Ticket Allocations

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
deadlydiego
Steady Sixties

Ticket Allocations

Post by deadlydiego »

Hi

How would I go about getting 8 tickets for a competition to be sat together? I normally go on two separate trips a year but this year we're looking at going to the same one for the Grand Prix. I know the normal allowance of 6 tickets per person is usually in effect. Anybody managed to get around this scenario?

Regards

Marc
Ginge
International

Re: Ticket Allocations

Post by Ginge »

Do two separate orders from nearby computers selecting seats near each other?
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Pretend you are a tout and buy sh1t loads. Sell any surplus on at a massive profit, with the full blessing of the tournament organisers.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

deadlydiego wrote:Hi

How would I go about getting 8 tickets for a competition to be sat together? I normally go on two separate trips a year but this year we're looking at going to the same one for the Grand Prix. I know the normal allowance of 6 tickets per person is usually in effect. Anybody managed to get around this scenario?

Regards

Marc

So easy answer come to the Brit ints I'm sure we can find room for you :)
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Ticket Allocations

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:

Regards

Marc

Room for another 209 at the moment. Thought we had to be quick because they were "flying off the shelves"?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote:Pretend you are a tout and buy sh1t loads. Sell any surplus on at a massive profit, with the full blessing of the tournament organisers.
Fills a supply and if people are stupid enough to pay well over face value then they deserve to be fleeced.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Regards

Marc

Room for another 209 at the moment. Thought we had to be quick because they were "flying off the shelves"?
Based on Ginge's figures there are only 9 left then after the weekend and players and officials tickets not allocated yet 6 youth, 6 ladies 12 men , 4 officials x 3 that's another 84 , looks like being a nice little crowd and another announcement to come on Thursday this week .
Looks like this event coming together nicely .
At £25 a ticket helps the balance sheet as well , working with another sponsor rooms 4 groups paying dividends as well , the main hotel has a few rooms left then we will use the overspill hotel , which is also walking distance from the venue.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote: Based on Ginge's figures there are only 9 left then.
So why can I currently buy 203 tickets through your website then if some of those are being allocated elsewhere? Surely you should only be putting on sale the amount you can fit in the room after other allocations under Health and Safety regulations? ;)

What if someone comes along now and buys 200, does he not get the majority of the people in?
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:Pretend you are a tout and buy sh1t loads. Sell any surplus on at a massive profit, with the full blessing of the tournament organisers.
Fills a supply and if people are stupid enough to pay well over face value then they deserve to be fleeced.
If carrying guns around was legal plenty would be stupid enough to do it.

Just because the general public are idiots doesn't make it acceptable.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:
So why can I currently buy 203 tickets through your website then if some of those are being allocated elsewhere? Surely you should only be putting on sale the amount you can fit in the room after other allocations under Health and Safety regulations? ;)

What if someone comes along now and buys 200, does he not get the majority of the people in?
Probably no definitely because of the capacity limit lol, we would never have thought of keeping players and officials tickets apart from general sale lol , thank you for your kind help sir!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

It also doesn't make it unacceptable. You can buy a three bedroom house in the valleys for £60k but if you go to Cardiff it's £150k, London £500k - they are all three bedroom houses but if someone wants to buy the London one they pay the premium for that, this is no different.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Probably no definitely because of the capacity limit lol, we would never have thought of keeping players and officials tickets apart from general sale lol , thank you for your kind help sir!
So you still have 200-ish tickets on general sale and not just "9 left then", thanks for confirming.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:

So you still have 200-ish tickets on general sale and not just "9 left then", thanks for confirming.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Our good fiend JC said only 14 would watch , now Ginge struggling to understand why people would pay to watch lol, I'm enjoying this .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Where am I struggling to understand why people would pay to watch? :?

Merely pointing out the tickets are not "flying off the shelves" as you have claimed. Neither is there only 9 tickets left as you have claimed, last time I looked it was 203. Then again, the BDO would have killed for 75 tickets sold in 5 days at the Masters, so you are doing better than them :D
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Regards

Marc
Trying to drag this thread back on topic - did you use two computers/accounts as suggested?
Big Jock Knew
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

You are unlikely to need multiple accounts as there is usually no limit per account.
However it would still be difficult to select 2 sets of seats next to each other on separate computers and both sets of tickets being available when trying to process the orders.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

It also doesn't make it unacceptable. You can buy a three bedroom house in the valleys for £60k but if you go to Cardiff it's £150k, London £500k - they are all three bedroom houses but if someone wants to buy the London one they pay the premium for that, this is no different.
What is acceptable is the right of the consumer to decide. You think it is. I think it isnt. Forums are good.

Who do you think would win if we took a straw poll of the country and asked if people see it as acceptable for an organisation that sells tickets for events it organises to gain extra income from a third party website that encourages people to purchase tickets to events and then sell them on at a profit?

Do you think more than 50% would pick unacceptable or acceptable?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

What is acceptable is the right of the consumer to decide. You think it is. I think it isnt. Forums are good.

Who do you think would win if we took a straw poll of the country and asked if people see it as acceptable for an organisation that sells tickets for events it organises to gain extra income from a third party website that encourages people to purchase tickets to events and then sell them on at a profit?

Do you think more than 50% would pick unacceptable or acceptable?
It's the industry standard though and again down to personal choice, if a ticket that should cost £30 is now £60 then I just won't buy it, £32 or £35 I might.

One of my customers, comes in most days is in his late sixties and sent of £49 for this limited edition pocket watch he saw in the paper, cut a long story short it never arrived and he asked me to ring the company and try and sort it. I did and the watch arrived a few days later, he came in today and showed me this watch. Now I used to wholesale watches and this item cost approximately $2 - $3 to import and would wholesale at £5 retail at £10.
When I saw it I wanted to tell him that he'd been ripped off but he was actually over the moon that to him he'd got a £150 RRP watch for £49.
Point being that items are worth what the consumer values them at and what they are willing to pay, he was happy he got value for money even though I knew he'd paid over the odds.
If the pdc just sold them to darts geeks some people would miss out, some of these people who are buying them from ticket sites are, in their opinion, getting value because they wouldn't otherwise ever go to a darts match.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Touting happens and is tough to avoid.

It would happen whether or not the pdc involved themselves or not.

Partnering themselves with sites that encouraging touting is plain wrong. There is no good reason for it other than greed.

That's the bit that's wrong and the bit you aren't really acknowledging.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.