International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:

The ‘facts’ that you consistently observe are always slanted to paint the BDO in a better light, god alone knows why. I think you should analyse the statistics in a more even handed way, almost like ‘chewing’ your strudel on both sides of your gub
Or do I enjoy darts and not worry about where it is played.

Maybe you should look at yourself and wonder why you spend you life watching somehting that pisses you off?
Watching darts, Chris, can be enjoyable or not but the TV can be turned over. Your unusual fixation on a darts organisation seems to be more difficult to shift, I suggest you should actually broaden your interest to all darts and not just pretend you have SKY.
Can't get Sky here. All PDC darts is on free to air here. And I attend the PDC events here.
What channel Chris?
RTL7
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
ChrisW wrote: Or do I enjoy darts and not worry about where it is played.

Maybe you should look at yourself and wonder why you spend you life watching somehting that pisses you off?
Watching darts, Chris, can be enjoyable or not but the TV can be turned over. Your unusual fixation on a darts organisation seems to be more difficult to shift, I suggest you should actually broaden your interest to all darts and not just pretend you have SKY.
Can't get Sky here. All PDC darts is on free to air here. And I attend the PDC events here.
What channel Chris?
RTL7
Is that a free channel as part of a package or a totally F 2 A channel.

What Sat is it on?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Demonloy wrote:
What channel Chris?
RTL7
Is that a free channel as part of a package or a totally F 2 A channel.

What Sat is it on?
Totally free. Don't know about sats.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote: #Barrycares
Barry wants him......
Wouldn't surprise me if Barry and Mac's management are working on something as we speak. One thing I will say is that the PDC won't make the move without the BDO accepting that it is what the player wants.
Mac who?

Maccy d obviously. My bad I clearly meant Durrant's. IFM a question which I would like an honest response on. Do you think the BDO in these times of closer relations between BDO and PDC would accept it, if glen asked them to let him go? I'm sure the PDC would have to compensate the BDO somehow to push this through.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The pdc have withdrawn the cards because it became embarrassing to be turned down so often, they will not offer a card again, at least not any time soon.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Glen Durrant BDO Champion.......the same guy in his last PDC event lost not only to Peter Wright, but lost to Corey Cadby

Runner up McGeeney lost everyone of his games in the same Grand Slam.

an 86 average...no that is not a typo....86 average won 6 sets and almost won the Bob Potter cup,
Durrant, the guy who said he was "unfortunately" staying in the BDO......a ringing endorsement for the bdo that comment.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Barry wants him......
Wouldn't surprise me if Barry and Mac's management are working on something as we speak. One thing I will say is that the PDC won't make the move without the BDO accepting that it is what the player wants.
Mac who?

Maccy d obviously. My bad I clearly meant Durrant's. IFM a question which I would like an honest response on. Do you think the BDO in these times of closer relations between BDO and PDC would accept it, if glen asked them to let him go? I'm sure the PDC would have to compensate the BDO somehow to push this through.

The pdc have withdrawn the cards because it became embarrassing to be turned down so often, they will not offer a card again, at least not any time soon.

I didn't ask you to state a fact. I asked. If Glen spoke to the BDO and asked to be allowed to leave. Would they do what right for him, show some compassion and let him move to the PDC. I get that the BDO are under no pressure to let him go and wouldn't want him to. However the decent thing would be to say. "Thanks Glen you have been great for our side of the game. A worthy ambassador as world champion. Go and achieve your dream in the PDC"
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Murphio wrote:McGeeney's average for the final was lower than his tournament average and yet he still got match darts.

And this is why averages really mean diddly squat!

Murphio wrote:That he got to BDO No 1 shows how the system is flawed.

No, the reason he got to BDO number 1 is because he performed well over the year. Yes if Durrant had played more events he’d probably have been number 2 but we see this in the PDC where players ranking suffer because they don’t play much whereas Peter Wright plays every event going and deservedly is number 2.

The only flaw is that semi finalists get to return to Lakeside the following year without even needing to throw a dart - is this what you refer to as flawed?? Who knows if Durrant would have played as little even if he still had to in effect qualify for this years Lakeside.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ifm wrote:The pdc have withdrawn the cards because it became embarrassing to be turned down so often, they will not offer a card again, at least not any time soon.

Same happened with offering Wolfie a Grand Slam place then something changed and look what happened...
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Nothing will change here. Durrant made his decision and thats that. On the bright side at least the GSOD will have a bit of interest this year after the
group stages when Hughes, McGeeney and Mitchell have all gone home.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

So is there any truth in the rumour there might be an EGM very soon and that Mr Disciplinary Man is after the top job and with sport total on the board too ?

Wayne d
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if Barry and Mac's management are working on something as we speak. One thing I will say is that the PDC won't make the move without the BDO accepting that it is what the player wants.
Mac who?

