Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Paddy McGinty »

dartsfacts wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:If c4 want to show the draw then isn't that a positive? That would be good for the bdo.

I mean ally pally draw hasn't been done yet.

taking a step back: is it that big if a deal draw not done yet? Is the main reason folks want the draw ASAP is so friends and family of players know when to book? If so, then surely ticket sales don't just depend upon 'connected ' folk?
Yes it is but it won't be seen that way by the gimps on here.......
In fairness Paddy I have spoken to 2 overseas lads and an overseas lady , fair enough their travel is paid by BDO ( which is great news) but the lads will bring over a good following and their friends and family are seeing prices getting higher and higher .
A Draw on C4 will be a good thing but if left to late could cost us bums on seats .
Us?
The real darting fraternity.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

WCDPA wrote:
dartsfacts wrote:A full on strategy is in place.
Players will be returning in their droves.
BDO is gonna grow x
All we hear is C4 want to show the draw, personally I would be more concerned in getting tickets sold and trying to fill the venue .
Doesn't Bob Potter get all the ticket revenue? Given that he's probably already made more money this year than last I doubt he's that bothered.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Addicks Fan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
BDO is gonna grow x
All we hear is C4 want to show the draw, personally I would be more concerned in getting tickets sold and trying to fill the venue .
Doesn't Bob Potter get all the ticket revenue? Given that he's probably already made more money this year than last I doubt he's that bothered.
With last year of C4 coverage a full venue and good championships might be the deciding factor in contract being renewed .
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

It wouldn't usually be an issue for a major sporting event not to announce a draw in November for an event in January......but I think the BDO is slightly different as most of the players would bring a fair amount of friends, family and team mates down who need time off work ...so it would nice to know when they need to arrange this....
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

trotter wrote:It wouldn't usually be an issue for a major sporting event not to announce a draw in November for an event in January......but I think the BDO is slightly different as most of the players would bring a fair amount of friends, family and team mates down who need time off work ...so it would nice to know when they need to arrange this....
If you are right, then doesn't that show how 'weak ' the bdo is?

I buy tickets for the matchplay without knowing the lineup.

There is a local music festival to me (head to the hills ). I get early bird tickets before line up released.

It's the causel, or 'unconnected ', fans that need to be reached if the bdo have any chance of seeing crowds increase.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The pdc worlds is starting long before Lakeside.........can't find a copy of the draw anywhere.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc worlds is starting long before Lakeside.........can't find a copy of the draw anywhere.
:grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

It's only the bdo stalwarts who are actually bothered, especially on FB

No draw is no issue, i couldn't give a toss
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I'm going on the Weds and frankly couldn't care less who's playing.
Hopefully no more than one women's game though.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:It's only the bdo haters on here who are actually bothered, especially me
true
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc worlds is starting long before Lakeside.........can't find a copy of the draw anywhere.
Point made by me earlier. But wait: I can't have done because the sheriff has decided I am an anti bdo troll! He whinges about folks chasing him but markymark (our regular poster on fanatic stuff) will confirm that he often chases me on fb to tell all and sundry (that is 1 or 2 of his oppos ) that I am just a troll.

Has wings sang, "live and let live" is my motto! Simpsons joke for the intelligent ones on here
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
Point made by me earlier. But wait: I can't have done because the sheriff has decided I am an anti bdo troll! He whinges about folks chasing him but markymark (our regular poster on fanatic stuff) will confirm that he often chases me on fb to tell all and sundry (that is 1 or 2 of his oppos ) that I am just a troll.

Has wings sang, "live and let live" is my motto! Simpsons joke for the intelligent ones on here
You are a troll, a bloody big one, you should be banned from any bdo fansites because of it.
Oh and when you say you posted it i think you'll find it was posted on fanatics, something your pal Mark failed to copy n paste over here, weird huh?

Madsocks
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

WCDPA wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
BDO is gonna grow x
With last year of C4 coverage a full venue and good championships might be the deciding factor in contract being renewed .
God I hope not! Surely viewing figures will matter a lot more? Anyway last year they sold about 75% of tickets in advance, they've sold more than 60% this year so far, if they get to 75% again they'll probably be happy enough.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:It's only the bdo haters on here who are actually bothered, especially me
true
Nah, I said right from the start on FB that's it's obviously because they were trying to sort out a live draw in Ch4. I'm sticking to that. No big deal and no hurry unless your a hanger on to a particular player.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Aye..but seeing there's still a ranking event to go...plus the PDPA qualifiers then it would be rather difficult....plus they don't have an issue shifting tickets as it's a sports event and not a private do for friends and family ☺
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

trotter wrote:
Aye..but seeing there's still a ranking event to go...plus the PDPA qualifiers then it would be rather difficult....plus they don't have an issue shifting tickets as it's a sports event and not a private do for friends and family ☺
Agh I see, so the players, especially the overseas ones still don't know when they will be playing and as you say still waiting for qualifiers so that's all OK. On the other hand waiting to schedule in the draw (which is for an event next year by the way) on live TV and the associated publicity which in turn goes with this is a bad idea....... :MAD: :MAD:

And there's still people on here who think this forum isn't biased...... :roll: :roll:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
trotter wrote:
Agh I see, so the players, especially the overseas ones still don't know when they will be playing and as you say still waiting for qualifiers so that's all OK. On the other hand waiting to schedule in the draw (which is for an event next year by the way) on live TV and the associated publicity which in turn goes with this is a bad idea....... :MAD: :MAD:

And there's still people on here who think this forum isn't biased...... :roll: :roll:
FFS man, didn't you see the poll we ran which delivered a clear verdict that we were an unbiased forum. :WWWW:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
trotter wrote:

FFS man, didn't you see the poll we ran which delivered a clear verdict that we were an unbiased forum. :WWWW:
You lot make me chuckle......
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Has the draw been done for this yet?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
trotter wrote:

You lot make me chuckle......
Perhaps we need a new poll, a proper one in which both sides agree the questions so there is no leading the witness... :grin:

c'mon admin, sort one out but make sure you keep Padds and Ian happy with the Q