2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Skewball »

only85 wrote:
Skewball wrote:
only85 wrote:channel 4 are a public broadcaster its primary mission is to champion diversity & offer alternative views / programming eg ( darts games that arnt 100 average but are to some people still exciting to watch) however its prepared to take losses on such programmes if need be to full fill its remit from the government,

I love the fact that we are comparing BDO darts to CH4's diversity remit.. Do they put it in alongside undatables in the diversity box :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
the point stands sorry that channel 4 have (by its charter to operate), to offer alternative viewing & like it or not bdo darts is alternative viewing to the now normal rammed down your throats hyperbole pdc coverered by bbc / itv/ sky, which is enjoyable in itself & so is the alternative
I honestly don't see the darts fulfilling any part of the Channel 4 remit to be blunt.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

You are really suggesting that the fact that "BDO darts is different to PDC darts" fulfils the "diversity" remit?

Behave.

If anything that box would be ticked by the fact they show the women. Hence why I'm surprised they havent insisted on a disabled match, but I suppose getting in an interviewer without 4 fully operational limbs covers it.
Big Jock Knew
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Ginge wrote:You are really suggesting that the fact that "BDO darts is different to PDC darts" fulfils the "diversity" remit?

Behave.

If anything that box would be ticked by the fact they show the women. Hence why I'm surprised they havent insisted on a disabled match, but I suppose getting in an interviewer without 4 fully operational limbs covers it.
i can see a disabled match from the world masters being played at lakeside if it carries on with channel 4 showing it, & well said on dan cates the guy does a good job ex athlete & quite right he should be given a job his ability to do the job is put first, the darts does fit the diversity & different perspective remit for channel 4 because its the alternative view of the sport of darts in that the pdc has become the norm, as is ladies darts, no body can argue the pdc is the cream at the top but like non league soccer here is a different aspect of the same thing thats where it fits for some of the obligations it must fill & darts helps it tick the boxes
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Skewball wrote:
only85 wrote:
Skewball wrote:
only85 wrote:channel 4 are a public broadcaster its primary mission is to champion diversity & offer alternative views / programming eg ( darts games that arnt 100 average but are to some people still exciting to watch) however its prepared to take losses on such programmes if need be to full fill its remit from the government,

I love the fact that we are comparing BDO darts to CH4's diversity remit.. Do they put it in alongside undatables in the diversity box :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
the point stands sorry that channel 4 have (by its charter to operate), to offer alternative viewing & like it or not bdo darts is alternative viewing to the now normal rammed down your throats hyperbole pdc coverered by bbc / itv/ sky, which is enjoyable in itself & so is the alternative
I honestly don't see the darts fulfilling any part of the Channel 4 remit to be blunt.
It doesnt, the only way it stays on C4 is the same as Dave, if the cost for showing it is worthwhile to compared to showing a come dine with me or a random film. Darts is nothing to them, as shown by the fact they didnt advertise it at all until mid December and couldnt even be bothered to give them 5 minutes to show the draw on TV.

I can see someone picking it up though but the general consensus that I saw all week was people complaining about it being shared over 2 channels. If I was betting Id say Eurosport or Premier sports (who own that freeview channel apparently) will pick it up.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:
only85 wrote:
Skewball wrote:

It doesnt, the only way it stays on C4 is the same as Dave, if the cost for showing it is worthwhile to compared to showing a come dine with me or a random film. Darts is nothing to them, as shown by the fact they didnt advertise it at all until mid December and couldnt even be bothered to give them 5 minutes to show the draw on TV.

I can see someone picking it up though but the general consensus that I saw all week was people complaining about it being shared over 2 channels. If I was betting Id say Eurosport or Premier sports (who own that freeview channel apparently) will pick it up.
Your sticking point are the production costs., I would say.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:
only85 wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Your sticking point are the production costs., I would say.
Eurosport has the money and seems to be happy to show BDO again after putting the Masters on, push came to shove you know the BDO would have anyone doing the production.

Id say the sticking point is going to be the money to the BDO. They got 400K (?) for 2 years last time, Im guessing they are going to be looking at the same again, maybe more now its not at lakeside. Not many small time channels can afford 400K then production costs on top of that.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

How early would you suggest them advertising a tv show then?? I don’t recollect Sky, BBC, ITV or anyone advertising a tv show more than few weeks in advance??

As for the draw, you don’t see the world snooker championship draw live on BBC yet they have just signed a long extension to continue showing snooker for years to come!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

How early would you suggest them advertising a tv show then?? I don’t recollect Sky, BBC, ITV or anyone advertising a tv show more than few weeks in advance??

As for the draw, you don’t see the world snooker championship draw live on BBC yet they have just signed a long extension to continue showing snooker for years to come!
You dont. World Snooker do the draw themselves through their social media channels

But as far as I know the BBC didnt give World Snooker the runaround for weeks, waiting for a date to air it, and then merely whacked it on the website 90 minutes before the scheduled time ;)
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

The BBC do show The Masters draw during their coverage of the UK Championships though.

(They don't show the Wimbledon ones as the go on longer than a Champions League draw!)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

only85 wrote:
Ginge wrote:You are really suggesting that the fact that "BDO darts is different to PDC darts" fulfils the "diversity" remit?

Behave.

i can see a disabled match from the world masters being played at lakeside if it carries on with channel 4 showing it, & well said on dan cates the guy does a good job ex athlete & quite right he should be given a job his ability to do the job is put first, the darts does fit the diversity & different perspective remit for channel 4 because its the alternative view of the sport of darts in that the pdc has become the norm, as is ladies darts, no body can argue the pdc is the cream at the top but like non league soccer here is a different aspect of the same thing thats where it fits for some of the obligations it must fill & darts helps it tick the boxes
Ok, i think you need to stop now.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

markymark wrote:The BBC do show The Masters draw during their coverage of the UK Championships though.

They show the draw but they don't show the draw being performed live and that's the difference!
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

You dont. World Snooker do the draw themselves through their social media channels

But as far as I know the BBC didnt give World Snooker the runaround for weeks, waiting for a date to air it, and then merely whacked it on the website 90 minutes before the scheduled time ;)

The point is not showing the draw live doesn't mean the tv channel aren't interested!

So you're saying C4 wanted to show the draw live anyway??
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

The point is not showing the draw live doesn't mean the tv channel aren't interested!

So you're saying C4 wanted to show the draw live anyway??
Well yes, they did show it. Just not live, and not on their channel. I highly doubt this was what they told the BDO to begin with, though ;)
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Just to pour some water on the flames that this event wont be happening at Lakeside in 2019: the hotel is fully booked online between Friday 4th Jan and Sun 13th Jan next year, but is able to be booked both before and afterwards.

Wont have been set up like that if wasnt there in 2019.....
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

It'll probably be there and most likely be on Channel 4 and BT again. PROBABLY.
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Skewball »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:It'll probably be there and most likely be on Channel 4 and BT again. PROBABLY.
I agree. The status quo wins out on most occasions.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:It'll probably be there and most likely be on Channel 4 and BT again. PROBABLY.
Get it booked.......... :CCDD:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Get what booked? You can only book Travelodges as far as mid-December at the moment...
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Get what booked? You can only book Travelodges as far as mid-December at the moment...
You would make an excellent PA :DDDDS:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
You would make an excellent PA :DDDDS:
Tried to book one last week for a wedding im going to as a guest, and found I couldnt.

Anyway, only a nutter books a hotel for something that isnt 100% confirmed yet. Remember when Bigworm booked a hotel for the FIsh Market the day before it was first announced? :D
Big Jock Knew