2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
markymark
County Player

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by markymark »

TheSandman wrote:Nico needs go stop trying to be the new sid.

Vassos is just fekkin awful.

Need to mute both
Agree on both. Nicholson has regressed, maybe not being produced tightly enough.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

trotter wrote:
devosteve wrote:Cracking final.

I do find it amusing that there are posters who call folks who they deem to be anti bdo, bigots (yes that term is used), haters and trolls etc yet some of those very posters criticise and knock ladies darts. Double standards? 2 faced?

Always like ladies darts. Usp For the bdo.
Yes that was a good match....but my feeling is the BDO have a decent product in the men if they could market it properly and that having to have the ladies in the same package for everything makes it far harder to sell to any major TV station....
I have no problem with folks not liking ladies darts. No problem with folks having a preference (eg bdo preferred more than pdc). It is when we are dealing with facts.

For example, even though I am a fan of ladies darts and have watched most of it and more than I have the men's action) I have to disagree with folk who say it is as good as the men's game.

now you have said you enjoy bdo mens darts but it isn't as high a standard as pdc. People may prefer bdo but you are clearly stating a fact.

my point with above post?

If the posters who have 'attacked' you for stating your view (pdc superior to bdo ) would you agree with me that they are hypocrites if they have slated ladies darts for not being as good as mens (that is the men's is superior)?

Using their own logic they are trolls, haters and bigots for comparing the ladies with the men.

Anyway, playing darts, checking footie scores and listening to the boomtown rats.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Impressive from Durrant. Now he is staying so many of the others should consider leaving as he will no doubt take a huge percentage of 2018 and beyonds prize funds. The other players must have been gutted yesterday when he came back and won.
footballafc
Steady Sixties

Post by footballafc »

Durrant did the one more time thing yesterday as well - confused me.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Damned, hoped he would hit the 9er.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Congrats to Mr. Durrant! Very convincing performance! :DDDD: :DDDD:
Waites - a good run but only at his very best would have been a real threat. :CCCCC:
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

I've not seen enough of McGeeney to be convinced people assure me he can be brilliant. I know he's performed well on floor tournaments but never really seen him play anything but solid darts on TV.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
trotter wrote:
devosteve wrote:Cracking final.

I do find it amusing that there are posters who call folks who they deem to be anti bdo, bigots (yes that term is used), haters and trolls etc yet some of those very posters criticise and knock ladies darts. Double standards? 2 faced?

Always like ladies darts. Usp For the bdo.
Yes that was a good match....but my feeling is the BDO have a decent product in the men if they could market it properly and that having to have the ladies in the same package for everything makes it far harder to sell to any major TV station....
I have no problem with folks not liking ladies darts. No problem with folks having a preference (eg bdo preferred more than pdc). It is when we are dealing with facts.

For example, even though I am a fan of ladies darts and have watched most of it and more than I have the men's action) I have to disagree with folk who say it is as good as the men's game.

now you have said you enjoy bdo mens darts but it isn't as high a standard as pdc. People may prefer bdo but you are clearly stating a fact.

my point with above post?

If the posters who have 'attacked' you for stating your view (pdc superior to bdo ) would you agree with me that they are hypocrites if they have slated ladies darts for not being as good as mens (that is the men's is superior)?

Using their own logic they are trolls, haters and bigots for comparing the ladies with the men.

Anyway, playing darts, checking footie scores and listening to the boomtown rats.
You clearly don't understand or more likely choose not to, everyone knows the pdc is a higher standard, nobody denies that but all you do is constantly bang on and on and on about it, you are constantly trying to win an argument nobody is having, it's boring to see the same shit in every thread, every other post.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Where is Scott Waites dad these days, don’t see him at Lakeside?
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

Waites gracious as ever in defeat there.... Durrant won at least 3 of his 6 sets 3-0 from what I remember and he says he gave Durrant 5 of them giving glen no credit or wishing him luck deary me
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

dartsfan22 wrote:Waites gracious as ever in defeat there.... Durrant won at least 3 of his 6 sets 3-0 from what I remember and he says he gave Durrant 5 of them giving glen no credit or wishing him luck deary me
Come on, he was disappointed to lose 5 sets in a row and also some decent payday. Had some chances and missed them all. Looked devastated - prefer this "real" interview over the usual phrases.
Last edited by slymaster on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Don’t agree with sticking a mic in front of a losing player after he’s just walked off stage.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

TheSandman wrote:Don’t agree with sticking a mic in front of a losing player after he’s just walked off stage.
Agreed, although sometimes a "raw" interview gives us a real insight of a players psyche.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

slymaster wrote:
TheSandman wrote:Don’t agree with sticking a mic in front of a losing player after he’s just walked off stage.
Agreed, although sometimes a "raw" interview gives us a real insight of a players psyche.
I agree it’s a much more real interview but the players are far to emotional and trying to come to terms with defeat.

Only need to look at the duzza interview after his loss v Adams or Waites where he looks suicidal to see players should get at least 10-15 mins before interview
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

You mean when Durrant lost to waites and Adams and didn’t say he let them win 5/6 sets and actually wished them luck?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Interview with Durrant following semi final

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Some stats for the 4 semi finalists courtesy of TheRedBit.
Attachments
IMG_20180113_184849.jpg
IMG_20180113_184849.jpg (120.5 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

Murphio wrote:
DavidB wrote:Nevil, the difference is you are guaranteed a set wage in your new job, any dart player is not guaranteed anything !
Not only that - imagine if your employer had the ability to withold/recoup everything you had earned from them in the last year. Some of the views on this are utterly bizarre - it's very easy to tell other people what to do when it's not your money at stake.
Imagine if the employer (pdc ) said you could earn maybe 10 times what you do earn now if you do your job well, but are too afraid to take the opportunity #spinelessmkII
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

There is no way Unterbuchner will beat McGeeney here....and no way McGeeney will beat Durrant
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

trotter wrote:There is no way Unterbuchner will beat McGeeney here....and no way McGeeney will beat Durrant
Yep... That match earlier was basically the final