Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ChrisW »

Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Over 500 users online. Not going to break last record from lakeside. But still gets the interest.
You can try and use statistics to say that that the BDO is successful etc., but it doesn’t wash. Because you have some nostalgic view will not affect the demise of this dated organisation, no matter how much it seems to hurt you (Why)
I was observing a fact.
That you have a problem with it is the point not that I pointed it out.
I mainly watch PDC events and prefer them.
So chew on that one.
The ‘facts’ that you consistently observe are always slanted to paint the BDO in a better light, god alone knows why. I think you should analyse the statistics in a more even handed way, almost like ‘chewing’ your strudel on both sides of your gub
Or do I enjoy darts and not worry about where it is played.
Maybe you should look at yourself and wonder why you spend you life watching somehting that pisses you off?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn 6m
Contract is signed in most cases under duress which is illegal.

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 5m
Agreed I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t hold up in court

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
Agreed but it’s the players fault if they don’t fight it.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Interview with Durrant.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Barry Hearn @BarryHearn 6m

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
#Barrycares
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
Wibble

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

McGeeney's average for the final was lower than his tournament average and yet he still got match darts. I know this is herecy with some on here but he is nothing more than a decent to good player. That he got to BDO No 1 shows how the system is flawed. He isn't even close to being the best player in the BDO though I guess with Ratajski, Smith, Noppert etc gone his claim on that title just got a whole lot stronger. There are dozens of that kind of regular 80 to 90 standard player floating about at the lower reaches of the PDC. I honestly see no benefit in players like McGeeney switching. I was genuinely gutted for him tonight. But let's be honest; he was only in that position at all because Glenn Durrant brought his C game.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Interview with McGeeney

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:McGeeney's average for the final was lower than his tournament average and yet he still got match darts. I know this is herecy with some on here but he is nothing more than a decent to good player. That he got to BDO No 1 shows how the system is flawed. He isn't even close to being the best player in the BDO though I guess with Ratajski, Smith, Noppert etc gone his claim on that title just got a whole lot stronger. There are dozens of that kind of regular 80 to 90 standard player floating about at the lower reaches of the PDC. I honestly see no benefit in players like McGeeney switching. I was genuinely gutted for him tonight. But let's be honest; he was only in that position at all because Glenn Durrant brought his C game.
Same old rhetoric ..........yawn.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
#Barrycares
Barry wants him......
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Over 500 users online. Not going to break last record from lakeside. But still gets the interest.
You can try and use statistics to say that that the BDO is successful etc., but it doesn’t wash. Because you have some nostalgic view will not affect the demise of this dated organisation, no matter how much it seems to hurt you (Why)
I was observing a fact.
So chew on that one.

The ‘facts’ that you consistently observe are always slanted to paint the BDO in a better light, god alone knows why. I think you should analyse the statistics in a more even handed way, almost like ‘chewing’ your strudel on both sides of your gub

Maybe you should look at yourself and wonder why you spend you life watching somehting that pisses you off?
Watching darts, Chris, can be enjoyable or not but the TV can be turned over. Your unusual fixation on a darts organisation seems to be more difficult to shift, I suggest you should actually broaden your interest to all darts and not just pretend you have SKY.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:McGeeney's average for the final was lower than his tournament average and yet he still got match darts. I know this is herecy with some on here but he is nothing more than a decent to good player. That he got to BDO No 1 shows how the system is flawed. He isn't even close to being the best player in the BDO though I guess with Ratajski, Smith, Noppert etc gone his claim on that title just got a whole lot stronger. There are dozens of that kind of regular 80 to 90 standard player floating about at the lower reaches of the PDC. I honestly see no benefit in players like McGeeney switching. I was genuinely gutted for him tonight. But let's be honest; he was only in that position at all because Glenn Durrant brought his C game.
Never read it, I already know whaaaaayaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
#Barrycares
Barry wants him......
Wouldn't surprise me if Barry and Mac's management are working on something as we speak. One thing I will say is that the PDC won't make the move without the BDO accepting that it is what the player wants.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote: You can try and use statistics to say that that the BDO is successful etc., but it doesn’t wash. Because you have some nostalgic view will not affect the demise of this dated organisation, no matter how much it seems to hurt you (Why)
I was observing a fact.
So chew on that one.

Watching darts, Chris, can be enjoyable or not but the TV can be turned over. Your unusual fixation on a darts organisation seems to be more difficult to shift, I suggest you should actually broaden your interest to all darts and not just pretend you have SKY.
Can't get Sky here. All PDC darts is on free to air here. And I attend the PDC events here.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
It's a perfectly reasonable summing up of the situation. If all you want to do is rim the BDO, feel free to do it on Fanatics Patrick.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

clemy1989 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
#Barrycares
Barry wants him......
Wouldn't surprise me if Barry and Mac's management are working on something as we speak. One thing I will say is that the PDC won't make the move without the BDO accepting that it is what the player wants.
Mac who?

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
It's a perfectly reasonable summing up of the situation. If all you want to do is rim the BDO, feel free to do it on Fanatics Patrick.
I know but repeating yourself every 5 minutes is not how one should conduct himself, JC had a habit of doing that and he was put on pre-mod, maybe the same action should be taken with you. It would certainly cut down on the amount of derogatory and pointless posts on here.
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote: I was observing a fact.
So chew on that one.

Can't get Sky here. All PDC darts is on free to air here. And I attend the PDC events here.
Ok Chris just having a laugh good luck mate
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
I know but repeating yourself every 5 minutes is not how one should conduct himself, JC had a habit of doing that and he was put on pre-mod, maybe the same action should be taken with you. It would certainly cut down on the amount of derogatory and pointless posts on here.
Irony 101. :grin:
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
#Barrycares
Barry wants him......
Mac who?

Maccy d obviously. My bad I clearly meant Durrant's. IFM a question which I would like an honest response on. Do you think the BDO in these times of closer relations between BDO and PDC would accept it, if glen asked them to let him go? I'm sure the PDC would have to compensate the BDO somehow to push this through.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote: I was observing a fact.
So chew on that one.

What channel Chris?