2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Canuck_bully »

Ginge wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:They should of given the BDO World Youth Champ a slot in the mens field as in the PDC, that way we would of seen JVT mixing it with the men this week, think it would of enhanced the tournament him replacing one of 70 average chuckers.
Been saying that since they started doing it. It's a blatantly obvious carrot to keep them on that side of the fence. Huge opportunity being missed.
Judging by his interview after I say he's not going to stick around to try qualify for Lakeside next year.
nevil22
Pub Champion

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by nevil22 »

When Deta throws her dart, you can see how similar it is to how Eric Bristows used to be before dartisis. She must have been influenced when they both played County darts for London
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

Canuck_bully wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:They should of given the BDO World Youth Champ a slot in the mens field as in the PDC, that way we would of seen JVT mixing it with the men this week, think it would of enhanced the tournament him replacing one of 70 average chuckers.
Been saying that since they started doing it. It's a blatantly obvious carrot to keep them on that side of the fence. Huge opportunity being missed.
Judging by his interview after I say he's not going to stick around to try qualify for Lakeside next year.
Because he is offered no incentive to do so .
Big Jock Knew
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Glad she won..Probably won't get away with the sloppy counting/darts v Ashton?
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Ginge wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
Ginge wrote:
What is the best route for him in the PDC...will he try Q School or can he play the development tour and is he free to try his hand at all the European tour events?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

No incentive, yet, Uncle Barry will be accused of stealing him away from the clutches of the BDO.

Great entertainment from both players, and hopefully both can continue to develop.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Deta must really improve for the next round - all over the place, missing singles, counting like Taylor etc...!

Still - congrats Deta Hedman! :DDDD:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

craigmc wrote:
Duterprat wrote:
craigmc wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Just got back from having a fantastic lunch at the Indian and catching up on the darts. Am only 3 legs in watching Van Tergouw against Heffernan, but what a 3 legs I have watched. 156, 87 and a 170 checkout. These kids are amazing. Kieran shaking like a leaf but still managed those two great checkouts. :DDDD:
Hope you don't get Ghandis Revenge?Indian for lunch and ale would only end badly for me
Tennents is a lager, so no problem there :DDD:
Yes very gassy lager. I was being bit general with the term ale.
That's me back to live coverage. Had a fantastic lunch. Chicken Chaat to start, Lamb Tikka Chilli Masala followed by ice cream and washed down with 3 pints of Tennents. Back at home with a couple of bottles of Stella watching the darts, before throwing some arrows in my darts room before watching tonight's action. If Carlsberg did days off, this would be pretty close. :grin:

Anyway back to the darts, that Youth final was fantastic, and a great advert for the BDO. Let's hope the senior players can live up to that standard.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Canuck_bully wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
Ginge wrote:
What is the best route for him in the PDC...will he try Q School or can he play the development tour and is he free to try his hand at all the European tour events?
Enter q-school play everything he can with the expectation of winning one match every senior tournament. Should do well on the development tour.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

So Conan Whitehead played 2 years on the PDC tour, never made it past the last 32 on the floor..now 1 game away from last 8 of the BDO worlds!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Canuck_bully wrote:So Conan Whitehead played 2 years on the PDC tour, never made it past the last 32 on the floor..now 1 game away from last 8 of the BDO worlds!

good thing to do though. If your not ready for the pDC then get a good grounding in the BDO system by playing lots of darts. It really is teh best route. And of course then gives us plenty to discuss in switching season.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Canuck_bully wrote:So Conan Whitehead played 2 years on the PDC tour, never made it past the last 32 on the floor..now 1 game away from last 8 of the BDO worlds!
You could use that same logic to say that Rob Cross played bdo and never qualified for anything major but romped the pdc world championships ;)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Conan the Whitehead popping off stage after winning the first set easily.
John Rawling
Brass Darts

Post by John Rawling »

I wouldn't mess with Conan! Rather you than me, mate! :)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

John Rawling wrote:I wouldn't mess with Conan! Rather you than me, mate! :)
Tell that to the person who wrote the promo on the BDO website
Mate
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Williams not finding his "primary first dart"
Incisive commentating
John Rawling
Brass Darts

Post by John Rawling »

We know Jim can throw superb darts - it's just not happening. His friends will all be saying 'why is he playing like this?'
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

nikkiboy wrote:
You could use that same logic to say that Rob Cross played bdo and never qualified for anything major but romped the pdc world championships ;)
So Cross went right from the BDO to the PDC main tour, yes?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Thursday 11th January

Justin van Tergouw (93.04) 3 (5) 1 (82.28) Killian Heffernan
Sharon Prins (73.90) 0 (3) 2 (78.15) Deta Hedman
Jim Williams vs Conan Whitehead
Trina Gulliver vs Aileen de Graff

Evening session

Fallon Sherrock vs Lisa Ashton
Martin Phillips vs Michael Unterbuchner
Anastasia Dobromyslova vs Lorraine Winstanley
Richard Veenstra vs Geert de Vos

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

nikkiboy wrote:
I guess, though doesn't look like Cross ever played the BDO tour as such (4 events in 2 years) in the way Conan had a real stab on the pro tour. If you look at Conans record it looks like he pretty much went straight into the PDC after playing a handful of BDO events (much like Cross), with vastly different success of course.

Anyway I wonder if Conans success this week will see him take another stab at Q School?