2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:Contracts have all been signed that's from top of the tree, like everyone else I know no more ! Players getting increasingly pissed off !
So was it mentioned Yesterday why the draw hasnt been done?

Why are players getting pissed off?

Any promises for next year?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Contracts have all been signed that's from top of the tree, like everyone else I know no more ! Players getting increasingly pissed off !

Was in Prague so don't know Deta emailed this morning asking any news we await a reply , to be honest got to the stage where we don't give a shit anymore , conflicting stories coming out .......we are adopting it is what it is attitude .
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote: got to the stage where we don't give a shit anymore.
That's the attitude you could make you the next BDO chairman :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Was in Prague so don't know Deta emailed this morning asking any news we await a reply , to be honest got to the stage where we don't give a shit anymore , conflicting stories coming out .......we are adopting it is what it is attitude .
Honest question here

At this point is it not worth it for Deta to go down the Challenge tour route or even go for a tour card?

I know you like the travel and the tournaments but is it even worth it any more?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I imagine if Deta thought it was they would of flown by now......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Ok ive just got up from a 17 hour shift so Its not slightly as I remember reading it at 4am but they dont confirm its on C4 when the question is asked what channel is it on, still it does differ from your response.

Ive cut out the real names

:DDDD:
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Honest question here

At this point is it not worth it for Deta to go down the Challenge tour route or even go for a tour card?

I know you like the travel and the tournaments but is it even worth it any more?
Would have to say no for just CT,Lisa done reasonably well on CT had some great performances , but earnt more in Jersey than in CT .
Going to have more of a laugh after Lakeside , sponsors want her to go to Japan and might even combine it with a China/Mongolia trip .
At 58 maybe time to stop promoting BDO tour all the time , will support England Events and has already committed to Scotland , but think will miss other British events to look further afield .
When she got her 100th career BDO ranked title in June 2016 , not even a well done from BDO although Dartscorner made her a lovely presentation at Jersey festival , a few weeks ago in Hungary won her 100th BDO ranked title since her comeback in 2009 , which I think is a fantastic achievement but yet again not even a well done .
Loyalty in the BDO seems a one way street , to me it's full of self interest and empire building , the losers imo are the players .
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Well they are only bothered about Trina and what Trina achieves ...a very body knows that.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

A full on strategy is in place.
Players will be returning in their droves.
BDO is gonna grow x
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

dartsfacts wrote:A full on strategy is in place.
BDO is gonna grow x
All we hear is C4 want to show the draw, personally I would be more concerned in getting tickets sold and trying to fill the venue .
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
BDO is gonna grow x
All we hear is C4 want to show the draw, personally I would be more concerned in getting tickets sold and trying to fill the venue .
The only live programming I can think of which are likely to show it are the news (and that won't be happening) or Sunday Brunch. Anyway, surely they should be bending over backwards to show the draw if they are invested in the product?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If c4 want to show the draw then isn't that a positive? That would be good for the bdo.

I mean ally pally draw hasn't been done yet.

taking a step back: is it that big if a deal draw not done yet? Is the main reason folks want the draw ASAP is so friends and family of players know when to book? If so, then surely ticket sales don't just depend upon 'connected ' folk?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:If c4 want to show the draw then isn't that a positive? That would be good for the bdo.

taking a step back: is it that big if a deal draw not done yet? Is the main reason folks want the draw ASAP is so friends and family of players know when to book? If so, then surely ticket sales don't just depend upon 'connected ' folk?
Yes it is but it won't be seen that way by the gimps on here.......
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
BDO is gonna grow x
But I thought Lakeside sold out within days?
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
BDO is gonna grow x
We never said which days.....
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
BDO is gonna grow x
We never said which days.....
Nice try.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
BDO is gonna grow x
You are confused Whinge, "every pdc comp is sold out in minutes", except every single one on telly :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:If c4 want to show the draw then isn't that a positive? That would be good for the bdo.

In fairness Paddy I have spoken to 2 overseas lads and an overseas lady , fair enough their travel is paid by BDO ( which is great news) but the lads will bring over a good following and their friends and family are seeing prices getting higher and higher .
A Draw on C4 will be a good thing but if left to late could cost us bums on seats .
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

WCDPA wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

In fairness Paddy I have spoken to 2 overseas lads and an overseas lady , fair enough their travel is paid by BDO ( which is great news) but the lads will bring over a good following and their friends and family are seeing prices getting higher and higher .
A Draw on C4 will be a good thing but if left to late could cost us bums on seats .
Any idea when it will be Paul?
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

WCDPA wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Us?