Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
nevil22 wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
I can't find a yearly overall money list for the PDC

But I would figure at least 20 people earnt over a 100K from the PDC in 2017 and its more than possible , given the money increases, that there will be more who achieve this figure in 2018.

Really is a mind boggling decision not to swap over now if you are a player of Duzza's ability
As I stated before, now officially SPINELESS MarkII
This is total and utter pish. It's easy for you to sit from behind a keyboard and pontificate on what someone else should do when it's not thousands of pounds (potentially 100k) of your money at stake. The man was willing to take a card last year if offered. He'd probably still take one. It's not his fault the PDC is demanding he go to Qschool and the Lakeside contract says he can't.
Then maybe it's the PDC who are at fault then, it's them with their strict QS criteria who are preventing Glen from going across.......at the end of the day the blokes got to earn a living somewhere.
There was an agreement reached between the two orgs which has allowed the BDO to lever the Lakeside contract against Qschool. It is obvious how the BDO has since benefited. There would have been no Durrant at Frimley Green this year but for it. What the PDC get out of it - I don't honestly know. It is a bit of a head scratcher.
You don't know for sure what Glen has in mind, reading his comments on social media over years it is very difficult to know his actually intentions. So what is this agreement you speak of Murph? can you show me a copy of it? I don't mean the BDO agreement I mean the one between the PDC and BDO.
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

PDC gets Jeff. Lakeside gets Glen.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:PDC gets Jeff. Lakeside gets Glen.
One Nil to the BDO......
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
nevil22 wrote:
This is total and utter pish. It's easy for you to sit from behind a keyboard and pontificate on what someone else should do when it's not thousands of pounds (potentially 100k) of your money at stake. The man was willing to take a card last year if offered. He'd probably still take one. It's not his fault the PDC is demanding he go to Qschool and the Lakeside contract says he can't.
Then maybe it's the PDC who are at fault then, it's them with their strict QS criteria who are preventing Glen from going across.......at the end of the day the blokes got to earn a living somewhere.
There was an agreement reached between the two orgs which has allowed the BDO to lever the Lakeside contract against Qschool. It is obvious how the BDO has since benefited. There would have been no Durrant at Frimley Green this year but for it. What the PDC get out of it - I don't honestly know. It is a bit of a head scratcher.
You don't know for sure what Glen has in mind, reading his comments on social media over years it is very difficult to know his actually intentions. So what is this agreement you speak of Murph? can you show me a copy of it?
No. I'd have to shoot you and I don't want that.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote: This is total and utter pish. It's easy for you to sit from behind a keyboard and pontificate on what someone else should do when it's not thousands of pounds (potentially 100k) of your money at stake. The man was willing to take a card last year if offered. He'd probably still take one. It's not his fault the PDC is demanding he go to Qschool and the Lakeside contract says he can't.
You don't know for sure what Glen has in mind, reading his comments on social media over years it is very difficult to know his actually intentions. So what is this agreement you speak of Murph? can you show me a copy of it?
I'm well aware of the BDO contract but what was actually agreed between the PDC and BDO? If the PDC really wanted too they could change their criteria and accept who they wanted, they did it in the past. You can't put all the blame on the BDO as they are only trying to protect their interests, the PDC are just as much to blame for having a time restrictive qualifying criteria.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Then maybe it's the PDC who are at fault then, it's them with their strict QS criteria who are preventing Glen from going across.......at the end of the day the blokes got to earn a living somewhere.
I'm well aware of the BDO contract but what was actually agreed between the PDC and BDO? If the PDC really wanted too they could change their criteria and accept who they wanted, they did it in the past. You can't put all the blame on the BDO as they are only trying to protect their interests, the PDC are just as much to blame for having a time restrictive qualifying criteria.
I agree.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:It's been good in the latter stages but the likes of Paddy and ifm are a bit too desperate about it all......the matches have been good....we all know none of these players would challenge to win the Title at Ally Pally ...so why try to say otherwise.....just enjoy this for what it is...good competive matches in the second division world title.....it's ok to enjoy both you know
Zzzzzzzzzzz
Why do you have to do it?
Can't you just admit it was a brilliant day of darts and prepare yourself for todays trollfest?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

Murphio wrote:
nevil22 wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Duzza on course to trouser £100k, how many took that home at the pdc worlds?

