2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
markymark
County Player

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by markymark »

Same three Champions as last year. An unpredictable Lakeside.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Overall I'd give it a 4 /10 mark . Poor fare for most part
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Lakeside is da juice
UKDA 4 Life
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

markymark wrote:Same three Champions as last year. An unpredictable Lakeside.
Yes..Lakeside though will generally be unpredictable because the players generally, apart from Durrant, are all pretty unpredictable themselves...so you never quite know what you are going to get....plus some of the better players have got one eye on switching.....makes for an unpredictable event up to a point......I can see Durrant cleaning up for 2 or 3 years if he keeps his focus ....that's if the for life statement is to believed...which I'll reserve judgement on
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

ChrisW wrote:Over 500 users online. Not going to break last record from lakeside. But still gets the interest.
You can try and use statistics to say that that the BDO is successful etc., but it doesn’t wash. Because you have some nostalgic view will not affect the demise of this dated organisation, no matter how much it seems to hurt you (Why)
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Tessa Sanderson is the celebrity darter on this episode of Bullseye scored 161 in 9.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Good final earlier. Feel sorry for McGeeney, never nice to miss darts for the world title, especially when he's unlikely to get a better chance to win it
Burnetts Boys
Brass Darts

Post by Burnetts Boys »

Dunno why there is so much fuss on here about either code. I grew up with BDO darts and will always have a soft spot for it. Went on Thursday and had a great time. Personally i think the atmosphere and general experience is better at the BDO. The crowd are there for the darts on the whole. Last time I went to the PDC darts it was full of tanked up tossers who were singing football songs and shouting across the room at the stands and vice versa in Ally Pally. One thing in my opinion you cannot argue with is that the PDC standard is miles better. Doesnt mean you do not get great games in either code but I prefer PDC due to standard. Lakeside does feel abit holiday camp-esque and the walk on of all players pre session is bit cringy. Still, I like both and whilst I would not go to the PDC one again due to the crowd, I'd deffo visit Lakeside again. They were quite strict at lakeside. Threw a couple of lads out for getting to rowdy. Their mates piped down after that lol.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Burnetts Boys wrote:Dunno why there is so much fuss on here about either code. I grew up with BDO darts and will always have a soft spot for it. Went on Thursday and had a great time. Personally i think the atmosphere and general experience is better at the BDO. The crowd are there for the darts on the whole. Last time I went to the PDC darts it was full of tanked up tossers who were singing football songs and shouting across the room at the stands and vice versa in Ally Pally. One thing in my opinion you cannot argue with is that the PDC standard is miles better. Doesnt mean you do not get great games in either code but I prefer PDC due to standard. Lakeside does feel abit holiday camp-esque and the walk on of all players pre session is bit cringy. Still, I like both and whilst I would not go to the PDC one again due to the crowd, I'd deffo visit Lakeside again. They were quite strict at lakeside. Threw a couple of lads out for getting to rowdy. Their mates piped down after that lol.
Sensible post BB's I think most proper darts fans are coming around to your way of thinking.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

Burnetts Boys wrote:Dunno why there is so much fuss on here about either code. I grew up with BDO darts and will always have a soft spot for it. Went on Thursday and had a great time. Personally i think the atmosphere and general experience is better at the BDO. The crowd are there for the darts on the whole. Last time I went to the PDC darts it was full of tanked up tossers who were singing football songs and shouting across the room at the stands and vice versa in Ally Pally. One thing in my opinion you cannot argue with is that the PDC standard is miles better. Doesnt mean you do not get great games in either code but I prefer PDC due to standard. Lakeside does feel abit holiday camp-esque and the walk on of all players pre session is bit cringy. Still, I like both and whilst I would not go to the PDC one again due to the crowd, I'd deffo visit Lakeside again. They were quite strict at lakeside. Threw a couple of lads out for getting to rowdy. Their mates piped down after that lol.
Welcome friend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Eric's take on tonight's final on Twitter:

Durrant 7 av93-97 mcgeeney 6 av 86-31 exciting final but not pros ha ha potter open

Think that could be the 2nd worst average final since lowe killing warriner

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

craigmc wrote:Tessa Sanderson is the celebrity darter on this episode of Bullseye scored 161 in 9.
Not far away from Paula's average there.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Over 500 users online. Not going to break last record from lakeside. But still gets the interest.
You can try and use statistics to say that that the BDO is successful etc., but it doesn’t wash. Because you have some nostalgic view will not affect the demise of this dated organisation, no matter how much it seems to hurt you (Why)
I was observing a fact.
That you have a problem with it is the point not that I pointed it out.
I mainly watch PDC events and prefer them.
So chew on that one.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
I was observing a fact.
So chew on that one.
Scab!!
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Stats courtesy of TheRedBit from this year's Lakeside.
Attachments
IMG_20180114_213942.jpg
IMG_20180114_213942.jpg (102.63 KiB) Viewed 871 times
IMG_20180114_213928.jpg
IMG_20180114_213928.jpg (81.94 KiB) Viewed 874 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Spot on. I never go to any venues myself but this is my perspective too.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
I was observing a fact.
So chew on that one.
Scab!!
:grin:
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
I was observing a fact.
So chew on that one.
The ‘facts’ that you consistently observe are always slanted to paint the BDO in a better light, god alone knows why. I think you should analyse the statistics in a more even handed way, almost like ‘chewing’ your strudel on both sides of your gub
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Well i had to watch it on catch up but it was a very intense final!! Had all the drama you could wish for , even my boys enjoyed it :)
Glen would have been gutted to lose playing so well this week, especially as it would have lost to an 86 average !!
Mark has to cope with missing match darts - but in his interview seemed over it all ready !
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote:Eric's take on tonight's final on Twitter:

Durrant 7 av93-97 mcgeeney 6 av 86-31 exciting final but not pros ha ha potter open

Think that could be the 2nd worst average final since lowe killing warriner

Does he mean just McGeeney’s average? Haven’t O’Shea and Smith (possibly even Waites) done that in a final recently?