Post by Ginge »

Deflect!!!!!
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by oche balboa »

Only the truth Bradders
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Only the truth Bradders
Indeed it is. Are you claiming that match is more important than a Lakeside Last 16 game though? :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Only the truth Bradders
Indeed it is. Are you claiming that match is more important than a Lakeside Last 16 game though? :WWWW:
Just PDC pixie dust working again that's all , all the DRA fines gone into research to perfect the magic dust has worked , if a BDO player can hit a 113 ave it must be the real deal .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Was that a yes to my question, or a no? :D
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

https://joshsdartistry.com/2018/01/23/t ... n-the-bdo/

don't know if that link works but Tony o shea joins the list of folk knocking the contracts. Yet the defenders still defend these contracts (usually bringing up the pdc contracts in defence ).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:https://joshsdartistry.com/2018/01/23/t ... n-the-bdo/

don't know if that link works but Tony o shea joins the list of folk knocking the contracts. Yet the defenders still defend these contracts (usually bringing up the pdc contracts in defence ).
Isn't Josh the guy who does all the write up for the BDO website during the big events? Cant imagine they will be too happy with him printing stuff like that.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

No he is not Bradders

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:No he is not Bradders
Who is it, then? It was an internet blogger of some sort.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Erm, yes it was :D

Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I don't think i've ever seen anyone defend these contracts anywhere, can you post a link so we can all see this please?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:

I don't think i've ever seen anyone defend these contracts anywhere, can you post a link so we can all see this please?
No.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote:

From a personal basis, have to say I enjoy reading the various blogs and reports from our journalist members. We have not seen Jambodarts for a while and Pieter and Josh have always posted great stuff.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

From a personal basis, have to say I enjoy reading the various blogs and reports from our journalist members. We have not seen Jambodarts for a while and Pieter and Josh have always posted great stuff.
Absolutely agree, bloggers are to be welcomed for their input.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Get with it Nik. The term is 'darts media' now.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
ifm wrote:

No.
Yeah, that's the problem when you make stuff up ;-)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:

It was tom beresford that does it Bradders. Not Josh.

8-)

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Get with it Nik. The term is 'darts media' now.
You say that like I'm not hip and in with the youth, innit.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

It was tom beresford that does it Bradders. Not Josh.

8-)
So Josh is lying in that screenshot I took then?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Tony O’Shea blasts ‘ridiculous’ eligibility rules in the BDO!
https://joshsdartistry.com/

Three-time Lakeside World Championship finalist Tony O’Shea has blasted ‘ridiculous’ eligibility rules imposed by the BDO, due to the restrictions placed on those who have switched codes to compete in the recent PDC Qualifying School.

O’Shea has competed within the BDO system for over 22 years, but he was a surprise entrant at this year’s PDC Qualifying School in Wigan, having missed out on qualification for the Lakeside World Championship for the first time since 2001.

‘The Silverback’ was unable to secure a PDC Tour Card, amassing two points across a gruelling four-days of qualification. Nevertheless, because he did not feature at the Lakeside in 2018, he is eligible to compete on both the PDC Challenge Tour and the BDO circuits throughout the year.

However, O’Shea was one of several BDO stars who attempted to secure a coveted PDC Tour Card at Q-School, and a number of his colleagues who failed to claim a spot on the professional PDC circuit will be unable to compete in the 2019 Lakeside World Championship next January, due to eligibility rules imposed by the BDO.

O’Shea’s fellow Stockport star Darryl Fitton, Scottish Open winner Cameron Menzies and Jamie Hughes, seeded third at this year’s Lakeside, all of whom were unable to clinch a Tour Card, are therefore set to miss out on next year’s tournament.

Speaking in a Facebook Live interview with David Fatum, who also competed at this year’s Qualifying School, O’Shea labelled the restrictions placed on the BDO switchers as ‘ridiculous’ and ‘stupid’.

“For me personally, it’s a perfect storm because I can just drop back in (to the BDO). Our seasons overlap, the BDO season starts in October. I won the Turkish Open and played really good at the World Masters and Jersey so I’m actually really high up in the rankings.”

“Unfortunately, Darryl Fitton, Jamie Hughes and one or two others, they’re going to get a ban. Those rules are stupid- those guys cannot now play on the tour for Lakeside 2019, which needs looking at,” he claimed.

The 56-year-old admits he will exploit the luxury of being able to compete on both darting circuits in 2018, but he also lamented the fact that the same opportunity was not available for his BDO colleagues.

“For me personally, this was a no-brainer, I came here and enjoyed myself, I’ve actually played really well. Luckily I wasn’t in the Lakeside this year, I had a big operation on my knee and I had four months out. But that means this year I can come over with no penalties, I can drop back in because I had a good start, but I can also play Challenge Tour.

“Obviously for Darryl (Fitton) and a few of the other boys, it’s frustrating that they’re great dart players and they could be penalised with stupid rules within the BDO that they’ve come to Q-School and aren’t allowed to drop back into the BDO- it’s crazy.”

“Maybe Darryl has the option for a bit of soft-tip, which would be nice, but that might be his only option and that’s ridiculous. Maybe I’m coming towards the end of my career, I don’t know, but what am I going to do at my age apart from play darts? I’m just happy to still be there and be competitive,” O’Shea added.

Despite this, O’Shea isn’t the only BDO star who has the option of competing on both the Challenge Tour and BDO circuits this year. Jeff Smith- a Lakeside finalist back in 2016, missed out on a Tour Card in Wigan but is expected to compete on both circuits, whilst Martin Atkins could potentially return to the BDO after also missing the cut.

The pre-tournament contractual obligations surrounding Lakeside have caused considerable controversy over recent years, particularly involving reigning two-time BDO World Champion Glen Durrant.

‘Duzza’ had been heavily linked with a switch to the PDC for the previous two years, but having progressed beyond the quarter-finals at Frimley Green in each of the last two World Championships, the Teessider would have been forced to forfeit his prize-money he earned at Lakeside if he was intent on switching to the PDC.