Darts lighting system approved by the WDF

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Admin
Site Admin/Mod

Darts lighting system approved by the WDF

Post by Admin »

Only just saw this:

The Vision 360 lighting system has been approved by the World Darts Federation for use across all WDF competitive events.

This is the first endorsement of its kind for equipment other than the dart board and the approval will provide lighting consistency across the world.

Bill Hatter, WDF President said “The WDF has tested and reviewed the Target Vision 360 lighting system. After reviewing the report on the rigorous testing it was a unanimous decision that the WDF would proudly endorse this product and look forward to a continued partnership with Target Darts.”

The approval is now live so all organisations playing within the World Darts Federation can use the Vision 360 in play with immediate effect.
Ginge
International

Re: Darts lighting system approved by the WDF

Post by Ginge »

Does this mean that all other lighting in all other events is now deemed to be unsanctioned and unapproved?

:D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

That is a very good point, all tournaments null and void! :)

Anyone played on one of these, interested to know what they're like?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:That is a very good point, all tournaments null and void! :)

Anyone played on one of these, interested to know what they're like?
Play on something very similar, the light is inside the surround. Very very good indeed. All the teams that come to play us are a bit wary at first but after a couple of throws they are all fine.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

What if a player...say Colin for instance cause I've seen him play, hits the light surround and it deflects and ends up in a scoring area of the board.....does it count?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote:What if a player...say Colin for instance cause I've seen him play, hits the light surround and it deflects and ends up in a scoring area of the board.....does it count?
Classed as an 'in off' shot. :)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

This is the worst version of this type of lighting ring, you have to remove 3 bolts to turn the board.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:This is the worst version of this type of lighting ring, you have to remove 3 bolts to turn the board.

Doesnt look like it, looks like the board sits in the bracket frame of the light

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_i ... oCf3rw_wcB

ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Maybe they have redesigned it but the one I looked at (set up in a shop) you needed to remove the ring to get at the board, maybe Tony M or drupid can comment as Cheshire have these on all boards.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

I played on one of these in that Target Pro Am pairs thing with Taylor a couple of years ago - was in a warehouse, so probably not the best test, but it seemed very, very good.

I understand that Target are about to launch a cheaper version?

This is it in use here..........

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:What if a player...say Colin for instance cause I've seen him play, hits the light surround and it deflects and ends up in a scoring area of the board.....does it count?
Classed as an 'in off' shot. :)
But does it count? Would Colin be giggling or crying?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

They had them in Vegas about 5 years ago and they were fine

Although oddly enough they haven't been seen since :-)
mc1958
Superleague Player

Post by mc1958 »

I doubt they had these in Vegas 5 years ago - Target only came up with them in 2015. Would it have been the circumluminator they were using? (think that's what it was called)

As for playing on them, I was at the same launch that Lee was at and several of us went down the pub afterwards and they had a couple set up there. I liked them a lot and was thinking of getting one, but after seeing how they attach to the board I decided against it. It looks like you need to unscrew it every time you want to rotate the board, and they are only compatible with the bog standard wall fittings you get free with the boards - they won't work with things like the Unicorn wall clamp or the Bulls rotating brackets unless you make some adjustments to them.

The Home Pro from Cultured Crafts in Ireland (now licensed by Unicorn as the Solar) is a much better option as you just take it down same as a normal surround when you need to rotate the board.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

play on the 360 in the boozer every monday, best light system ive played on.very bright, lights the full board perfectly

for visting teams it can take a bit of practise on it to get use to the light ring being there and how bright the board is. but still no one has hit the ring in the 6 months we have had it.

takes about 1 minute to loosen the 3 screws to get the ring off, so bout 3 minutes to spin the board.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Basgooner wrote:They had them in Vegas about 5 years ago and they were fine

Although oddly enough they haven't been seen since :-)
The board on the stage this year had it but as it was just used for semis and finals I never got near the fekker to have a good look.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

I wasn't specifically meaning a Target surround, no idea what make it was but they had 40+ boards with them on in Vegas

Nikkiboy I didn't reach the stage either alas, although reached the Semi Finals of the Pairs and lost to Darin Young and John Part

Plus a Semi Final in the Blind Pairs , which was a good crack
Bub
Pub Champion

Post by Bub »

One of the teams in our league has one of these. Bit odd to start with, but you soon get used to it and it provides a great light. One observation tho, my missus agrees it's fine when playing but as an epileptic finds the light a bit odd when watching from a certain angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Unicorn do a better one, fibre glass half tyre lookalike, very good and (slightly) cheaper, my pal owns a dart shop and he has a guy that knocks them up in his shed massively cheaper if anyone wants any I can hook you up.

Madsocks