2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by devosteve »

oche balboa wrote:Still more then last year and 1.8 peak isn’t bad

Channel 4 I suspect will be happy with the figures
I see Ginge's point of it being the 2nd lowest watched final but I would agree with your post. C4 must be happy with that figure. They will be looking at the here and now not how it the numbers compare to the past.

Good chance of renewal I would think.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:

I see Ginge's point of it being the 2nd lowest watched final but I would agree with your post. C4 must be happy with that figure. They will be looking at the here and now not how it the numbers compare to the past.

The 28372th repeat of a film in the same slot 2 years ago got a bigger audience than the 2017 final and an identical one to 2018. Will all come down to if the event pays for itself in terms of advertising.
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I agree I think both party’s be happy with the numbers so both might stay on in another 2 year deal be good for bdo if they got World masters on bt sport get deal sorted early not last min
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

foggs3355 wrote:I agree I think both party’s be happy with the numbers so both might stay on in another 2 year deal be good for bdo if they got World masters on bt sport get deal sorted early not last min
we have not got a fucking clue whether Ch4 will be happy with the numbers. I'm sure they will be marginally happier than last year but that really does not tell us whether its anywhere near enough to keep them in the game. Remember, a film got more viewers in the same slot...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:I agree I think both party’s be happy with the numbers so both might stay on in another 2 year deal be good for bdo if they got World masters on bt sport get deal sorted early not last min
we have not got a fekkin clue whether Ch4 will be happy with the numbers. I'm sure they will be marginally happier than last year but that really does not tell us whether its anywhere near enough to keep them in the game. Remember, a film got more viewers in the same slot...
Ice Age 2: Continental Drift.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
we have not got a fekkin clue whether Ch4 will be happy with the numbers. I'm sure they will be marginally happier than last year but that really does not tell us whether its anywhere near enough to keep them in the game. Remember, a film got more viewers in the same slot...
Ice Age 2: Continental Drift.

ooh, good film. A sequel that was better than the first ;)
nice marker
Steady Sixties

Post by nice marker »

Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:

The 28372th repeat of a film in the same slot 2 years ago got a bigger audience than the 2017 final and an identical one to 2018. Will all come down to if the event pays for itself in terms of advertising.
For Channel 4 it doesn't really have any impact in terms of advertising. There's certainly very little (if anything) in the way of advertisers spending money specifically around the tournament itself. The audience numbers are fine, not amazing but certainly not disastrous either, especially when considered in the context of the whole week.

The biggest issue in terms of renewal with C4 will probably be the fact that they have a new Director of Programmes that started last week. The likelihood is he won't be wanting to rush into a decision either way until he's had a chance to look at the whole schedule, what changes he wants to make and how he's going to pay for them.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

oche balboa wrote:BT Sport 55,000

122,000 peak

So 2 million peak
Whinge seething i see :DDD:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

It would be nice if part of the tournament stayed on C4 next year but I guess we will see...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Whinge klaxon!!!!
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Whinge klaxon!!!!
As soon as i saw Oches post i knew you would be crying about it, so predictable :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"crying" :D
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Pretty good figures.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Salacious!
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:Pretty good figures.
Excellent figures, not surprised actually, the comp got better every session.

Madsocks
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

channel 4 are a public broadcaster its primary mission is to champion diversity & offer alternative views / programming eg ( darts games that arnt 100 average but are to some people still exciting to watch) however its prepared to take losses on such programmes if need be to full fill its remit from the government,
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

only85 wrote:channel 4 are a public broadcaster its primary mission is to champion diversity & offer alternative views / programming eg ( darts games that arnt 100 average but are to some people still exciting to watch) however its prepared to take losses on such programmes if need be to full fill its remit from the government,

I love the fact that we are comparing BDO darts to CH4's diversity remit.. Do they put it in alongside undatables in the diversity box :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Last edited by Skewball on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

If they were going for the diversity box they would have insisted on a disabled match on telly, surely.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I was playing darts last night with new team so asked if they watched it.
One had. Said excellent final. The other said 'lakeside?"
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Skewball wrote:
only85 wrote:channel 4 are a public broadcaster its primary mission is to champion diversity & offer alternative views / programming eg ( darts games that arnt 100 average but are to some people still exciting to watch) however its prepared to take losses on such programmes if need be to full fill its remit from the government,

I love the fact that we are comparing BDO darts to CH4's diversity remit.. Do they put it in alongside undatables in the diversity box :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
the point stands sorry that channel 4 have (by its charter to operate), to offer alternative viewing & like it or not bdo darts is alternative viewing to the now normal rammed down your throats hyperbole pdc coverered by bbc / itv/ sky, which is enjoyable in itself & so is the alternative