly sized. Arenas and Ally pally are good for making money on ticket sales but what you lose is intimacy that makes it special.
- Not a rip off. Tickets are usually a fair price, especially early doors, the drinks are decent value for an "event". You feel like you get good value for money at this one.
- Good time of year. There's an appetite for a big tournie by this point. 4 and a half months since the last major tournie. Height of summer so more appeal in attending and making a weekend of it by the seaside.

You can't say even half that about any other event.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Superb post Rout.