But I would figure at least 20 people earnt over a 100K from the PDC in 2017 and its more than possible , given the money increases, that there will be more who achieve this figure in 2018.

Really is a mind boggling decision not to swap over now if you are a player of Duzza's ability
I left a job i really liked last March to join another company. With the new company i am earning a substantial amount more. Any person would do exactly the same as me, as the reason people work is for the money. Spineless MkII has turned down that opportunity the same as MkI did. Afraid to pit himself against the best.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

nevil22 wrote:
Murphio wrote:
nevil22 wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Duzza on course to trouser £100k, how many took that home at the pdc worlds?

I left a job i really liked last March to join another company. With the new company i am earning a substantial amount more. Any person would do exactly the same as me, as the reason people work is for the money. Spineless MkII has turned down that opportunity the same as MkI did. Afraid to pit himself against the best.
Rubbish. He practically begged Barry Hearn for a card last year. You don't do that if you are 'afraid'. He isn't prepared to walk away from a potential 100k - I am going to hazard a guess and say that when you left your job you didnt either.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

nevil22 wrote:[I left a job i really liked last March to join another company. With the new company i am earning a substantial amount more. Any person would do exactly the same as me, as the reason people work is for the money. Spineless MkII has turned down that opportunity the same as MkI did. Afraid to pit himself against the best.
To be fair, there is the little difference that you don't have to beat a bunch of co-workers to get paid, and that you don't earn less when you have bad day at the office every now and then.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Nevil, the difference is you are guaranteed a set wage in your new job, any dart player is not guaranteed anything !
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidB wrote:Nevil, the difference is you are guaranteed a set wage in your new job, any dart player is not guaranteed anything !
And for Glen a switch opens up the possibility of a legal battle to get his winnings
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

DavidB wrote:Nevil, the difference is you are guaranteed a set wage in your new job, any dart player is not guaranteed anything !
Not only that - imagine if your employer had the ability to withold/recoup everything you had earned from them in the last year. Some of the views on this are utterly bizarre - it's very easy to tell other people what to do when it's not your money at stake.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

trotter wrote:It's been good in the latter stages but the likes of Paddy and ifm are a bit too desperate about it all......the matches have been good....we all know none of these players would challenge to win the Title at Ally Pally ...so why try to say otherwise.....just enjoy this for what it is...good competive matches in the second division world title.....it's ok to enjoy both you know
Trotter not liking the fact that members are enjoying watching BDO darts there........... seething, second rate darts my arse.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Found it a little amusing reading on fb yesterday (by a poster some will know) that yesterday's action was the greatest in TV history.

when challenged with some pdc examples poster said he never watches pdc darts. Err so how would he know it was the greatest if he doesn't watch (say for the last 10yrs) 90% of televised darts.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

devosteve wrote:Found it a little amusing reading on fb yesterday (by a poster some will know) that yesterday's action was the greatest in TV history.

when challenged with some pdc examples poster said he never watches pdc darts. Err so how would he know it was the greatest if he doesn't watch (say for the last 10yrs) 90% of televised darts.
It was so great there wasn’t a single word about it in today’s Daily Mirror.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Dannyboy wrote:
devosteve wrote:Found it a little amusing reading on fb yesterday (by a poster some will know) that yesterday's action was the greatest in TV history.

It was so great there wasn’t a single word about it in today’s Daily Mirror.
Just the results in the daily mail.

wonder if the press barons are suppressing the ground breaking, history making, greatest ever day of TV coverage?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Devo you obviously upset that some people have enjoyed watching yesterday. It doesnt matter if the person (Who i know) watches PDC darts or not its his damn opinion

Why do you want to downgrade everything because PDC may have had 2 100 averages? You truly are a nasty darting bigot
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Duzza/2 Hotty the final in all but name?

Fancy Mrs. Bag Carrier today. Bookies have her as the outsider. Have they watched the tournament?
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

WOW WTF is going on here? We saw some good and entertaining matches! Not the highest standard (Mr. Durrant :DDDD: ) but some great moments! :CCCCC: :headbang:

Saying the greatest day of darts on tv is completely bonkers but so is degrading this fine matches.
Point scoring for the sake of it...... :banghead: