2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Dannyboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Interesting debate on BDOF last night. Duzza suggesting he wont sign the contract if it includes the Semis have to come back clause and telling Noppert to do the same, Few people (Mace, Winstanley) suggesting there is nothing confirmed for Lakeside next year ("Cant really be anything else unless they pluck a new deal out of thin air! They 100% cant expect players to sign a contract that demands their return to an event thats not got a venue/sponsor/tv deal")

Its going to be a car crash if the arguments are starting now.
Have I stepped into a time machine and returned to 1993?

TV is guaranteed for this year then?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Dannyboy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Interesting debate on BDOF last night. Duzza suggesting he wont sign the contract if it includes the Semis have to come back clause and telling Noppert to do the same, Few people (Mace, Winstanley) suggesting there is nothing confirmed for Lakeside next year ("Cant really be anything else unless they pluck a new deal out of thin air! They 100% cant expect players to sign a contract that demands their return to an event thats not got a venue/sponsor/tv deal")

Well absolutely nothing has been announced or even mentioned yet
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

Why would anything need to be announced when a deal already exists?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

What? aside from the two year deal with channel 4 announced a year ago?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Dannyboy wrote:

Not quite, a little artistic licence has been used to interpret Duzzas words.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

Not quite, a little artistic licence has been used to interpret Duzzas words.
First quote

Paul James why do you keep mentioning semi final ? - if he doesn't sign contract p, does it matter where he finishes

Second quote

'Don't sign contract don't play' ... Thank God these dinosaurs are the minority

There was a third but it's been deleted where he answers someone saying if it's not right don't sign which is where the second quote comes from.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

What? aside from the two year deal with channel 4 announced a year ago?
We've been through this hundreds of times

I don't believe for one second c4 would give them a straight up 2 year deal. I still think it was a 1+1

It's already been said there is no gap for it on c4 programming announcements for January

C4 has not mentioned it once in any future sports adverts

The bdo are hardly shouting about the tournament being on channel 4 when it's the only decent tv deal left

If it ends up on 4seven or more 4 as it's been suggested then that is a different tv deal than what was announced last year.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Yes, announcing a 2 year deal doesn't mean that at all, i guess we should assume every press announcement ever made is a lie........

Madsocks
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

ifm wrote:Yes, announcing a 2 year deal doesn't mean that at all, i guess we should assume every press announcement ever made is a lie........
Of course commercial agreements are never broken or cancelled.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dannyboy wrote:
ifm wrote:Yes, announcing a 2 year deal doesn't mean that at all, i guess we should assume every press announcement ever made is a lie........
What on earth makes you think this one will be?

The only evidence is they have ordered another episodes of Countdown for 2018 to have one every weekday but even that means nowt, Countdown could be on at 1215 before the darts starts.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Dannyboy wrote:
So you should be speculating on the premiership rights too, the golf?
What about Wimbledon?
Absolutely stupid isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
What about Wimbledon?

Just to play a small devils advocate here but the BBC did terminate their contract to show the Open golf live a year early...
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Maybe the BDO have the right to cancel and are trying to get Lakeside back on BBC1 instead.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I'm very disappointed the Queens speech has been axed from tv schedules.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
What about Wimbledon?

Just to play a small devils advocate here but the BBC did terminate their contract to show the Open golf live a year early...
The point is that there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that this is not going to happen, it's just the usual wishful thinking of people that actually want the bdo to fail, which is irrational unless you talk to Nikkiboy

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
What about Wimbledon?

The point is that there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that this is not going to happen, it's just the usual wishful thinking of people that actually want the bdo to fail, which is irrational unless you talk to Nikkiboy

Well yes, the only scrap of evidence it might happen is the aforementioned Countdown thing but that can easily be shown at lunchtime.
No idea where this "1 year plus an option of 1 further year" theory has come from.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

In actual darts news Dave Pallett just missed double 18 for a 9er in Rileys Coventry.

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ifm wrote:In actual darts news Dave Pallett just missed double 18 for a 9er in Rileys Coventry.

What if Rileys Coventry closes before the end of the tournament? What then??
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Rout wrote:
ifm wrote:In actual darts news Dave Pallett just missed double 18 for a 9er in Rileys Coventry.

What if Rileys Coventry closes before the end of the tournament? What then??
The signed contract I insisted upon when I entered will be void.

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
What about Wimbledon?

and the Grand Prix contract was ended early.

and the Horse Racing

and Premiership rights have been in the past when ITV had then for On Digitial

NFL rights have been ended several times early by the BBC and Channel 4

As I said to IFM the deal specifically said
channel 4 has today announced a two-year deal with the British Darts Organisation that will see the broadcaster become the new terrestrial home of the BDO World Darts Championship from 2017-2018.

From January 2017 Channel 4 will broadcast live from Lakeside during the afternoon sessions of the men’s and women’s championships in addition to one of the semi-finals and the Women’s Final. All evening sessions will be aired on BT Sport alongside one of the semi-finals. The Men’s Final will air on both Channel 4 and BT.

All of the coverage from the Championships will be broadcast free-to-air on Channel 4 - with live coverage also available throughout the Championships on BT Sport.

Stephen Lyle, Commissioning Editor, Sport at Channel 4 said: “We are delighted to agree this deal which sees Channel 4 become the home of BDO Darts on terrestrial TV, adding another popular sport to our schedules and keeping it free-to-air for fans. The darts is a British sporting institution and we look forward to bringing our unique Channel 4 approach to coverage of the Championships.”

Sue Williams, Chairman of the BDO, said: “We took considerable care in selecting our broadcast partner and we are highly delighted that Channel 4 is that partner. Through its channels and BT Sport, all the sessions will be shown live with additional highlights shows and innovative content online. We were particularly pleased with Channel 4’s fresh approach and new ideas and the track record they have for this with other sports in their portfolio. We believe this will appeal to a broader demographic of viewers.

“This is an excellent partnership for the BDO, both commercially and in terms of the right strategic partner to further strengthen BDO darts.”Further details on Channel 4’s coverage and presenting line up for the 2017 BDO World Darts Championship will be announced in due course.

Channel 4 has a track record for innovative coverage of major sporting events, which most recently includes the FIA Formula One World Championship™, its BAFTA-winning coverage of the 2012 Paralympic Games, and its BAFTA-winning cricket coverage. In 2016, Channel 4 will also broadcast the Rio Paralympic Games and 90 days of live racing coverage including The Grand National, Royal Ascot and The Derby.
The bit in bold says Channel 4, if it ends up on More 4 or anything else then the original deal has been altered.