2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Paddy McGinty »

oche balboa wrote:
devosteve wrote:Found it a little amusing reading on fb yesterday (by a poster some will know) that yesterday's action was the greatest in TV history.

when challenged with some pdc examples poster said he never watches pdc darts. Err so how would he know it was the greatest if he doesn't watch (say for the last 10yrs) 90% of televised darts.

Devo you obviously upset that some people have enjoyed watching yesterday. It doesnt matter if the person (Who i know) watches PDC darts or not its his damn opinion

Why do you want to downgrade everything because PDC may have had 2 100 averages? You truly are a nasty darting bigot
It was a great day in darting history, BDO darts is just so much more entertaining than the chav alternative. Anyone reading here can see the enthusiasm generated by this iconic tournament, thousands of pages........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

slymaster wrote:WOW WTF is going on here? We saw some good and entertaining matches! Not the highest standard (Mr. Durrant :DDDD: ) but some great moments! :CCCCC: :headbang:

Saying the greatest day of darts on tv is completely bonkers but so is degrading this fine matches.
Point scoring for the sake of it...... :banghead:
If the PDC had something on their level....You would be saying its the greatest day
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
devosteve wrote:Found it a little amusing reading on fb yesterday (by a poster some will know) that yesterday's action was the greatest in TV history.

when challenged with some pdc examples poster said he never watches pdc darts. Err so how would he know it was the greatest if he doesn't watch (say for the last 10yrs) 90% of televised darts.

Devo you obviously upset that some people have enjoyed watching yesterday. It doesnt matter if the person (Who i know) watches PDC darts or not its his damn opinion

Why do you want to downgrade everything because PDC may have had 2 100 averages? You truly are a nasty darting bigot
It was a great day in darting history, BDO darts is just so much more entertaining than the chav alternative. Anyone reading here can see the enthusiasm generated by this iconic tournament, thousands of pages........
:DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

oche balboa wrote:

+1
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

I think you'll find the learned fellow was asking the question rather than stating that it was.
UKDA 4 Life
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

It was so great there wasn’t a single word about it in today’s Daily Mirror.
Just the results in the daily mail.

wonder if the press barons are suppressing the ground breaking, history making, greatest ever day of TV coverage?
It's across all the media platforms, why don't you try trolling BDOF?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

oche balboa wrote:
slymaster wrote:WOW WTF is going on here? We saw some good and entertaining matches! Not the highest standard (Mr. Durrant :DDDD: ) but some great moments! :CCCCC: :headbang:

Saying the greatest day of darts on tv is completely bonkers but so is degrading this fine matches.
Point scoring for the sake of it...... :banghead:
If the PDC had something on their level....You would be saying its the greatest day
Nope, because it was definitely not imo. Drama does not mean quality.
Maybe the drama was there because of not so fine finishing (39%, 32%, 30%, 28%) etc...

Did you read my lines and got the impression I was dissing the BDO, the players?
I said - good, entertaining, great moments, fine matches.........!!!!!
What is wrong with you?! If you think that these matches, while ignoring the quality, were the best ever..."fair" enough.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

DavidB wrote:Nevil, the difference is you are guaranteed a set wage in your new job, any dart player is not guaranteed anything !
If that is how Glen thinks as well then he definitely has no ambition or belief whatsoever......I'm sure he doesn't feel that way
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Was that Corey Cadby in the practice room?
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

Waites in the practice room...practicing
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

C'mon Ana!
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Commentary team of John Rawling, Vassos and Deta.....think il be listening to some Slade instead.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:Was that Corey Cadby in the practice room?
Yes, I said the other day he was there.
I think he is at the pdc awards tonight then onto q school.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Madsocks
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

Wow, Anastasia hammering it, nice darts
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Impressive stuff from Anastasia! :DDDD:
17-17-14
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Great start by Ana, nailing those doubles!
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ifm wrote:
trotter wrote:It's been good in the latter stages but the likes of Paddy and ifm are a bit too desperate about it all......the matches have been good....we all know none of these players would challenge to win the Title at Ally Pally ...so why try to say otherwise.....just enjoy this for what it is...good competive matches in the second division world title.....it's ok to enjoy both you know
Zzzzzzzzzzz
Why do you have to do it?
Can't you just admit it was a brilliant day of darts and prepare yourself for todays trollfest?
Because I'm honest...you know I like Lakeside and the games have got better and it was a brilliant day of darts......it's just a response against those who say it's the best ever..that it's better than Ally Pally when it clearly isn't.....good close matches..excellent standard and very entertaining....but it's still the second division world title which I have no problems with
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Great first set, 93 average each!
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

ifm wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:Was that Corey Cadby in the practice room?
Yes, I said the other day he was there.
I think he is at the pdc awards tonight then onto q school.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cheers, thought that might be the reason he was there.

Ana smashing the first set, though this should have a few twists in it....
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Addicks Fan wrote:Great start by Ana, nailing those doubles!
Hopefully she wins...the BDO missed a huge chance years ago when she first won along with Mark Webster.....that should have been the genuine new era with 2 young marketable champions and the didn't do anything....and have paid for it ever since