I didn't ask you to state a fact. I asked. If Glen spoke to the BDO and asked to be allowed to leave. Would they do what right for him, show some compassion and let him move to the PDC. I get that the BDO are under no pressure to let him go and wouldn't want him to. However the decent thing would be to say. "Thanks Glen you have been great for our side of the game. A worthy ambassador as world champion. Go and achieve your dream in the PDC"
The actual point is he'd be asking if he can have a chance at getting a tour card over 4 days in Wigan, that's why it's a pointless question.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

DavidB wrote:
ifm wrote:The pdc have withdrawn the cards because it became embarrassing to be turned down so often, they will not offer a card again, at least not any time soon.

Same happened with offering Wolfie a Grand Slam place then something changed and look what happened...
Put it this way, do you genuinely believe that if Glen wanted a card he would ask in an interview with a journalist?

Madsocks
paolo2144
Steady Sixties

Post by paolo2144 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:McGeeney's average for the final was lower than his tournament average and yet he still got match darts. I know this is herecy with some on here but he is nothing more than a decent to good player. That he got to BDO No 1 shows how the system is flawed. He isn't even close to being the best player in the BDO though I guess with Ratajski, Smith, Noppert etc gone his claim on that title just got a whole lot stronger. There are dozens of that kind of regular 80 to 90 standard player floating about at the lower reaches of the PDC. I honestly see no benefit in players like McGeeney switching. I was genuinely gutted for him tonight. But let's be honest; he was only in that position at all because Glenn Durrant brought his C game.
Same old rhetoric ..........yawn.

It might be the same old rhetoric but that doesn't mean it's not true :)
BDO Brad
The Ton Club

Post by BDO Brad »

Garry Murphy wrote:Glen Durrant BDO Champion.......the same guy in his last PDC event lost not only to Peter Wright, but lost to Corey Cadby

an 86 average...no that is not a typo....86 average won 6 sets and almost won the Bob Potter cup,
Durrant, the guy who said he was "unfortunately" staying in the BDO......a ringing endorsement for the bdo that comment.
Glenn Durrant...BDO world champion, £100k richer.
Mark McGeeney...BDO world number 1, £35k richer.
You...a sad little Irishman with a fetish for middle aged men playing darts, muscular men playing wrestling and shit scared of the Jacklins.

Justin Credible? Try changing your name to Saad Individual, it would suit you so much better..
Last edited by BDO Brad on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
Mac who?

The actual point is he'd be asking if he can have a chance at getting a tour card over 4 days in Wigan, that's why it's a pointless question.

He doesn't deserve special treatment over any other q-school entrant. However he doesn't deserve to be penalised for succeeding at lakeside.
paolo2144
Steady Sixties

Post by paolo2144 »

Burnetts Boys wrote:Dunno why there is so much fuss on here about either code. I grew up with BDO darts and will always have a soft spot for it. Went on Thursday and had a great time. Personally i think the atmosphere and general experience is better at the BDO. The crowd are there for the darts on the whole. Last time I went to the PDC darts it was full of tanked up tossers who were singing football songs and shouting across the room at the stands and vice versa in Ally Pally. One thing in my opinion you cannot argue with is that the PDC standard is miles better. Doesnt mean you do not get great games in either code but I prefer PDC due to standard. Lakeside does feel abit holiday camp-esque and the walk on of all players pre session is bit cringy. Still, I like both and whilst I would not go to the PDC one again due to the crowd, I'd deffo visit Lakeside again. They were quite strict at lakeside. Threw a couple of lads out for getting to rowdy. Their mates piped down after that lol.
I agree as much as the quality at Lakeside is nowadays way below that at Ally pally it still has special place in darts especially because of it's history.

I think that the reason the standard seems to be slipping is that the players are not getting enough big match experience and tv exposure, look at the PDC Circuit where part of reason standard is growing is there are so many tournaments and even the younger players are getting much more tournament and big match exposure on a constant basis.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BDO Brad wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:Glen Durrant BDO Champion.......the same guy in his last PDC event lost not only to Peter Wright, but lost to Corey Cadby

Glenn Durrant...BDO world champion, £100k richer.
Mark McGeeney...BDO world number 1, £35k richer.
You...a sad little man Irishman with a fetish for middle aged men playing darts, muscular men playing wrestling and shit scared of the Jacklins.

Justin Credible? Try changing your name to Saad Individual, it would suit you so much better..

So its about the money then ? Not the title or honor.
Well done fanny on admitting it.

Then again you said the same thing on df earlier :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:

He doesn't deserve special treatment over any other q-school entrant. However he doesn't deserve to be penalised for succeeding at lakeside.
I don't disagree, though in the past there has been.

Madsocks
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

The Tour card system was in and Bunting still got a card without doing QS...the fact Taylor and Jenkins are resigning a card could easily mean they could offer Durrant a card..not saying that will happen..but it may do
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Barry wants him......
Mac who?

The same complete nonsense - just rinse and repeat in the hope it becomes accepted fact. The PDC were so 'embarrassed' by their Tour Card rejection that they kept the offer in place just long enough to entice the reigning BDO world champion to switch before scuttling away to hide their collective faces in abject humiliation. Good grief. :DDD:
Last edited by Murphio on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.