Winmau Scottish Open 2017

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: Winmau Scottish Open 2017

Post by ifm »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:Well I hope he got punished for it...oh hang on...

Can't be arsed to look for the specific moment but the comments confirm it, admonish away fanboys.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

No mock outrage here. But still not great he did that. For many though a non issue.

But what I find interesting are the comments that cliff L did that to jocky so it's okay. That attitude sums up a problem for the 'bdo' side of the game: It was okay in the 1980's so it should be okay today!

We are not in the 1980's but maybe some aspects of darts still is. Like the guy making this sign when live on the net at a major open?

Symptomatic of a problem re attitude in the bdo?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:No mock outrage here. But still not great he did that. For many though a non issue.

But what I find interesting are the comments that cliff L did that to jocky so it's okay. That attitude sums up a problem for the 'bdo' side of the game: It was okay in the 1980's so it should be okay today!

We are not in the 1980's but maybe some aspects of darts still is. Like the guy making this sign when live on the net at a major open?

Just WOW, seriously what do you see when you read that back??
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

devosteve wrote:No mock outrage here. But still not great he did that. For many though a non issue.

Devo you would have swept the issue under the carpet if its the PDC. People still flick the bord today that hasn't died
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge getting owned by a guy who is crapping into a bed pan. When will his shocker end?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Winmau Scottish Open 2017

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:

Devo you would have swept the issue under the carpet if its the PDC. People still flick the bord today that hasn't died
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Deta vs Maria was an excellent game. 1 hour later I watched a Icelandic girl vs a drunken Scottish blonde and not a leg under 30 darts lol

Madness but that's opens for you
Les Wallace?

Did you enjoy it Chris?
Chris would that be the one from Friday short black skirt , fishnets that I tried to set you up with . Good night on Friday meeting HTDJ and others.
Was funny with Lurgy seething lol
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

oche balboa wrote:

Not true. If a player had done that at a PDC event that was streamed and folks were defending him saying it doesn't matter then I would have found disagreed.

I said it's not a major issue.

my point is how it is defended because it happened in the 80 '. Does the bdo want to stay stuck in a time warp of the social club mentality of the 80's or move forward ?

Guy just needs a quiet word that's all.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:

Just WOW, seriously what do you see when you read that back??
Common sense and a good balanced post. Could have been more radical. Remember I am referring to folks saying it happened in the 80's so it is okay.

The same stuff still being said over in fanatic land defending Martin fitzs jokes that landed him in hot water. Hey he only said jokes that were said in the past in the labour club!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

It's all a bit mountain/molehill though. Have you watched it?
Right at the end 2hr 30 mins to 2 hrs 30 mins 30 secs.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Deta vs Maria was an excellent game. 1 hour later I watched a Icelandic girl vs a drunken Scottish blonde and not a leg under 30 darts lol

Madness but that's opens for you
Les Wallace?

Did you enjoy it Chris?
Chris would that be the one from Friday short black skirt , fishnets that I tried to set you up with . Good night on Friday meeting HTDJ and others.
Was funny with Lurgy seething lol

Haha. The very same

Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

ChrisW wrote:It's all a bit mountain/molehill though. Have you watched it?

absolutely no malice in that video whatsoever

i still cant believe anyone is offended by that.

really get a life
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Brett did thats why he is getting menzies details and forwarding it on to his place of work

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I think Ginge should give this place a break for a while........well at least until Ian has less time on his hands.......he's getting completely caned, it's embarrassing to watch.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Stranbougie wrote:
ChrisW wrote:It's all a bit mountain/molehill though. Have you watched it?

absolutely no malice in that video whatsoever

i still cant believe anyone is offended by that.

really get a life
Now I've seen the clip I can clearly see this is nothing to write home about, I see Devo Steve is wetting his knickers in a vain attempt to discredit this worthy winner as he briefly acknowledged his friend in the crowd.......same he's not as consistent in his views for non markers,...... :omg:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

When it suits a stream from an open is watched by 10 people - amateur etc etc.

When it suits it's comparable to national tv coverage with players who call themselves professionals.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It truly was a disgrace. In a room where no doubt children were in attendance and with the eyes of the world watching...hopefully Uncle Des and Auntie Paula hand down the biggest sanction possible.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:It truly was a disgrace. In a room where no doubt children were in attendance and with the eyes of the world watching...hopefully Uncle Des and Auntie Paula hand down the biggest sanction possible.
Ginge it's not working.......you're floggng a dead horse, remember I have met you.....0/10
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:It truly was a disgrace. In a room where no doubt children were in attendance and with the eyes of the world watching...hopefully Uncle Des and Auntie Paula hand down the biggest sanction possible.
Ginge it's not working.......you're floggng a dead horse, remember I have met you.....0/10
Then you will know that I thrive on proper discipline.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Then you will know that I thrive on proper discipline.
:grin:

You need therapy...........Conversion therapy :grin: