Post by Ginge »

"Terrence Chant was right, a true seer" :D

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_88930924
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by devosteve »

No mention of lakeside on BBC news this morning (8.30 slot). Not good.

It may have been omitted because of the breaking news that Cyril Regis has died.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

itsbeen mentioned here and there on the BBC. Radio 5 live this morning and tv last last night
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

devosteve wrote:No mention of lakeside on BBC news this morning (8.30 slot). Not good.

It may have been omitted because of the breaking news that Cyril Regis has died.
Wasn't aware of Cyril's passing till I read this post. Just finished crying, a great footballer and gentle, kind man. R.I.P.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

17k the highest figure on the YouTube stream during the final, apparently.

"millions"
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Any gossip post Lakey? Anything nuggets from the champion's dinner?
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Any gossip post Lakey? Anything nuggets from the champion's dinner?
Reformed chicken, probably.
Big Jock Knew
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Any gossip post Lakey? Anything nuggets from the champion's dinner?
The Meat Raffle had to be redraw as the ticket holder wasn't in attendance
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

All I know mate is that he's partial to pot noodles..............the food of champions.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Ginge wrote:"Terrence Chant was right, a true seer" :D

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_88930924
Can that be made the official strapline for the forum?
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if Barry and Mac's management are working on something as we speak. One thing I will say is that the PDC won't make the move without the BDO accepting that it is what the player wants.
Mac who?

Maccy d obviously. My bad I clearly meant Durrant's. IFM a question which I would like an honest response on. Do you think the BDO in these times of closer relations between BDO and PDC would accept it, if glen asked them to let him go? I'm sure the PDC would have to compensate the BDO somehow to push this through.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The pdc have withdrawn the cards because it became embarrassing to be turned down so often, they will not offer a card again, at least not any time soon.

The same complete nonsense - just rinse and repeat in the hope it becomes accepted fact. The PDC were so 'embarrassed' by their Tour Card rejection that they kept the offer in place just long enough to entice the reigning BDO world champion to switch before scuttling away to hide their collective faces in abject humiliation. Good grief. :DDD:
You do understand that something true doesn't automatically become untrue because you wish it don't you?
You are not the genie from the lamp.
:MAD:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Where is Paul with his "the man from [insert name of TV station or production company] told me he was really pleased with the viewing figures" routine?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Apart from the result absolutely nothing in this mornings Dail mail! Not even a paragraph.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
ifm wrote:
Mac who?

Maccy d obviously. My bad I clearly meant Durrant's. IFM a question which I would like an honest response on. Do you think the BDO in these times of closer relations between BDO and PDC would accept it, if glen asked them to let him go? I'm sure the PDC would have to compensate the BDO somehow to push this through.

The pdc have withdrawn the cards because it became embarrassing to be turned down so often, they will not offer a card again, at least not any time soon.

The same complete nonsense - just rinse and repeat in the hope it becomes accepted fact. The PDC were so 'embarrassed' by their Tour Card rejection that they kept the offer in place just long enough to entice the reigning BDO world champion to switch before scuttling away to hide their collective faces in abject humiliation. Good grief. :DDD:
You do understand that something true doesn't automatically become untrue because you wish it don't you?
You are selling complete nonsense and no one is buying. Even if I hadn't had it privately confirmed there was some sort of agreement over the contract/tour card offer (and I don't know what it entailed, but there was one) - your logic is laughable. You state the PDC was humiliated into removing the tour card offer right after it had produced its biggest coup! The only 'embarrassment' was that of the BDO who not only lost its newly crowned world champion but had its Lakeside contract made a complete and utter mockery of.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:

You are selling complete nonsense and no one is buying. Even if I hadn't had it privately confirmed there was some sort of agreement over the contract/tour card offer (and I don't know what it entailed, but there was one) - your logic is laughable. You state the PDC was humiliated into removing the tour card offer right after it had produced its biggest coup! The only 'embarrassment' was that of the BDO who not only lost its newly crowned world champion but had its Lakeside contract made a complete and utter mockery of.
So after years of your lot pushing that the BDO is inferior you now find it a bit of a leap that the PDC would find it a bit embarrassing if players from that inconsequential org constantly turn down tour cards.
You are such a nub.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

[tweet]952636743689392128[/tweet]
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Duzza up to 17th highest earner in darts on the Darts Database Prize money page. Last 2 years.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote:Duzza up to 17th highest earner in darts on the Darts Database Prize money page. Last 2 years.
He's above Norris as they've missed a few!
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:The pdc have withdrawn the cards because it became embarrassing to be turned down so often, they will not offer a card again, at least not any time soon.

So after years of your lot pushing that the BDO is inferior you now find it a bit of a leap that the PDC would find it a bit embarrassing if players from that inconsequential org constantly turn down tour cards.
You are such a nub.
No. You are just making more stuff up now in your usual attempt to derail the point. :DDD: The PDC removed Adams' Grand Slam invitation purely because he kept turning it down. Was it embarrassing? Probably. What you are spouting though in relation to the Tour Card offer is total nonsense. Again, forgetting that I actually know different, why would the PDC have been humiliated into binning the card offer when it had just produced its biggest coup? When Bunting accepted it proved the offer worked - without it he'd have been in exactly the same position as Glen Durrant. No idea why you can't absorb that into that brain of yours. Carry on with your fairy stories - whatever helps you get through the day.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote:No mention of lakeside on BBC news this morning (8.30 slot). Not good.

Vasos hardly mentioned it on the sport section on radio 2 this morning. Along the lines of its not important enough