2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Read elsewhere that its been "confirmed" that C4 are not showing it on C4 now and it will be on More4 or one of their other channels.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Read elsewhere that its been "confirmed" that C4 are not showing it on C4 now and it will be on More4 or one of their other channels.
Read this where?

If true then your earlier musings on such matters may well be vindicated.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Read elsewhere that its been "confirmed" that C4 are not showing it on C4 now and it will be on More4 or one of their other channels.
Read this where?

ouch. the end of it on ch4 then. next year bt at best
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Read this where?

I will say it came from a request to C4 so it could be said its the usual "we dont know and we are just giving a generic response" but they said its not on Channel 4 when asked

edit: reworded it
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Read this where?

I will say it came from a request to C4 so it could be said its the usual "we dont know and we are just giving a generic response" but they said its not on Channel 4 when asked

edit: reworded it
Well this was their reply on September 5th (on page 25 of this thread):

How different is your reply from the one above? Clearly says "Channel 4" above.

Although if you wanted to be pedantic it doesnt specifically say which of their channels....
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ok ive just got up from a 17 hour shift so Its not slightly as I remember reading it at 4am but they dont confirm its on C4 when the question is asked what channel is it on, still it does differ from your response.

Ive cut out the real names

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hmm. Clearly the stock reply but why the change of wording?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:Hmm. Clearly the stock reply but why the change of wording?
Seems odd to be in November and not have confirmation of the schedule, you would think it would be all booked up and done now and in its place on the future plans for the channel (Christmas listings are usually in by the middle of November)

But that adds up with something I was told months and months ago that Lakeside have not been given the session times yet "because one of the TV channels wouldn't confirm them and wanted to alter them"
Last edited by Zapp Brannigan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:Hmm. Clearly the stock reply but why the change of wording?
Seems odd to be in November and not have confirmation of the schedule, you would think it would be all booked up and done now.

But that adds up to something I was told month and months ago that Lakeside have not been given the session times yet "because one of the TV channels wouldn't confirm them and wanted to alter them"
Probably to fit in the extra episodes of Countdown they ordered for 2017 (one for every single weekday), as I already mentioned.....
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh and to be pedantic, Lakeside isnt on at "Xmas". Doesnt start until the 6th January which isnt really Xmas in the UK....
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Oh and to be pedantic, Lakeside isnt on at "Xmas". Doesnt start until the 6th January which isnt really Xmas in the UK....
Which will be past the holiday two week book so there will be no rush to finalise it
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Oh and to be pedantic, Lakeside isnt on at "Xmas". Doesnt start until the 6th January which isnt really Xmas in the UK....
Which will be past the holiday two week book so there will be no rush to finalise it
Quite, the early Xmas schedules are full of lovely programmes called "TBA" and "TBC", some newspapers do them back end of November and its utterly pointless.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Ok ive just got up from a 17 hour shift so Its not slightly as I remember reading it at 4am but they dont confirm its on C4 when the question is asked what channel is it on, still it does differ from your response.

Jeezo. A request to C4 asking when the darts is on and it turns in to "its not going to be shown on C4"

What a load of auld bollocks. All the above confirms is that they have not worked out the schedule as the draw has not been done.

Bet you my life savings its on C4. anyone up for the bet?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

nikkiboy wrote:
The point being the session times haven’t changed for as long as I can remember, there is no need to comfirm them or the channnel they are on if there is no difference because it’s the exact same as last year

The only reason it’s still up in the air is if C4 can’t find space for it on their main channel or if they are not happy with the session times.

Let’s be honest here, there are far too many unanswered questions about it (the draw for starters) and it starts in 6 weeks.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Doesnt need the draw out to do a schedule, like Zapp says the number of players are the same and its the same 9 day length so you simply whack the same number of mens and womens matches in each session that you did last year.

Something is afoot. And I dont think its the broadcaster, more likely to be player contract wranglings IMO.
Last edited by Ginge on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Booji Boy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Ok ive just got up from a 17 hour shift so Its not slightly as I remember reading it at 4am but they dont confirm its on C4 when the question is asked what channel is it on, still it does differ from your response.

Jeezo. A request to C4 asking when the darts is on and it turns in to "its not going to be shown on C4"

What a load of auld bollocks. All the above confirms is that they have not worked out the schedule as the draw has not been done.

That it’s on the main channel?

I’d happily bet that they won’t be showing all the sessions on c4. Maybe the weekend but I bet the weekday is on more 4

And I apologise for the other bit, I read it wrong when I first looked at it
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

I’d happily bet that they won’t be showing all the sessions on c4. Maybe the weekend but I bet the weekday is on more 4

Were any sessions shown on more 4 last year?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dont see why they would dump weekdays onto More4, surely they would want to get as many eyeballs as possible from an expensive outside broadcast? More4 show fek all sports outside of the Paralympics.

Like I have always said, the only actual scrap of evidence that the Channel 4 coverage is under threat is the extra Countdown episodes but that may just mean starting everything 45 minutes later than last year instead.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Booji Boy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Nope every session they had was on C4
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Nope every session they had was on C4
Ok I accept the bet.